2005 Hamilton High Grads Are Top D1 Performers

terrye3

Jordan Conley and Tyler Elkins played on the same Little League team, thru high school with the Big Blue and at John A. Logan Junior College in Carterville, IL where they won 87 games over two seasons. All good things come to an end and they finally split in 2008 to continue their baseball careers at Division I programs.

Jordan was one of two shortstops on Logan's team that earned Division I scholarships. Jordan has started at shortstop over the last two seasons for Xavier while being the top closer in the conference. He stands a good chance of being selected in the MLB draft as a pitcher.

Tyler earned All GRAC Conference honors for two seasons at catcher at Logan and a scholarship to Bowling Green State University. He was sidelined last season and redshirted after undergoing Tommy John surgery. He came back with a vengance this season currently leading the team with a .413 batting average that is good for second in the conference. He is the everyday catcher and plays first base. Has another season of eligibility for the league leading Falcons.

Hardwork Pays Off!

Jordan Conley and Tyler Elkins played on the same Little League team, thru high school with the Big Blue and at John A. Logan Junior College in Carterville, IL where they won 87 games over two seasons. All good things come to an end and they finally split in 2008 to continue their baseball careers at Division I programs.

Jordan was one of two shortstops on Logan's team that earned Division I scholarships. Jordan has started at shortstop over the last two seasons for Xavier while being the top closer in the conference. He stands a good chance of being selected in the MLB draft as a pitcher.

Tyler earned All GRAC Conference honors for two seasons at catcher at Logan and a scholarship to Bowling Green State University. He was sidelined last season and redshirted after undergoing Tommy John surgery. He came back with a vengance this season currently leading the team with a .413 batting average that is good for second in the conference. He is the everyday catcher and plays first base. Has another season of eligibility for the league leading Falcons.

I enjoyed watching these young men play. You could tell that they put the work in and enjoyed the game. Congrats to both of them and let's hope it gets even better for them.

I would concur, congrats and good luck to both young men. They are great kids.

"Round and round we go."