2016-2017 Elder Basketball

trey2k

How will this year's squad be? I'm guessing the team will look completely different with so many Seniors graduating last year?

How will this year's squad be? I'm guessing the team will look completely different with so many Seniors graduating last year?

Jumping a little far a head. TBH, they will struggle. Mosely and Harp are there only returning players who contributed significant minutes. I'm guessing Estep will run Point and the Soph Wertz will be the Center. Other than that, no clue. I'd guess they'll win maybe 9-10 games this year, possibly 1 GCL win v X, though X will be greatly improved.

Jumping a little far a head. TBH, they will struggle. Mosely and Harp are there only returning players who contributed significant minutes. I'm guessing Estep will run Point and the Soph Wertz will be the Center. Other than that, no clue. I'd guess they'll win maybe 9-10 games this year, possibly 1 GCL win v X, though X will be greatly improved.

Aren't tryouts in like a week? It is permissible to talk about basketball during football?

So many unwritten rules in this place.

Aren't tryouts in like a week? It is permissible to talk about basketball during football?

So many unwritten rules in this place.

Of course you can talk bball. I didn't realize bball was starting so soon, especially since at least 1/3 of the team is playing football. Estep and Harp will be a solid backcourt, but after Wertz, there's not much size.

Just assumed they always had tryouts kind of around Halloween (give or take a week).

If that's the case, will there be a handful from the sophomore class? I don't know much about the Junior class.

I would predict quite a few sophomores will see time on varsity this year.

Austing would be my best guess followed by Obrien.

Bittner will see PT too. This is a strong year across the city so it may be a struggle but they have some good talent coming up. I will guess 12-10.

LaSalle has gone 10+ years without a center and they've been fine.

They play an entirely different brand of bball, that would require Elder to overhaul it's entire philosophy. BTW, has anyone noticed Austing has been coaching on the football team? What's his role?