#1 Georgia vs #3 TCU

If Ohio State had taken care of Michigan instead of getting the Michigan flag planted on that O, perhaps we could have had a much more competitive national championship game last night.

The committee is also to blame. Ohio State would’ve been the two seed in that scenario. Then Alabama should’ve been 3 and Utah or TCU the 4. Georgia obviously would’ve won the semi in dominant fashion, Alabama would’ve taken out Ohio State in a good game, and we would’ve gotten to watch UGA vs. Bama last night.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Also, I love how Georgia continues to run their base offense and defense with back ups in the game. Something Ryan Day never does and does not prep his backups well at all. Feel really bad for McCord. Another reason why Ryan is no good
Why feel bad for McCord, Day is a very good QB coach, NIL may change recruiting, but Day has no problem attracting top QB talent to OSU. Plus again OSU will have top notch receivers, all about rebuilding the O - line and of course fixing that defense.

If Ohio State had taken care of Michigan instead of getting the Michigan flag planted on that O, perhaps we could have had a much more competitive national championship game last night.

The committee is also to blame. Ohio State would’ve been the two seed in that scenario. Then Alabama should’ve been 3 and Utah or TCU the 4. Georgia obviously would’ve won the semi in dominant fashion, Alabama would’ve taken out Ohio State in a good game, and we would’ve gotten to watch UGA vs. Bama last night.

If Bama had taken care of Tennessee or LSU, and had wins as good as OSU’s wins over ND and Penn State, maybe they would’ve made the playoffs…but they didn’t.

And it’s not my fault the committee, and you, kept telling us all year the Big 12 was so great when my eye test was telling me it stunk.

Going into the postseason I had the best four teams (alphabetically) as Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Tennessee. Nothing in the bowl season changed my mind.

Your Power 5 winners next year will be:

ACC - Florida State
B1G - Ohio State
Big 12 - Texas
PAC 12 - Washington
SEC - Georgia

Your playoff teams will be Florida State, Ohio State, Washington, Georgia.

No, TTUN could not stop em and OSU defense was not as good as TTUN. OSU would have likely def. TCU but it would have been a high scoring game.
Nah. We learned a lot vs UM. No way we would have been as dumb vs TCU. If you can’t throw, and TCU can’t, it’s tough to keep up with OSU.

No JSN, Henderson, Williams and Pryor, then lose Stover and Harrison. Still took the defending National Champions down to the wire. What is there to be ashamed of? Just OSU getting snake bit again.
THANK YOU! The amount of injuries we suffered is absurd this season, Ryan Day did a hell of a job but ya gotta stay healthy

Of course they did. That wasn’t the 2nd best team.
Well they weren't ranked 2nd, they were ranked 3rd. But no, they didn't get it wrong. If Georgia and TCU play ten times, Georgia likely wins all 10 times, but the outcomes wouldn't be nearly as lopsided the majority of the time.

Georgia played average against OSU, outside their crazy comeback in the 4th Qtr. They played about as well as they could last night. And TCU aided them with three 1st half turnovers. TCU played about as poorly as one could. The lopsided score doesn't mean the committee got it wrong, in fact I'd say their win over Michigan in the Semifinals validated their inclusion and ranking.

in fact I'd say their win over Michigan in the Semifinals validated their inclusion and ranking.
How good was Michigan? I think their weak schedule came back to bite them in the end. Ohio State had their chances to put them away in the first half. Ohio State shot themselves in the foot over and over again. OSU still rushed for over 130 yards with a patchwork backfield. What would they have done with a healthy Henderson and Williams? Ohio State's schedule didn't have them prepared for that game. OSU adjusted and prepared for the Semi-finals better than Michigan did. TCU played a weaker schedule than OSU or Michigan. I would take OSU, Michigan and Penn State to go undefeated against TCU's schedule. Alabama destroyed Kansas State in their bowl game. The same Kansas State that took TCU to overtime in their conference championship game. You think Alabama would have had a problem with TCU?

Believe it or not UM's 2023 schedule is even easier than 2022. No Power 5 OOC games and the only tough B1G roadie is at Penn State.

How good was Michigan? Ohio State's schedule didn't have them prepared for that game.

I seem to recall some really smart poster on here emphasizing that point before that game even took place.

TCU played a weaker schedule than OSU or Michigan.
This is patently false. TCU didn’t have the luxury of virtual byes on their schedule like Rutgers, Northwestern and Indiana. Michigan’s non-conference schedule was also laughably poor.

Your Power 5 winners next year will be:

ACC - Florida State
B1G - Ohio State
Big 12 - Texas
PAC 12 - Washington
SEC - Georgia

Your playoff teams will be Florida State, Ohio State, Washington, Georgia.
I’ve got USC winning the Pac 12 title, and I think Penn State will beat Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game.

I agree about Florida State and Texas. I’m undecided on the SEC.

I’ve got Notre Dame, USC and two SEC teams between UGA, Bama and Tennessee in the playoff.

I’ve got USC winning the Pac 12 title, and I think Penn State will beat Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game.

