#1 Georgia vs #4 Ohio State (Atlanta, GA)

In the 4th quarter with Harrison out and Ohio State blew a 14 point lead. The defense wasn't able to hold and the offense was too short handed to keep pace.
The problem was the defense in this game. Not the offense. Again, at no time did our receivers let us down, other than maybe when Harrison got stripped from behind.

The problem was the defense in this game. Not the offense. Again, at no time did our receivers let us down, other than maybe when Harrison got stripped from behind.
Agree. The defense caved. The only hope OSU had was to keep scoring. You tell me. After the three starting WR, what else did OSU have? Anyone to take the top off? With Harrison down, who was left to scare Georgia? Does OSU have depth at WR?

What questions weirdo? Seems to me you just keep throwing out weird what ifs 🤷🏿
My hopes are dashed. I hoped you would be smarter in a new year. But no, you are still the halfwit bag of air you have always been. Living in the Carolinas with the rest of the hillbillies really suits you. Sorry my opinions upset you so much. Chill out to the porch, kick the hound dog off your rocker and play your banjo.
1672604258406.png

My hopes are dashed. I hoped you would be smarter in a new year. But no, you are still the halfwit bag of air you have always been. Living in the Carolinas with the rest of the hillbillies really suits you. Sorry my opinions upset you so much. Chill out to the porch, kick the hound dog off your rocker and play your banjo.View attachment 37763
Cool post, doesn’t change the fact you’re weird 🤷🏿

Of course not. OSU had a month to prepare. They had to know that their only chance to win was through the air. Olave wasn't highly rated but he was a great college player. If wide receiver is the strength of the team, where was the depth? It concerns me that they never developed any other receivers this year to have a strong rotation.
I feel like as a position group they've received a fair amount of heat that I'm not sure is warranted. They played 90+% of the season without a 1st round pick in JSN. Two 1st round picks left after last season in Olave and Wilson (with a 3rd in Jameson Williams who transferred to Alabama for last year).

That's an enormous talent exodus. Outside of Fleming and swiss army knife (and former walk-on) Xavier Johnson, all of the guys that saw the field at WR were 1st and 2nd year players. Harrison established himself as a surefire 1st round talent. Not a guarantee, but I imagine some of the others will work out the issues they had at times with not getting open, struggling with perimeter blocking, etc., with the experience they gained. They should with how young they were.

I feel like as a position group they've received a fair amount of heat that I'm not sure is warranted. They played 90+% of the season without a 1st round pick in JSN. Two 1st round picks left after last season in Olave and Wilson (with a 3rd in Jameson Williams who transferred to Alabama for last year).

That's an enormous talent exodus. Outside of Fleming and swiss army knife (and former walk-on) Xavier Johnson, all of the guys that saw the field at WR were 1st and 2nd year players.
All true. I am curious about the overall development of this group. I wouldn't be surprised to see some wr hit the portal. There is another highly touted group coming in this year. I think OSU shouldn't be rebuilding at this position. They should have the talent to reload.

All true. I am curious about the overall development of this group. I wouldn't be surprised to see some wr hit the portal. There is another highly touted group coming in this year. I think OSU shouldn't be rebuilding at this position. They should have the talent to reload.
I don't think it's realistic to basically replace three 1st rounders (counting JSN) and to not miss a beat. They reloaded one of those spots with Marv, and Egbuka while not to that level this year was mostly very solid.

Agree. The defense caved. The only hope OSU had was to keep scoring. You tell me. After the three starting WR, what else did OSU have? Anyone to take the top off? With Harrison down, who was left to scare Georgia? Does OSU have depth at WR?
Yes. Osu has great depth at WR. On offense you could argue that the only thing that kept us from scoring was the play selection. More specifically running when we should have been passing. And once more, at no point in time did our receivers let us down. I guess if you think anything less than having 2 Marvin Harrison’s, is failure then we failed. Additionally I doubt any team has recruited better than us at WR over the last 5 years. You really are barking up the wrong tree here.

Smart called the TO when he was approx. 10 yrds, from the official and then runs up to him because he had not got his attention, to acknowledge the call.

The replay clearly shows that he DIDN'T acknowledge the request till AFTER the play had started!
Irrelevant.

Textbook targeting. Lowered his head just before contact:

1672609085300.png

Helmet to helmet on a defenseless receiver:
1672609144661.png

Either the timeout was late or this was targeting. You can't possibly argue that the still images prove the coach called a timeout before the fake punt and still argue this wasn't targeting.

