2006 Tyler Moeller (Cincinnati Colerain) LB

There may be a new suitor for Tyler's services....Tennessee.

Scout is reporting that UT is in the process of deciding to offer Tyler or not....Tyler has interest in the Vols.

H&G,
Many of the players come into my work throughout the week. I saw Tyler the other day and he is getting big. It looks like he's grown taller since last season, but he has definitely put on a good amount of muscle.

Connor also came in and he is just a giant. I feel sorry for guys going against him this upcoming season.

C A R D S said:
H&G,
Many of the players come into my work throughout the week. I saw Tyler the other day and he is getting big. It looks like he's grown taller since last season, but he has definitely put on a good amount of muscle.

Connor also came in and he is just a giant. I feel sorry for guys going against him this upcoming season.

I have some news on Connor, but it looks like his thread went away....:dang:

Hey, mods....

Recruiting has lulls...don't delete a players thread just because it hasn't been active for awhile....there will always be news and updates until that player commits.

Thanks!

Hmmm I'm not sure who deleted it, it wasn't me who did....

Thanks for the heads up on Moeller! I hope the Vols offer! The kid is way underated by Scout and Rivals and all those guys...

Ballgame75 said:
what was the update you had on smith, H&G?

that he had committed to OSU...two days before it became official.. :dang:

Tyler will make his choice by Aug. 27th....I believe it is between Iowa and OSU.

I heard that Tyler is balking at accepting the OSU offer because he wants to go somewhere where he will play immediately. I heard that Miami is still in the mix also.

Hopefully he gets some good advice hear and goes with OSU. I have heard that OSU's coaching staff compares him to AJ Hawk.

Wahoo Sam said:
I heard that Tyler is balking at accepting the OSU offer because he wants to go somewhere where he will play immediately. I heard that Miami is still in the mix also.

Hopefully he gets some good advice hear and goes with OSU. I have heard that OSU's coaching staff compares him to AJ Hawk.

Tyler does not care about playing immediatley...he just wants to know what his roll will be, specifically DB or LB...

The staff did use some mention of AJ Hawk (height) but they really compared him to Cei Grant. I'm not making that up either just because I made the comparrison myself earlier in this thread...:angel:

Don Flamenco said:
Why does everyone try and compare every white linebacker now in Ohio to the next AJ Hawk?? LOL

:laugh:

Good question. There really isn't any comparrison to be made between AJ Hawk and Tyler Moeller aside from physical stature. Hawk plays inside. Moeller plays outside. Hawk's status as a LB was never questioned. Moeller could move to safety.

I look at the way Tyler flies off the edge and I see Cei Grant. I see the way he pursues from behind and I see Cei Grant.
I just hope that I look at Tyler next season and he's wearing the same colors that Cei Grant wore...:) :angel:

HAHA No doubt about it. If you watched either of them play in high school they are nowhere near the same type of player. Both are outstanding players but in no way are they comparable. Same goes with all the AJ Hawk - Ross Homan comparisons LOL

I just think people now are simply going to call every single good white linebacker in Ohio who is being looked at by major D-1 powers as the next AJ Hawk because they are white. Its hilarious!

Honor&Glory said:
:laugh:

Good question. There really isn't any comparrison to be made between AJ Hawk and Tyler Moeller aside from physical stature. Hawk plays inside. Moeller plays outside.
:angel:

Actually, that is not true at all, Hawk plays outside linebacker, as a matter of fact he is the outside linebacker on the WEAK side.

Schlegel is in the middle and Bobby Carpenter is on the STRONG side.

Southwest Guy said:
How much did hawk weigh when he started at OSU ?

I don't recall, but he played a lot as a freshman..I want to say he was 215 or more...But AJ is only in inch taller then Tyler right now...