2011 Barnesville Sectional

Yeah, SV is there. I talked to Coach Groff briefly last night, all I really know is Sam Groff and Parker Cole are the #1 seeds at 171 and 189. I'm still checking baumspage and ovaecwrestling about every half hour for the pairings.

Brackets/seeds will not be released until Wednesday night/Thursday morning. They have to wait until all sectionals in the Coshocton District have had their seeding meetings. This is to make sure that the sectionals with earlier seeding meetings are not at a disadvantage by doing theirs earlier. The thinking is that guys could move weigh classes after they see where someone from another sectional is entered because they already had their seeding meeting and some of the sectionals are not having their seeding meetings until Wednesday.

Yeah, SV is there. I talked to Coach Groff briefly last night, all I really know is Sam Groff and Parker Cole are the #1 seeds at 171 and 189. I'm still checking baumspage and ovaecwrestling about every half hour for the pairings.

Good luck to Sandy. Has Cole ever wrestled Zack Coole from Martin's Ferry? That could be the sectional final and Groff will get a rematch from Oberdick, should be a interesting final.

Good luck to Sandy. Has Cole ever wrestled Zack Coole from Martin's Ferry? That could be the sectional final and Groff will get a rematch from Oberdick, should be a interesting final.

No, Cole hasn't wrestled Coole. I really don't want to put bulletin board material on here, so I'll refrain from giving my opinion on that match up. Groff and Oberdick is always a great one, my guess is another 1 pointer or OT match.

Sandy Valley wins the sectional title for the 2nd straight year. Sam Groff won 171 and Parker Cole looked dominating pinning his 4 opponents in a total of about 4 minutes.

Team Scores:
1. Sandy Valley 225.00
2. Tuscarawas Val. 176.00
3. St. Clairsville 161.00
4. Martins Ferry 148.00
5. Union Local 105.00
6. Bellaire 91.50
7. Shadyside 89.50
8. Monroe Central 85.50
9. Barnesville 81.00
10. River 80.50
11. Tuscarawas C.C. 44.00
12. Conotton Valley 42.50
13. Beallsville 40.50
14. Malvern 34.00
15. St. John C.C. 28.00
16. Cath. Central 13.00
16. (tie) Toronto 13.00
18. Bridgeport 3.00

Individual Results:
http://www.baumspage.com/esect/barnesville/res11.htm

What happen to Martins Ferry's 171 pounder who place at state last year?

Oberdick looked like he got his bell rung in the 1st round and again in the semifinals and had to default out to 6th. Tough break for him, he's a good wrestler and seems like a good kid. Thankfully it's only his Jr year.