I agree about Florida State and Texas. I’m undecided on the SEC.

I’ve got Notre Dame, USC and two SEC teams between UGA, Bama and Tennessee in the playoff.

Not going to happen. Buckeyes are going to roll through the B1G, so you better find a place for them.

And I really like Washington with the best QB in the PAC 12. My only concern is the league tends to cannibalize itself. The Huskies will have to rise above that.

So in past years, we've generally got the 4 best teams in the playoffs, other than a few instances. Now even though TCU got trashed last night, we can't automatically say they didn't belong. They EARNED their way there through their play in the regular season. No I've been agains the 12 team playoff all along, I think if there needs to be expansion, 8 is more than plenty. But one good thing is we will take away some of this subjectiveness in figuring out who belongs. The biggest issue in football is what? Lack of common opponents so we really don't know how good conferences are. So an undefeated Michigan team may not be as good as a 2-3 loss SEC team, or visa versa. Now through history, the draft, recruiting classes we know the SEC has been the unquestioned best conference in college football and it's not even close.
TCU beat Michigan. So we can say this season that TCU could have won the Big Ten, and that's blasphemous in this area according to some.
Ohio State took Georgia to the brink, and just a few bounces they win that game. BUT, that was clearly Ohio State's best game of the season. We watched this team slug through the season and play up and down for the most part, but they found a way to win largely because the rest of the big ten other than Michigan was really bad.

Believe it or not UM's 2023 schedule is even easier than 2022. No Power 5 OOC games and the only tough B1G roadie is at Penn State.
I disagree a little bit. Michigan had a one-game schedule this year and Ohio State choked that game away like a couch potato trying to swallow an entire cheese coney.

Next year they have to go to Penn State (rowdier atmosphere than Ohio Stadium), they’re at rival Michigan State, and we’ll have to see how Rhule has Nebraska doing by the time Michigan goes to Lincoln. I think they’ll get their third consecutive win over Ryan Day, though.

So in past years, we've generally got the 4 best teams in the playoffs, other than a few instances. Now even though TCU got trashed last night, we can't automatically say they didn't belong. They EARNED their way there through their play in the regular season. No I've been agains the 12 team playoff all along, I think if there needs to be expansion, 8 is more than plenty. But one good thing is we will take away some of this subjectiveness in figuring out who belongs. The biggest issue in football is what? Lack of common opponents so we really don't know how good conferences are. So an undefeated Michigan team may not be as good as a 2-3 loss SEC team, or visa versa. Now through history, the draft, recruiting classes we know the SEC has been the unquestioned best conference in college football and it's not even close.
TCU beat Michigan. So we can say this season that TCU could have won the Big Ten, and that's blasphemous in this area according to some.
Ohio State took Georgia to the brink, and just a few bounces they win that game. BUT, that was clearly Ohio State's best game of the season. We watched this team slug through the season and play up and down for the most part, but they found a way to win largely because the rest of the big ten other than Michigan was really bad.
Yeah, following your logic I guess Ohio State or Michigan could have won the SEC.

Here’s how it went. AEW is right. The Buckeyes gagged against Michigan. I was never a believer in Michigan the entire season, so it was especially galling to watch the Buckeyes lose to that hot garbage. But they did, so UM earned their way into the playoffs. TCU, though? As soon as they lost to KSU, after a year of squeezing out wins in a mediocre league, they should have dropped out in favor of Bama. That TCU vs Michigan game looked and felt JV compared to UGA vs OSU, which looked and felt like a heavyweight bout.

Yeah, following your logic I guess Ohio State or Michigan could have won the SEC.

Here’s how it went. AEW is right. The Buckeyes gagged against Michigan. I was never a believer in Michigan the entire season, so it was especially galling to watch the Buckeyes lose to that hot garbage. But they did, so UM earned their way into the playoffs. TCU, though? As soon as they lost to KSU, after a year of squeezing out wins in a mediocre league, they should have dropped out in favor of Bama. That TCU vs Michigan game looked and felt JV compared to UGA vs OSU, which looked and felt like a heavyweight bout.
No, no no....you can't go there. Ohio State lost, and lost BAD at home to Michigan. Michigan represents the big ten and lost to a Big 12 team. There is no doubt in my mind TCU would be near the top of the Big 10. This thought that the big ten is better than the Big 12 or even Pac10 and ACC is false. There are two teams who are good in the league. That's it.
I've said for years Ohio State and Michigan get a pass playing in the big ten. If they played in the SEC, they'd lose 2-3 games a year and be in the top 10-15. There are just too many better programs in the SEC where the week to week grind is real. Ohio State can play crappy and sleepwalk through Northwestern, Nebraska, Rutgers, etc. So we get to the end of the season and we simply don't know how good they are.

Now to the Buckeyes credit, they played a whale of a game vs. Georgia last week, best game of their season by FAR. Georgia admitted they did not play very well vs. Ohio State. So in a one and done sport like football that can happen. But hey, as it turns out Georgia pulls it out and have been the best program two years running.

