2015 Hodge Trophy Voting

Serious question here- does Dieringer's season fall short of, match up to, or exceed Logan's season? Both have five decisions; Dieringer had 11 pins, 4 tech falls, and 12 majors, while Logan had 10 pins, 8 tech falls, and four majors. Dieringer's closest match was 5 points (Bo Jordan, 6-1) and Logan's closest match was 3 points (Mitchell Port, 6-3). In terms of wins over All-Americans, Stieber had 5 by my count(Portx2, Jack, Dardanes, Ashnault), while Dieringer had 6 (Sulzer, Morenox2, Morse, Walsh, Jordan). It seems pretty even to me, but I have a feeling Stieber will win overwhelmingly due to career achievement.

Serious question here- does Dieringer's season fall short of, match up to, or exceed Logan's season? Both have five decisions; Dieringer had 11 pins, 4 tech falls, and 12 majors, while Logan had 10 pins, 8 tech falls, and four majors. Dieringer's closest match was 5 points (Bo Jordan, 6-1) and Logan's closest match was 3 points (Mitchell Port, 6-3). In terms of wins over All-Americans, Stieber had 5 by my count(Portx2, Jack, Dardanes, Ashnault), while Dieringer had 6 (Sulzer, Morenox2, Morse, Walsh, Jordan). It seems pretty even to me, but I have a feeling Stieber will win overwhelmingly due to career achievement.

Just voted this morning.

Logan 42%
Ringer 23%
IMar 23%
Gwiz/others 12%

Definitely deserving just as much as Logan. I believe Logan had a one point victory this year when he was sick.

With that said I do believe Logan is the best wrestler pound for pound.

Their team points per match went as follows...

I. Mart-4.24
N. Gwiaz-4.56
A. 'Ringer-4.58
L. Stieber-4.66

Even forgetting the 4x thing, Logan had the best season this year too.

I. Mart-4.24
N. Gwiaz-4.56
A. 'Ringer-4.58
L. Stieber-4.66

Yeah, but I think Logan didn't have the better season. I think Logan had an equal season, but will win by a lot due to the 4x thing. Those .08 team points are negligible

Yeah, but I think Logan didn't have the better season. I think Logan had an equal season, but will win by a lot due to the 4x thing. Those .08 team points are negligible

If .08 is negligible then the .02 between 'Ringer and IM is really zero and IMart should win it by your standards then right?

Look at the NCAAs.

'Ringer had 2 Fs, 1 MD, 2 D
Stieber had 1 F, 2 TF, 1 MD, 1 D.

Logan scored more bonus points at the highest level.

I. Mart-4.24
N. Gwiaz-4.56
A. 'Ringer-4.58
L. Stieber-4.66

We agree with the outcome, but I'm not sure where your getting your stats. Here's the NCAA's Most Dominant Wrestler Award stats. This has not been updated to reflect the NCAA performance where Logan went TF, F, TF, MD, and D (4.6). Ringer, meanwhile, went F, F, MD, D, and D (4.4). #2 Gwiazdowski went D, MD, MD, D, and D (3.4). Along with the fact that Logan is a 4xer, this Hodge is a slam dunk Logan.

RANK NAME SCHOOL WEIGHT POINTS
1 Logan Stieber Ohio State 141 5.0
2 Nick Gwiazdowski North Carolina State 285 4.64
3 Alex Dieringer Oklahoma State 165 4.6
4 Isaiah Martinez Illinois 157 4.38
5 Mitchell Port Edinboro 141 4.32

And after over 20K votes, 46% of the fans agree as well. That's more than Ringer (21%) and IMart combinde (21%).

He didn't have a better season ?! WTF. He was voted by the NCAA as the most dominate wrestler for the season and that award and accumulated by his in season performance and stats. On top of that he was Outstanding Wrestler of the most difficult tournament in the nation. And he was a huge part of them winning the Big 10 And national title. Without Logan none of that happens. With out them other wrestlers in there line up nothing changes for their respected teams.

We agree with the outcome, but I'm not sure where your getting your stats. Here's the NCAA's Most Dominant Wrestler Award stats. This has not been updated to reflect the NCAA performance where Logan went TF, F, TF, MD, and D (4.6). Ringer, meanwhile, went F, F, MD, D, and D (4.4). #2 Gwiazdowski went D, MD, MD, D, and D (3.4). Along with the fact that Logan is a 4xer, this Hodge is a slam dunk Logan.

And after over 20K votes, 46% of the fans agree as well. That's more than Ringer (21%) and IMart combinde (21%).

I just used the stats that were on the voting site.

In terms of NCAA performance, you have to look at who they faced as well. Logan had Laster, Morales, Abidin, Jack, and Port (2 AA's, Port=2nd, Jack=5th). Dieringer had McMahon, Rohskopf, Morse, Jordan, and Walsh (3 AA's, Morse=4th, Jordan=3rd, Walsh=2nd). Dieringer beat the other three top guys at his weight by no less than 5, and only because he chose down against Bo.

I'm not saying Logan shouldn't win. I'm saying I think Dieringer had an equally as impressive season.

This voting is a blowout, as it should be.

After nearly 40k votes

Logan 54%
IMart 20%
Ringer 17%
Gwiazdowski 9%

The Kid can handle the pressure

One more thing to think about when comparing Logan's stats...no other wrestler had the pressure on them all year like Logan did. He had everyone scrutinizing his every move and wondering whether he could be 4X Champ. The hype of the entire NCAA was whether he would do it. He dominated every match and made it look ridiculously easy. It was as if he felt no pressure. To be able to perform as well as he did with all that pressure should get bonus points by anyone looking to judge.

Capping off an unbelievable college career with his 4th title, team title, and Outstanding wrestler...the Hodge is the only thing left for Logan to achieve and I don't see anyone not giving it to him.