2016 Season Talk

I don't get why the OHSAA cannot post full brackets for all Districts after they have been decided? Some are complete with seeding yet others are blank.

The Lady Cougars finish with their best regular season ever last night in taking out Padua in 5 sets. LC finishes 22-0 on the season.

Best of luck to the Lady Cougars in the postseason!

The Lady Cougars finish with their best regular season ever last night in taking out Padua in 5 sets. LC finishes 22-0 on the season.

Best of luck to the Lady Cougars in the postseason!

They are a machine this year. Ranked #1 in Ohio regardless of Division and MaxPreps has them at #12 Nationally. They look like a 17 National team as opposed to a HS side, their top 3 front row players could hang with any NCAA team outside of the B1G. Only possible hole is at Setter as Cvelbar is good but not as great as her sister so they play a 6-2 with a Freshmen setting part of the time. I cannot see them having any trouble until they probably see Padua again in Dayton.

They are definitely the best team in Ohio for sure...but I'd say you are making it a stretch by saying they could compete with most NCAA teams...I'm not so sure you have seen many D1 collegiate games...

They are definitely the best team in Ohio for sure...but I'd say you are making it a stretch by saying they could compete with most NCAA teams...I'm not so sure you have seen many D1 collegiate games...

I have seen plenty of NCAA volleyball... I never said the entire team, of course they would get eaten alive. Just the front row of Eller, Witte, and Angermeier could hang. Heck Cvelbar would be called for 2s half the time as the OHSAA refs that saw her sister all those years seem afraid to make that call on her.

I think the best High School player on Lake is not Witte or Eller but Ila Angermeier. Shame she is not a couple inches taller to get more NCAA looks as she has great hitting form. Keep an eye on her during JO season as she slides over to AVC and will have UC commit, Shannon Williams, setting her this club season.