#1 Georgia vs #4 Ohio State (Atlanta, GA)

No. None of last year's wr recruits made an impression this year. Brown and Graves were top 100 recruits. Ballard was top 100 the year before. You would think one of them would have stepped up when JSN went down. I think Fleming has underperformed. There was no depth at that position.
i thought Fleming had a good game last night, but he has had a case of the droppsi's this season

You had two five stars (Henderson and Pryor) and a four star (Crowley) out for most/all of the season and Miyan was obviously too injured to go more than a few carries. They have RB’s. Just need them healthy.
Henderson played hurt all year... had 1,300 yards last year, just couldn't make the cuts like he did last season... a fracture in the foot would do that, and the Bucks had big things planned for Pryor this season.... we don't lose a game with those two players healthy this season, and then add the best reciever in the nation going down , they would not have been touched this year with those three players healthy..... but it is what it is....

Smart called the TO when he was approx. 10 yrds, from the official and then runs up to him because he had not got his attention, to acknowledge the call.

The replay clearly shows that he DIDN'T acknowledge the request till AFTER the play had started!
i saw that too...... i had a couple Miller Lights in me by that time.... but thats what i saw... when they showed the REPLAY ONCE!!

Day builds his team from the outside in, UGA inside out. In other words, Day wants the flashy receivers and top notch QB where UGA builds it team on oline and defense. I think QB is very important, but Stetson Bennett will be lucky if he makes a NFL roster next season. I could give a d*** about these prima donna receivers.
Like UGA, Alabama has won both with game managers and super stars. I think we should always aim for a superstar.

I feel like as a position group they've received a fair amount of heat that I'm not sure is warranted. They played 90+% of the season without a 1st round pick in JSN. Two 1st round picks left after last season in Olave and Wilson (with a 3rd in Jameson Williams who transferred to Alabama for last year).

That's an enormous talent exodus. Outside of Fleming and swiss army knife (and former walk-on) Xavier Johnson, all of the guys that saw the field at WR were 1st and 2nd year players. Harrison established himself as a surefire 1st round talent. Not a guarantee, but I imagine some of the others will work out the issues they had at times with not getting open, struggling with perimeter blocking, etc., with the experience they gained. They should with how young they were.
they MUST be able to BLOCK or the WR will not play!!

Weird response.

Not sure what parts you agree with and what parts you don't. At least I gave clear evidence that the targeting occurred but I can't make anyone look at it objectively. Interestingly, the officials on the field agreed with me. It was some unknown faceless person that changed the call.

Textbook targeting! Just like the Michigan game.
you sir.. are correct!!!

show the video, if i recall, espn showed it once..... the above doesn't show me crap
My post has the tweet that includes the video. It’s self-evident. Just look at it. Stop the video wherever you want.

Sorry that the facts don’t support Ohio State’s whining fans. Too bad, so sad.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

My post has the tweet that includes the video. It’s self-evident. Just look at it. Stop the video wherever you want.

Sorry that the facts don’t support Ohio State’s whining fans. Too bad, so sad.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
sorry dude your post just shows a still shot of the buckeyes sideline..

The timeout was called in time. If you watch the timing of the ref by smart, it is before the snap. If you watch the one by osu, it makes you think wasn't in time. In any event, when you lose by 1, there are bunches of situations that by themselves could flip the game. Getting 7 instead of 3 on the Harrison drive would have been enough

Weird response.

Not sure what parts you agree with and what parts you don't. At least I gave clear evidence that the targeting occurred but I can't make anyone look at it objectively. Interestingly, the officials on the field agreed with me. It was some unknown faceless person that changed the call.

Textbook targeting! Just like the Michigan game.
No you didn't.

espn showed it ONCE... and thats what I saw...... don't give a crap if the coach is running down the sideline saying timeout, making the T with his hands, until the REF does the timeout signal.. the play is going to go!!! any refs out there that can clarify this?
I can clarify that are are wrong.

When the coach asks for TO doesn't matter.

When the official signals TO doesn't matter.

All that matter is when does the official recognize that the coach wants TO.

For those arguing against the targeting (or those that want to confirm it was targeting), go to this replay and use slow motion:

It clearly shows helmet-to-helmet. Also, at the 1:06 mark, another angle shows #22's right shoulder mostly misses and grazes Harrison's back as Harrison's head snaps to the right from the helmet-to-helmet shot.

Clearly textbook targeting.

1672632614669.png

• Launch — a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area
  • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
  • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet
  • receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.

He crouched and launched while leading with his helmet with forcible contact at the head area on a receiver attempting to catch a forward pass who did not have time to protect himself.

Last edited:
It was targeting by any defintion. He did not put the shoulder down; he hit him high, above the shoulders. Hence targeting. Not the reason we lost the game, but it didn't help.

Two things can be true. The B1G can be a bad conference overall this year, but they can still have two of the top 4-5 teams in the country. The rest of the conference was really bad.

People are ragging on the Big 12 being an awful conference due to their bowl record, but then how did TCU make the CFP title Game?
Duh. Because tsun made a stupid call on fourth and goal from the 2, had a touchdown reversed that would have been an incomplete pass if it was on the sideline (receiver didn’t control the ball until he was in the end zone (tsun fumbled on the next play)), and JJ threw two pick sixes.
TCU didn’t earn the title game as much as tsun gave it to them.