My solution, just get rid of targeting. The inept replay official overturned a textbook targeting. No reason to have this rule anymore. Who cares about player safety when they OVERTURN this correct call. Shameful.

I do not advocate a return to the Woody Hayes era of three yards and a cloud of dust, but even after recognizing the problem and making it a priority, the Buckeyes still cannot run the ball when they need to.

View attachment 37766

View attachment 37767

Either the timeout was late or this was targeting. You can't possibly argue that the still images prove the coach called a timeout before the fake punt and still argue this wasn't targeting.

My solution, just get rid of targeting. The inept replay official overturned a textbook targeting. No reason to have this rule anymore. Who cares about player safety when they OVERTURN this correct call. Shameful.
At Christmas dinner, did you eat at the big table with the adults or the small table with the children?

At Christmas dinner, did you eat at the big table with the adults or the small table with the children?
Weird response.

Not sure what parts you agree with and what parts you don't. At least I gave clear evidence that the targeting occurred but I can't make anyone look at it objectively. Interestingly, the officials on the field agreed with me. It was some unknown faceless person that changed the call.

Textbook targeting! Just like the Michigan game.

The perfect statement for a horrible, ignorant fan of a mediocre team.
The BIG TEN was a touchdown and a field goal away from making it an all BIG TEN final.
Your ignorance doesn’t erase that fact.
Even Kirby Smart stated TOSU should have probably won that game.
Two things can be true. The B1G can be a bad conference overall this year, but they can still have two of the top 4-5 teams in the country. The rest of the conference was really bad.

People are ragging on the Big 12 being an awful conference due to their bowl record, but then how did TCU make the CFP title Game?

Yes. Osu has great depth at WR. On offense you could argue that the only thing that kept us from scoring was the play selection. More specifically running when we should have been passing. And once more, at no point in time did our receivers let us down. I guess if you think anything less than having 2 Marvin Harrison’s, is failure then we failed. Additionally I doubt any team has recruited better than us at WR over the last 5 years. You really are barking up the wrong tree here.
Day builds his team from the outside in, UGA inside out. In other words, Day wants the flashy receivers and top notch QB where UGA builds it team on oline and defense. I think QB is very important, but Stetson Bennett will be lucky if he makes a NFL roster next season. I could give a d*** about these prima donna receivers.

View attachment 37766

View attachment 37767

So the targeting rules has two aspects to it:
1. Leading with the crown of the helmet
2. Forcible contact to the head or next area

He didn't lead with the crown of the helmet. You can see in frame 2, his head is turning to the left. There's an argument to be made that there was forcible contact high, but the initial contact is shoulder to shoulder. It looked much worse live than it did after slowing it down and seeing the different angles.

I agree the rule needs to be changed overall though. I hate the ejection aspect of the rule. It should be like the Flagrant foul rule in basketball. Flagrant 1 is a 15-yard personal foul, two of those and you're ejected. Flagrant 2 would be an automatic ejection. 99% of targeting calls would fall under the Flagrant 1 category.

Day builds his team from the outside in, UGA inside out. In other words, Day wants the flashy receivers and top notch QB where UGA builds it team on oline and defense. I think QB is very important, but Stetson Bennett will be lucky if he makes a NFL roster next season. I could give a d*** about these prima donna receivers.
one thing that maybe wrong concerning your thinking is that, there are a TON of big dudes that get to the ball ( D Tackles) going to HS's down south.. while the bucks get their fair share of the top EDGE DEF players, they don't get the Gap players like the Alabama's and Georgia has gotten in the past 10 or so years....

I thought the Buckeyes had a solid 3rd quarter playing D, but give the Dawgs some credit, they do what they do VERY good

My hopes are dashed. I hoped you would be smarter in a new year. But no, you are still the halfwit bag of air you have always been. Living in the Carolinas with the rest of the hillbillies really suits you. Sorry my opinions upset you so much. Chill out to the porch, kick the hound dog off your rocker and play your banjo.View attachment 37763
uncle Joe as a child actor....

You can edit pics to show whatever you want. Live it was clear the play was already started by the time of the whistle.
espn showed it ONCE... and thats what I saw...... don't give a crap if the coach is running down the sideline saying timeout, making the T with his hands, until the REF does the timeout signal.. the play is going to go!!! any refs out there that can clarify this?

Reactions: y2h