#10 Dover Tornadoes @ #2 Streetsboro Rockets D3 Region 9 District Final

Sean Wilson

Can the Tornadoes pull another upset after beating the #7 seed Steubenville Big Red. Playing now the #2 seed Streetsboro Rockets
Go Dover Tornadoes

Where will this game be played? I am hearing Streetsboro is considering moving their home game since their stadium is so small.

I’m not seeing why Streetsboro would want to move this game. They would get no cut in the increased ticket sales, lose home field advantage, and have to pay to have the game at another stadium. All while getting the same $1600 they would get if they hosted the game.

If they move I would suspect Ravenna which is right down Rt 14 about 5 miles unless Ravenna has a home game.

Ravenna has a home game that Friday night. I wonder why Streetsboro would want to move the game. If they do move it, I could see Dix Stadium, or Aurora being a possibility (The Greenmen are on the road Friday night).

Dover will need to duplicate their performance they had in Steubenville to have a chance
Unfortunate for Dover fans that the stadium is so small, cant believe they will even get players parents in to see the game based on the capacity i saw in the internet

Is 2,500 the accurate stadium count? If so, that would mean like 375 people in attendance based on the 15% rule (is that still in play?)

Hope the game is live streamed because it sounds like a parent-only type event. That is unfortunate for the kids, but at least they’re still playing.

I’ve heard good things about Dover’s team this year, but I’ll be surprised if they (or anyone else in DIII besides Chardon) can pull off a win against Streetsboro. They are tougher than ever. Anything is possible though. Best of luck to both teams.

This is a completely different team than played Canfield. That game was 7-3 at the half and then our defense wore down because we couldn’t sustain a drive on offense. The O is rolling now, so the defense looks a million times better, physical and fresher as the game goes on.

Not saying they can stop Streetsboro, but I wouldn’t compare a game from a month ago.

Dover Seems to have found a little bit of confidence and they have really been spreading the ball around, they will need to score at least 35 to have a chance. DOVER 35-34

This is the lineman that is going to Ohio St.?

Yup. I think he missed 2 or 3 games with a broken hand.
Their CB #2 Gates (BC verbal) was in street clothes. The rumor is eligibility issues with his transfer from Akron East a few months ago.

Who are the key players to watch out for on the Dover Tornadoes? I think that if they perform like they did against Steubenville last Friday night, they will make the game against Streetsboro pretty close.