For those arguing against the targeting (or those that want to confirm it was targeting), go to this replay and use slow motion:

It clearly shows helmet-to-helmet. Also, at the 1:06 mark, another angle shows #22's right shoulder mostly misses and grazes Harrison's back as Harrison's head snaps to the right from the helmet-to-helmet shot.

Clearly textbook targeting.

View attachment 37773

He crouched and launched while leading with his helmet with forcible contact at the head area on a receiver attempting to catch a forward pass who did not have time to protect himself.
He doesn't crouch.

He doesn't launch.

He turns his body to lead with his shoulder and not the crown of his helmet.

He is not a clown much better at developing QB's than Harbaugh, he does need a good DC, Knowles has been a complete failure so far.
I’m just not sure about this yet. There was definitely some individual improvement, Eichenberg being the main one. So I don‘t yet have a strong feeling.
Is it Knowles?
Is it the defensive scheme, game plan, and adjustments?
Is it the talent level?

Will any defensive players get drafted as high as players like Bosa, Bosa, or Young. There have been spurts of brilliance by a few defensive players. But no consistent game dominance like the ones mentioned.

Giving up big plays is certainly frustrating, but every team does that. No team has the perfect defensive alignment for every offensive play. Ransom fell (again) and left a wide open receiver. A one-on-one slip like that can be the difference in the game, and it was.

I was reasonably happy with the offensive play calls during the game, especially t the end of the first half to go back on top. I don’t understand why the run play was called on that last drive. That was a Harbaugh moment, trying to get cute, and losing two yards. The foot stayed on the gas pretty good until then.

He doesn't crouch.

He doesn't launch.

He turns his body to lead with his shoulder and not the crown of his helmet.
He doesn't have to crouch or launch. He only has to forcibly strike the head and neck area. Without it being slowed way down, and the clip doesn't, it's hard to tell exactly where he was stuck. In the era of targeting, we have seen a shot like this called, and not called. It is almost silly to even argue about it, since it can go either way on every call. I mean, that one by the TCU player on the UM player, how was that not called? lol

He doesn't have to crouch or launch. He only has to forcibly strike the head and neck area. Without it being slowed way down, and the clip doesn't, it's hard to tell exactly where he was stuck. In the era of targeting, we have seen a shot like this called, and not called. It is almost silly to even argue about it, since it can go either way on every call. I mean, that one by the TCU player on the UM player, how was that not called? lol

No crown, no foul.

More specifically, Rule 9, Section 1, Articles 3 and 4 define targeting this way:

"Targeting and Making Forcible Contact With the Crown of the Helmet

ARTICLE 3. No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown of his helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul. ...

He is not a clown much better at developing QB's than Harbaugh, he does need a good DC, Knowles has been a complete failure so far.
I don’t care about his QB development. It doesn’t matter when he can’t recruit defense or hire a competent DC. Don’t give Hafley either, he was overrated and did well on the back of Chase Young

Duh. Because tsun made a stupid call on fourth and goal from the 2, had a touchdown reversed that would have been an incomplete pass if it was on the sideline (receiver didn’t control the ball until he was in the end zone (tsun fumbled on the next play)), and JJ threw two pick sixes.
TCU didn’t earn the title game as much as tsun gave it to them.
Lol sure because TCU didn't make any mistakes either. None of the four teams can come away saying they played their best ball on Saturday. Part of it was their own doing, with self-inflicted wounds. Part of it was their opponent causing problems on the opposing side of the ball.

The sentiment was TCU in their 3-3-5 stack wouldn't be able to stop the Michigan run game. They did a pretty damn good job. The two pick 6s, while not the best throws were very good plays by the defensive players of TCU. TCU is a pretty damn good football team. They've proven they can win a number of different ways.

So if it's not targeting, why not unnecessary roughness?
Wasn't a deadball foul, he was attempting to break up the pass. They got rid of the 15-yard penalty regardless if targeting was upheld or not at least one season, if not two seasons ago.

Why wasn't illegal touching called on Harrison? He went out of bounds and was the first to touch the ball after coming back in. Referee's hat was off indicating the player had gone out of bounds.

Wasn't a deadball foul, he was attempting to break up the pass. They got rid of the 15-yard penalty regardless if targeting was upheld or not at least one season, if not two seasons ago.

Why wasn't illegal touching called on Harrison? He went out of bounds and was the first to touch the ball after coming back in. Referee's hat was off indicating the player had gone out of bounds.
It was for sure illegal touching, They just didn't see it is my guess.

No crown, no foul.

More specifically, Rule 9, Section 1, Articles 3 and 4 define targeting this way:

"Targeting and Making Forcible Contact With the Crown of the Helmet

ARTICLE 3. No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown of his helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul. ...
Wrong,.

Players are also prohibited from targeting and marking forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless player with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. The rulebook says: “When in question, a player is defenseless.” And in this case, there needs to be at least one indicator of targeting.

Lol sure because TCU didn't make any mistakes either. None of the four teams can come away saying they played their best ball on Saturday. Part of it was their own doing, with self-inflicted wounds. Part of it was their opponent causing problems on the opposing side of the ball.

The sentiment was TCU in their 3-3-5 stack wouldn't be able to stop the Michigan run game. They did a pretty damn good job. The two pick 6s, while not the best throws were very good plays by the defensive players of TCU. TCU is a pretty damn good football team. They've proven they can win a number of different ways.
Lol all you want.
When you’re fourth and goal from the two, at that time in the game, you take the points.
Calling a double reverse in that situation is probably the dumbest play call imaginable.
It eliminated points and fired up TCU.