#1 Georgia vs #3 TCU

Again Texas was ranked. And Kansas State was ranked and also won the Big 12.
Big 12 teams that couldn't beat anyone good out of conference. The worst power five conference this year. The whole league did not have one win over a good out of conference opponent. That is weak.

How much was the weather a factor for Ohio State and Stroud? Cold/bad weather against Michigan and he struggled. Climate control and he may be the best in college football.

When we get away from the vacation bowl system and get back to real football with teams hosting games, it will be interesting to see if the power dynamics return to the North. There is a reason why USC hosts Notre Dame in November and Notre Dame hosts USC in October. Fear of the cold is a real thing for the warm-weather schools.
Georgia tends to play down to average teams

. The Big 12 championship with a 10-4 record.:ROFLMAO: They wouldn't win any of the other power five championships. They probably wouldn't even qualify to play in any of them.
Purdue finished 8-6 including a 63-7 stomping by LSU and made the Big Ten championship game. K-State was way better than Purdue.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Big 12 teams that couldn't beat anyone good out of conference. The worst power five conference this year. The whole league did not have one win over a good out of conference opponent. That is weak.
Yet their cellar dweller, Iowa State, beat Iowa, and mediocre Oklahoma humiliated Nebraska in Lincoln, 49-14. Plus Texas only lost to Bama by a point.

Purdue finished 8-6 including a 63-7 stomping by LSU and made the Big Ten championship game. K-State was way better than Purdue.

Yet their cellar dweller, Iowa State, beat Iowa, and mediocre Oklahoma humiliated Nebraska in Lincoln, 49-14. Plus Texas only lost to Bama by a point.

I said the Big 10 was a mediocre league after the big 3. The whole big 12 league was mediocre from top to bottom. Thanks for making my point(y)

Other than Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State the Big was a mediocre league.
Bingo, but there are 11 other members of the B1G. Those 11 members stunk.
The Big 12 from top to bottom was mediocre.
Yet they qualified a team for the Playoff, one that wasn't their Conference Champ, who also won a Playoff Game and made the CFP Championship Game.
College football overall was mediocre compared to past years. So many teams with 6-6 records in bowl games. That is mediocrity.
That's fair. But that doesn't mean the Big 12 top to bottom was mediocre.
That is mediocrity. The Big 12 championship with a 10-4 record.:ROFLMAO: They wouldn't win any of the other power five championships. They probably wouldn't even qualify to play in any of them.
Didnt 8-4 Purdue represent the B1G West in their Championship Game? :ROFLMAO:

You seem to be completely forgetting about the ACC. You also seem to forget that TCU, who didn't win their conference title game BEAT Michigan, who won the B1G regular season and title game.

I don't want to generalize too much, but there's a good chunk of Ohio State fans in here arguing the following:
Michigan beats Ohio State by 20 - Fluke
TCU beats Michigan in CFP - Fluke
Kansas St beats TCU in OT - TCU isn't good, despite being 12-0 prior to
Georgia crushed TCU - indictment of the Big 12 not being any good
Ohio State loses to Georgia by 1 - "we're the 2nd best team in the country"
Oklahoma State beat Wisconsin - B1G is better than the Big 12
Penn State beat Utah in Rose Bowl - B1G is better than the Pac 12

So essentially, it's a fluke when they lose, unless it's really, really close. But when they win, regardless of who or when, it showcases how good the conference is. Got it.

At least when this whole thing goes to 12 we'll know a lot more since it'll be settled on the field.

Once UGA rid the rust, they ended up blitzkrieging the Buckeyes as well
Rid the rust? The Buckeyes played a walk on WR as their primary RB. Carter was a non-entity in the game thanks to the Buckeyes o-line. Ringo looked like he never played corner in his life. If Day calls the last two series better, or even just one of them, UGA is sitting home in Athens this past Monday night. I saw two great football teams go at it and one of them won the game by one point.

At least when this whole thing goes to 12 we'll know a lot more since it'll be settled on the field
Ok.
Still doesn't change the fact that the Big 12 in the regular season didn't have one quality win against a decent out of conference opponent. The whole league. TCU backed into the playoffs with wins over a schedule of powder puff opponents and even lost to one of them. Kansas State would not win any of the other power 5 championship games or the American Athletic Conference seeing as they lost to Tulane. Michigan played and won their super bowl by beating OSU. They had a cake walk championship game against an 8-5 Purdue. Michigan figured they won the booby prize getting TCU. The one team the other 3 wanted to play. Yes Michigan took them lightly and fell behind early. They still almost came back to win that game. Alabama and Georgia proved how weak the Big 12 was this year. They beat the two "flagship" Big 12 teams without breaking a sweat.

Michigan figured they won the booby prize getting TCU. The one team the other 3 wanted to play. Yes Michigan took them lightly
Bobbo officially loses this pissing contest by claiming Michigan took a playoff game lightly. What an absurd statement to make.

Bobbo officially loses this pissing contest by claiming Michigan took a playoff game lightly. What an absurd statement to make.

PU Champion adds nothing again. Jim Harbaugh
1673714862276.png
Enough said.

