2017-18 discussion

One FF and Elite 8 at Witchita St is damn good.

And he's done what else? Loyola just made it to the Final Four, is Porter Moser now an elite coach? What about Shaka Smart same deal for him with VCU? He inherited a mediocre Texas program then was bounced in 1st Round this year (year 2 for him). Or how about Jim Larranaga with George Mason? What has he done at Miami? One ACC Tournament title, but not much else in the tournament.

Last edited:
And he's done what else? Loyal just made it to the Final Four, is Porter Moser now an elite coach? What about Shaka Smart same deal for him with VCU? He inherited a mediocre Texas program then was bounced in 1st Round this year (year 2 for him). Or how about Jim Larranaga with George Mason? What has he done at Miami? One ACC Tournament title, but not much else in the tournament.

What else? A FF and Elite 8 within a 5 yr time frame is pretty god dam good for WSU. Considering you’re arguing for Mick who hasn’t gotten to either round in 12 seasons.

Okay pboy. Luckily Nova’s AD didn’t share your view.

What makes you think I’d have fired Wright? Even before this run, he went to a few elite 8s. You’re also missing a big point... Mick is a head. You think Jay Wright would get in a scrap with a player or not take blame for blowing a 20 pt lead. I can’t imagine a recruit wanting to play for a coach like Cronin. And if you can’t recruit, you can’t win.

What makes you think I’d have fired Wright? Even before this run, he went to a few elite 8s. You’re also missing a big point... Mick is a head. You think Jay Wright would get in a scrap with a player or not take blame for blowing a 20 pt lead. I can’t imagine a recruit wanting to play for a coach like Cronin. And if you can’t recruit, you can’t win.

Because there’s no way a spazz like you would tolerate Wright after a 12, 19, and 14 loss seasons in a row. You would have claimed he was lucky, too nice, or unable to land top 5 classes or some nonsense. We all know that’s true, even you know if, if you’d be honest.

Who gives a sht if you like Mick as a person or if you can’t imagine a recruit wanting to play for him (pretty moronic comment, even from you, btw)? He won 60+ games in 2 years. But keep making a fool of yourself.

Because there’s no way a spazz like you would tolerate Wright after a 12, 19, and 14 loss seasons in a row. You would have claimed he was lucky, too nice, or unable to land top 5 classes or some nonsense. We all know that’s true, even you know if, if you’d be honest.

Who gives a sht if you like Mick as a person or if you can’t imagine a recruit wanting to play for him (pretty moronic comment, even from you, btw)? He won 60+ games in 2 years. But keep making a fool of yourself.

I would bc he had a solid track record in the yrs prior. And you keep bringing up the 30 wins/yr, who cares? It’s not against P5 comp and he’s accomplished in the Tourney. There were years the Bengals won a lot of Reg Season games under Marvin, but does that matter now with his awful playoff record?

And it’s not even about disliking him as a person, it’s that he’s a terrible leader as a coach. He has no problem chewing out players for their mistakes, but when it’s his turn to own up, he deflects and uses the “bball isn’t life” excuse. Who wants to play for someone like that?

Based on your criteria and past spazz outs about other coaches, it’s pretty evident you would have called for his termination if you were a Nova fan or, more similarly, a bitter Temple fan/alum, who just flat out has a bug up his about Nova.

I bring up 30 wins because it is a big deal. It’s what led to high seeds in the tourney and it’s why he isn’t on the hot seat at all. :shrug:

Based on your criteria and past spazz outs about other coaches, it’s pretty evident you would have called for his termination if you were a Nova fan or, more similarly, a bitter Temple fan/alum, who just flat out has a bug up his about Nova.

I bring up 30 wins because it is a big deal. It’s what led to high seeds in the tourney and it’s why he isn’t on the hot seat at all. :shrug:

It’s all smoke and mirrors, they weren’t playing in the ACC or B10. They had 2 good wins all year (Houston, WSU) and that was it.

What else? A FF and Elite 8 within a 5 yr time frame is pretty god dam good for WSU. Considering you’re arguing for Mick who hasn’t gotten to either round in 12 seasons.

To be clear, the Final Four and Elite Eight that he made were in the same year (2013). Made the Sweet 16 in '06 and '15.

To be clear, the Final Four and Elite Eight that he made were in the same year (2013). Made the Sweet 16 in '06 and '15.

I thought they lost to UK in the E8. Point still stands, he’s a superior coach to Cronin. It’s not exactly easy to get kids to Witchita, KS. You can play all the games you want to justify his mediocrity, but UC fans better not when he comes up short again and again.

I thought they lost to UK in the E8. Point still stands, he’s a superior coach to Cronin. It’s not exactly easy to get kids to Witchita, KS. You can play all the games you want to justify his mediocrity, but UC fans better not when he comes up short again and again.

They lost to UK in the round of 32. When they went to the final four UK wasnt in the tourney I believe.

I bet your head almost exploded with today's home town boy article about Mick Cronin in the Enquirer.

I don’t read the Enquirer. I’m guessing he still didn’t own up to the Nevada melt down. He refuses to admit his way doesn’t win Tournament games, but he’s so ego driven, he doesn’t care.

Is Kansas going to be in trouble?
KU is making the Sergeant Shultz claim.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/New-Colleges-Are-Named-in/243091

The new indictment affirms much of the previous one, but it adds the new charge that at least $90,000 in payments were made to a Kansas recruit. A Kansas spokesman emphasized the university’s role in the investigation in a statement on Tuesday.

“Earlier today, we learned that the University of Kansas is named as a victim in a federal indictment,” the statement said. “The indictment does not suggest any wrongdoing by the university, its coaches, or its staff.”