#17 Xenia ( 1 - 5 ) at #1 Winton Woods ( 6 - 0 )

warriorblue

The Xenia Buccaneers
Last year: 8 wins 2 losses

Made first playoff appearance last year ( lost)
Beat Tecumseh last week for schools 1st playoff win!!
The Bucs dominated Tecumseh and cruised to a 18 to 0 score.

Leading the Bucs Defense is Senior LB Zack Gaither.

Leading the Xenia Offensive is sophomore QB Tremell Wright! The dual threat QB is very elusive and loves running the ball!
Xenia is a very young football team but if they gain confidence, they could be tough to deal with!

As far as WW keys to winning:
1. Play physical!
2. Get off to a fast start.
3.No Turnovers
4. Limited Penalties

if Winton Woods does these things, it should be an easy night. I’m hoping to see some WW young players get some time.

GO WARRIORS!!

The biggest thing I’m sure the WW staff should say or already have is don’t be complacent or comfortable because of their record or lower seed.

Come out early and quickly set the tone
Please don’t beat yourself with untimely penalties
I’m out
Go Warriors

Winton Woods just to let you know the Tiger town Kitty key board fans of Massillon are already convinced you all cant compete with them and if you play them their will be a running clock by 2nd quarter. But that usually happens thought wise when you drink another beer. Lol

Winton Woods just to let you know the Tiger town Kitty key board fans of Massillon are already convinced you all cant compete with them and if you play them their will be a running clock by 2nd quarter. But that usually happens thought wise when you drink another beer. Lol

thanks for the update! I will wait to comment on their drunken fan base!!

If Xenia can't stop the run it's going to be a long evening if the Xenia QB runs a lot it will be very rough evening for him.

Last edited:
Hope we put up a running clock to avoid injuries & so the coaching staff can evaluate some of the younger kids who may be needed in future for a down or 2 if an injury does occur

“Whoop Whoop upside da head....”

Those who were around remember those days in Greenhills and Forest Park.
Priceless.

“Whaaa-Do? Kill!”

That was a close 2nd on my list of favorites.

Are we getting a starting LB back tonight?

Hope so as I don’t think he has been on field yet this fall.
If so man that should turn this D up a notch.
I’m out and will check in after the game.
Look forward to any updates y’all can post please.

Well, it’s always good to advance but the game didn’t go like it should. After getting off to a 21 to 0 lead the Warriors started “going through the motions.” Xenia took advantage of this by scoring a TD late in the 1st half to give them life.
Xenia was led by Sophomore QB T. Wright who made some BIG PLAYS running the football. With a TD early in 4th quarter the Buccaneers came within 8 points of the Warriors (Xenia missed the XP)
With the WW offense stalling, the WW defense came up with a number stopped drives. The WW offense came up HUGE with a long drive to put the game away late in the 4th! Led by QB M. Wingfield and Junior RB T. Spikes who capped of the drive with a 3 yard TD!
Xenia is young but definitely have the pieces for a very good team next year!
As for WW? Well it wasn’t a great performance but WW made plays when they had too! The WW players were definitely not jubilant after the game. They realize that they didn’t finish the Buccaneers off when the opportunity! They also realize Saturday morning film session won’t be fun!! Lol

Next up??! Edgewood!!
GO WARRIORS!!

Let me offer up something. While I greatly appreciate the MaxSports online reporting, it has been nice to have the local cable outlet cover the games when the general public can't attend games. However, apparently now that we are in "the playoffs" and the OHSAA is charge of things live broadcasts aren't allowed except online. You think they would have opened that up this year. Plus the fact that even on a normal year, they allows seem to go with channel that very few people can even get.

Go Warriors, take it to them.

Let me offer up something. While I greatly appreciate the MaxSports online reporting, it has been nice to have the local cable outlet cover the games when the general public can't attend games. However, apparently now that we are in "the playoffs" and the OHSAA is charge of things live broadcasts aren't allowed except online. You think they would have opened that up this year. Plus the fact that even on a normal year, they allows seem to go with channel that very few people can even get.

Great points! I agree

I'm not surprised about how this game went. A lot key players didn't get a full week of practice because most were battling nick nack little injuries. Don't practice good won't play good. Backups were getting a lot of reps this week in practice.

As the saying goes, at this stage in the playoffs, a win is a win. Advance and play on. However, as most of our ww posters know and saw that was not pretty.
* Our QB is sometimes making our receivers work too hard, those little bubble screens/flair outs are there for the taking and with the amount of space the opposing teams DB's are giving us, get it out quick and let them work.
those passes are way too high or too low, which I figured out that instead of throwing the ball, he seems to be aiming the ball.
I did like that little wrinkle out of those passes, a wide open play that could have went for a TD but maybe next week.

* Maybe some of you know what I was trying to get at a couple weeks ago when I mentioned our punt return game. I like our guy who was there, but we need a special teams jolt back there, and now you see why. It effects the game and field position just to name a few.

* Yes, our penalties our killing us, we were able to get away with them, because we were not playing what you call a top tier team, nice team but certainly not the caliber of teams we may face moving forward. I and a couple of us posters have been talking about this for years, boy if we were to clean those up.

*Xenia QB was a nice football player, gave us some fits. very shifty, quick, had good athleticism

* We all know that we're going to get teams best game, because of who we are, teams are going to come in full game and give us their best shot, we have been able to face that adversity and make the plays when needed. Our defense steps up when counted.

* Forget about the first Edgewood game, they will try every trick play in the book coaches and yes we already know the amount of slant passes they will throw over and over.

One game at a time
I'm out
Go Warriors

I have attended over the last 20 years 99% of WW games home and away with the exception of the trips to Missouri and the real other game with Christian Brothers. So this is the first year in several I have not attended a home game because of covid 19 and I greatly miss being in person, however, I have been able to watch every game threw Waycross and the Milford game on a network. I like to be honest I am very grateful for Waycross, I really am but the TV camera they use is not great and the camera ppl are all over the play, a lot of times the play is 20 yards down field and the camera is still back at line of scrimmage . Not all game, but on a lot of plays. It's very frustrating trying to watch games and this happens. A couple of announcers, you can tell probably don't know a lot about the game or certain aspects of the game. They probably don't do a little homework before games to give better insight as to what is happening.

But, make no mistake, I am thankful to watch the Warriors each week. Watching it on you laptop is much better than, on the actual TV
Nevertheless, Go Warriors