#1 Marion Local vs. #6 St. Henry

Why does that matter, a football is a football field

Im speculating, I remember hearing in the past that "they" try not to give a team an advantage of playing on the same field in the playoffs vs. a team that has not unless its unavoidable. Trying to maintain neutrality... IDT the Cavs would give a rats you know what. Just speculating as to why the Cavs and AE arent at Wapak. Maybe it has nothing to do with it

Region 28 final. This game should be war. Excited to watch it.

What does everyone think?
would really like to see st. henry win ...........same for versailles ............been away from the final 4 for a while.......11....12 titles between them ....?
fans up in northeast , ohio .should take a ride down to midwest athletic conference territory to see a game .........it is something special ............

whatever happened to the delphos st. johns program ...........anybody ??? can t just be coaching ......

would really like to see st. henry win ...........same for versailles ............been away from the final 4 for a while.......11....12 titles between them ....?
fans up in northeast , ohio .should take a ride down to midwest athletic conference territory to see a game .........it is something special ............

whatever happened to the delphos st. johns program ...........anybody ??? can t just be coaching ......
They've had a massive loss in numbers in the school in general. It's just been a numbers thing for them mostly.

These are the stats from the 1st game : https://stats.digitalscout.com/football/boys/game/13816861

ML outrushed SH by almost 70 yds. ( Kyle Otte now is out with an injury ), SH had success throwing the football ( ML has made changes in the sec. since than, can Tate Hess play - pick 6 vs Fort Loramie ). To me the key of the game for the Flyers is can they get another running back to have success so SH can't just key on Peyton Otte.

Last edited:
As a Coldwater fan I knew you'd be neutral because y'all hate both lol.
I may be wrong but I feel the 'hatred' aspect has gone away.

Back in the day there was the jealousy of SH because they had what CW wanted: Titles.

Once CW got theirs it become more of a mutual respect and admiration. Maybe it was because CW was now on the positive end of the rivalry and the long win streak.

CW/MSML. I see these two like brothers. One a flannel, cowboy boot with a skoal looking beef jerky can ring in their jeans and one starbucks mochachino drinking yuppy.

Both have a mutual respect, with a competitive one upsmanship demeanor but with both seeing great success so the animosity is at a minimun.

Make no mistake, whomever wins this one will have the entire CavNation in their corner to take down the Lima All Stars in week 15.

On one hand I would like to see SH get a title this year to put themselves BACK on the map.
But on the other, I'd like to see MSML inch closer to immortality on the title list.

I guess at this point I trust a Goodwin led team to take care of business but no matter who comes out alive I hope they do so healthy and still hungry to complete the mission and bring Gold back home to the MC and the MAC>

Im speculating, I remember hearing in the past that "they" try not to give a team an advantage of playing on the same field in the playoffs vs. a team that has not unless its unavoidable. Trying to maintain neutrality... IDT the Cavs would give a rats you know what. Just speculating as to why the Cavs and AE arent at Wapak. Maybe it has nothing to do with it
Not that it matters, but ML played at Wapak in Week 1.

I believe that DVII has some very nice teams this year as a whole, ones that won't make it easy for the MAC teams to win the championship. Even with that being said, I do expect the winner of this game to be the favorite to win the championship. I'm going with Marion Local in this rematch, in a lower scoring game. I think St. Henry's lack of passing game will ultimately hurt them. ML scores late to take this one by two scores. I'll go with:

Marion Local 21
St. Henry 7

I believe that DVII has some very nice teams this year as a whole, ones that won't make it easy for the MAC teams to win the championship. Even with that being said, I do expect the winner of this game to be the favorite to win the championship. I'm going with Marion Local in this rematch, in a lower scoring game. I think St. Henry's lack of passing game will ultimately hurt them. ML scores late to take this one by two scores. I'll go with:

Marion Local 21
St. Henry 7
I noticed it seemed like SH went for two after each TD this week or were the score updates I was seeing all jacked up?

I noticed it seemed like SH went for two after each TD this week or were the score updates I was seeing all jacked up?
Starting placekicker has a knee injury and probably done for the year. The backup is a little shaky, so with the wind conditions, just went for two every time. Actually, think they tried kicking it on the last TD and missed. Got a personal foul for roughing the kicker, then went for 2 and got it.

Starting placekicker has a knee injury and probably done for the year. The backup is a little shaky, so with the wind conditions, just went for two every time. Actually, think they tried kicking it on the last TD and missed. Got a personal foul for roughing the kicker, then went for 2 and got it.
i have a feeling that they will be going for two from now on.... could be a difference maker , in the game with the Flyers

MAC is guaranteed a team in the state semi finals for the 28th consecutive year.

