2017 Coaching Carousel

There are some rumblings that Bill O'Brien may be let go by the Texans, I wonder if any of the schools looking for coaches are sorry they didn't wait? Might be damaged NFL goods because of how handled the Savage concussion situation. My guess is if he gets let go he sits out 2018 and grabs a decent NCAA gig at the end of next year.

I've always wanted him at ND after he rebuilt Penn St. If Harbaugh bolts for the NFL, I'm sure he'll be #1 on Michigan's list.

https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state/alex-grinch-ohio-state-coach-bio-defensive-coordinator

Alex Grinch coming to Ohio State as co-defensive coordinator, per report

Washington State football/Twitter

Ryan Connors

@RyanConnors_
Posted 8 mins ago

Alex Grinch is leaving Washington State to become Ohio State’s co-defensive coordinator, according to Sports Illustrated’s Bruce Feldman.

Previous reports connected Grinch to Ohio State, but did not specify what role he would be taking with the Buckeyes. He’ll assist defensive coordinator Greg Schiano, who infamously agreed to become Tennessee’s head coach before fan outrage led to the Vols backing out of the deal.

New rules go into effect on Jan. 10 that allow teams to hire a 10th on-field assistant, which makes room for Grinch to join Ohio State’s staff.

Grinch has served as Washington State’s defensive coordinator under head coach Mike Leach for three seasons, and produced a surprisingly efficient defense under Leach, who’s known for his high-octane Air Raid offense. The Cougars’ defense ranked 23rd in S&P+, while its 24.4 points per game allowed ranked 46th.

FootballScoop was first to report Grinch’s hiring last month, but Urban Meyer said prior to Ohio State’s win over USC in the Cotton Bowl that nothing had been finalized between the two parties.