Still doesn't change the fact that the B1G in the regular season didn't have one quality win against a decent out of conference opponent. The whole league. Ohio State backed into the playoffs with wins over a schedule of powder puff opponents and even lost to one of them.
FYP.
Michigan played and won their super bowl by beating OSU. They had a cake walk championship game against an 8-5 Purdue. Michigan figured they won the booby prize getting TCU. The one team the other 3 wanted to play. Yes Michigan took them lightly and fell behind early. They still almost came back to win that game.
There's the fluke argument again. Michigan won because it was their Super Bowl, then took TCU lightly which is the only reason the Frogs won.
Alabama and Georgia proved how weak the Big 12 was this year. They beat the two "flagship" Big 12 teams without breaking a sweat.
The SEC, specifically Alabama and more recently Georgia have humbled other conferences before, including the B1G and Ohio State. I stand by the comment that the B1G was only slightly better than the Big 12 this year.

Other than Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State the Big was a mediocre league. The Big 12 from top to bottom was mediocre. College football overall was mediocre compared to past years. So many teams with 6-6 records in bowl games. That is mediocrity. The Big 12 championship with a 10-4 record.:ROFLMAO: They wouldn't win any of the other power five championships. They probably wouldn't even qualify to play in any of them.
I wouldn't even say mediocre for the rest of the big ten. It was bad. The Big 12 was mediocre to good, Pac 12 the same. I just cannot for the life of me understand how people can keep saying the big ten is compettive. It's ok Buckeye fans, we know you CAN play at a national level, year in and year out. You just don't get any compeition all season other than Michigan, which you've now lost two twice. The Big ten is a bad football league, period.

I wouldn't even say mediocre for the rest of the big ten. It was bad. The Big 12 was mediocre to good, Pac 12 the same. I just cannot for the life of me understand how people can keep saying the big ten is compettive. It's ok Buckeye fans, we know you CAN play at a national level, year in and year out. You just don't get any compeition all season other than Michigan, which you've now lost two twice. The Big ten is a bad football league, period.
The Big 12 is weak top to bottom. Kansas State is their league champion? That is a mediocre champion of a mediocre league.

Yet the B1G Champ lost to the Big 12 Runner-up. Right, sorry I forgot that was a fluke.
What he said. I knew going into that TCU/ Michigan game it was going to be a good one. Michigan had skated by alot of the big ten season with marginal efforts. It's a good team, but not a great team. They had a great day in Columbus and yes, they pounded the Buckeyes, but that's because Ohio State was equally as up and down. MY MAIN POINT has always been if Ohio State or Michigan was in the SEC, they'd have 2-3 losses each year and not get whiff of the playoffs ( Kind of like what happened to Alabama this season). So the one positive from the expanded playoffs is we'll stop this notion of teams who are undefeated but play in weak conferences get to the final four or the finals. You may see a final four of 3 or 4 SEC teams.

Glad you finally realize that(y) Michigan's qb said as much. All three of the other national finalists wanted to play TCU.
Michigan just isn’t that great … that’s the reality of the situation. I know you’re salty that Ohio State got punked at home by a good-not-great Michigan team, but it’s time for you to take your medicine and get over it.

Michigan just isn’t that great … that’s the reality of the situation. I know you’re salty that Ohio State got punked at home by a good-not-great Michigan team, but it’s time for you to take your medicine and get over it.

I said that 2022 was a mediocre year for college football. If OSU could have stayed healthy they would have won the Natty. OSU and Georgia were clearly the cream of the crop. Despite missing so many of their best players, OSU still could have won the Natty.

I said that 2022 was a mediocre year for college football. If OSU could have stayed healthy they would have won the Natty. OSU and Georgia were clearly the cream of the crop. Despite missing so many of their best players, OSU still could have won the Natty.
Yep, no one else had injuries.... :LOL: Buckeyes played their best game of the season vs. Georgia, Georgia made some mistakes and the Bulldogs still won. At some point Buckeye fans have to face reality.

Yep, no one else had injuries....
not to the degree OSU had them.
Buckeyes played their best game of the season vs. Georgia,
Without their top receiver. Without their two top running backs. Without their best tight end. The Bucks lost RB Evan Pryor, LB Mitchell Melton and S Kourt Williams before season even started. And still had a chance to beat Georgia.

not to the degree OSU had them.

Without their top receiver. Without their two top running backs. Without their best tight end. The Bucks lost RB Evan Pryor, LB Mitchell Melton and S Kourt Williams before season even started. And still had a chance to beat Georgia.
I always laugh at these. Ohio State replaces 5 stars with 5 stars and an occasional 4 star. Ohio State's 5th string running back would start for most of the other big ten teams.

I always laugh at these. Ohio State replaces 5 stars with 5 stars and an occasional 4 star. Ohio State's 5th string running back would start for most of the other big ten teams.
They had a walk on WR get the bulk of the carries at TB and he did well. Doesn’t say much about UGA’s dominant D.

They had a walk on WR get the bulk of the carries at TB and he did well. Doesn’t say much about UGA’s dominant D.
I'm sure Georgia was geared up to stop the passing game. That's why it was so big when Harrison went down.