Some questions:
Anyone know how many times there have been two MAC State Champs? I know one year the MAC had three.
How many consecutive years has there been at least one MAC state Champ?
Just curious? I wish the OHC/CBC would schedule a MAC regular season game. I think Catholic Central did a while back.

Some questions:
Anyone know how many times there have been two MAC State Champs? I know one year the MAC had three.
How many consecutive years has there been at least one MAC state Champ?
Just curious? I wish the OHC/CBC would schedule a MAC regular season game. I think Catholic Central did a while back.
With SH or MSML guaranteed a spot next week it marks 28 straight years of a MAC team at state. See below:

2020: NB-CW
2019: Anna-MSML
2018: None. 1 runners up
2017: MSML-Min
2016: MSML
2015: CW-FR-
2014: CW-Min-MSML
2013: CW-MSML
2012: CW-MSML
2011: MSML
2010: DSJ
2009: None. 2 runners up, 1 semi finalist.
2008: DSJ
2007: CW-MSML
2006: SH-MSML
2005: CW-DSJ
2004: SH
2003: Versailles
2002: None. 1 semi finalist
2001: MSML
2000: MSML
1999: DSJ.
1998: DSJ
1997: DSJ
1996: None. 1 runners up
1995: SH
1994: SH
-------------break-----
1992: SH
1990: SH (best team ever in the MAC. 2 NFL players (Bobby Hoying/Jeff Hartings). D1 college: Brunswick, Hoying, Hartings, Niekamp and I believe another wen to a non D1.
1989: Minster.

With SH or MSML guaranteed a spot next week it marks 28 straight years of a MAC team at state. See below:

2020: NB-CW
2019: Anna-MSML
2018: None. 1 runners up
2017: MSML-Min
2016: MSML
2015: CW-FR-
2014: CW-Min-MSML
2013: CW-MSML
2012: CW-MSML
2011: MSML
2010: DSJ
2009: None. 2 runners up, 1 semi finalist.
2008: DSJ
2007: CW-MSML
2006: SH-MSML
2005: CW-DSJ
2004: SH
2003: Versailles
2002: None. 1 semi finalist
2001: MSML
2000: MSML
1999: DSJ.
1998: DSJ
1997: DSJ
1996: None. 1 runners up
1995: SH
1994: SH
-------------break-----
1992: SH
1990: SH (best team ever in the MAC. 2 NFL players (Bobby Hoying/Jeff Hartings). D1 college: Brunswick, Hoying, Hartings, Niekamp and I believe another wen to a non D1.
1989: Minster.
I remember seeing St. Henry with Bobby Hoying play DSJ, very impressive teams. The DSJ teams during their streak were pretty dominant. Obviously Marion Local and Coldwater have had some dominant runs/teams. I still think the most impressive teams I saw in person were the Marion Local teams of 2000 and 2001. I saw them beat Mogadore in the finals both years, 54-0 and 63-7.

I remember seeing St. Henry with Bobby Hoying play DSJ, very impressive teams. The DSJ teams during their streak were pretty dominant. Obviously Marion Local and Coldwater have had some dominant runs/teams. I still think the most impressive teams I saw in person were the Marion Local teams of 2000 and 2001. I saw them beat Mogadore in the finals both years, 54-0 and 63-7.
Some very good teams, indeed.

Of course, it is impossible to say truly who was the best ever when you go through different era's.
Right or wrong, what I do though in situations like this, and in college/NFL is to compare the athletes in how they rated among their peers.
ST Henry with all those D1 athletes, and 2 future NFL guys, makes me lean toward that way simply because they had that much talent that went onto the next levels.

Flawed thinking, but better than nothing I guess.

Some very good teams, indeed.

Of course, it is impossible to say truly who was the best ever when you go through different era's.
Right or wrong, what I do though in situations like this, and in college/NFL is to compare the athletes in how they rated among their peers.
ST Henry with all those D1 athletes, and 2 future NFL guys, makes me lean toward that way simply because they had that much talent that went onto the next levels.

Flawed thinking, but better than nothing I guess.
You're probably right. The MAC has produced many great champions, but producing that much D1 talent on a champion is rare.

That would be ML. And Coldwater and Versailles will also go all the way...earning the MAC it's second hat trick. You heard it here first.
I doubt it.

Cavs would have to beat last year's state runner up in Middletown Springfield who is returning that stud QB.

Versailles has to get thru Kirkland

SH/ML, IMO, is the best chance for a MAC title.