No, no no....you can't go there. Ohio State lost, and lost BAD at home to Michigan. Michigan represents the big ten and lost to a Big 12 team. There is no doubt in my mind TCU would be near the top of the Big 10. This thought that the big ten is better than the Big 12 or even Pac10 and ACC is false. There are two teams who are good in the league. That's it.
I've said for years Ohio State and Michigan get a pass playing in the big ten. If they played in the SEC, they'd lose 2-3 games a year and be in the top 10-15. There are just too many better programs in the SEC where the week to week grind is real. Ohio State can play crappy and sleepwalk through Northwestern, Nebraska, Rutgers, etc. So we get to the end of the season and we simply don't know how good they are.

Now to the Buckeyes credit, they played a whale of a game vs. Georgia last week, best game of their season by FAR. Georgia admitted they did not play very well vs. Ohio State. So in a one and done sport like football that can happen. But hey, as it turns out Georgia pulls it out and have been the best program two years running.
Do you think Georgia didn’t play well vs Ohio State because they finally met some equal talent? Just maybe?

Don’t go there with the B1G isn’t as good as any league outside of the SEC. Other than Purdue, the B1G had a good bowl season…including the third best team beating the PAC 12 champ.

Do you think Georgia didn’t play well vs Ohio State because they finally met some equal talent? Just maybe?

Don’t go there with the B1G isn’t as good as any league outside of the SEC. Other than Purdue, the B1G had a good bowl season…including the third best team beating the PAC 12 champ.
Yes, that did have something to do with it because Ohio State DOES have elite talent, they are the only big ten school that even compares with the SEC. Let's just say the Buckeys are the big fish in the small Big ten pond, while Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Tennessee are big fish that play in the bigger SEC pond. BIG difference IMO.
Bowl season is useless with the transfer portal and guys sitting due to draft status. You just can't make comparisons.

Why feel bad for McCord, Day is a very good QB coach, NIL may change recruiting, but Day has no problem attracting top QB talent to OSU. Plus again OSU will have top notch receivers, all about rebuilding the O - line and of course fixing that defense.
Because he was given little to no chance to groom his game during regular season games this last season. He’s still relatively an unknown when he should have a lot more game reps and throws to see what he can do

Yes, that did have something to do with it because Ohio State DOES have elite talent, they are the only big ten school that even compares with the SEC. Let's just say the Buckeys are the big fish in the small Big ten pond, while Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Tennessee are big fish that play in the bigger SEC pond. BIG difference IMO.
Bowl season is useless with the transfer portal and guys sitting due to draft status. You just can't make comparisons.
I don’t think anyone is arguing the B1G is better than the SEC, or that Ohio State is currently the only B1G school that’s a threat to the top SEC schools, but to argue the B1G is behind all the other Power 5 leagues is ridiculous. The other leagues tend to rise and fall in a given year behind the SEC, but the B1G is never on the bottom.

I don’t think anyone is arguing the B1G is better than the SEC, or that Ohio State is currently the only B1G school that’s a threat to the top SEC schools, but to argue the B1G is behind all the other Power 5 leagues is ridiculous. The other leagues tend to rise and fall in a given year behind the SEC, but the B1G is never on the bottom.
Big ten is the second best league. Hopefully with 12 teams, OSU plays better competition

Big ten is the second best league. Hopefully with 12 teams, OSU plays better competition
They certainly weren’t the second-best league on the football field this season. Any thought of the Big Ten being #2 in 2022 is looney tunes.

I seem to recall some really smart poster on here emphasizing that point before that game even took place.

This is patently false. TCU didn’t have the luxury of virtual byes on their schedule like Rutgers, Northwestern and Indiana. Michigan’s non-conference schedule was also laughably poor.

And I said OSU, Michigan and Penn State could have ran the table with TCU's schedule. The Big 12 had the worst record among power 5 conferences in the bowl games. If Michigan and TCU played again I would take Michigan. Michigan almost won that game. TCU entire schedule would have been a bye for OSU.

I think most of the midwest feels this way. Now I want to add to this that Fox carries the big ten games, so anything you get from Joel Klatt, Fox Sports, Colin Cowherd, etc. it's slanted to the big ten.

And I said OSU, Michigan and Penn State could have ran the table with TCU's schedule. The Big 12 had the worst record among power 5 conferences in the bowl games. If Michigan and TCU played again I would take Michigan. Michigan almost won that game. TCU entire schedule would have been a bye for OSU.
Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State played worse schedules than TCU!! There used to be a couple of schools who could at least hold their own with Ohio State in Wisconsin and Michigan State, but they were even dogs this year.

They certainly weren’t the second-best league on the football field this season. Any thought of the Big Ten being #2 in 2022 is looney tunes.

Curious to hear which league other than the SEC is better than the Big Ten?

And don't say Big 12, because TCU, while they had a nice season, finishes fourth in the Big Ten East. They could have won the Big Ten West this year.

Also don;t say the PAC 12, because as I posted months ago, Penn State would win the Pac 12, as shown in their bowl demolition job.

So please tell us. Is it the MAC?

Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State played worse schedules than TCU!! There used to be a couple of schools who could at least hold their own with Ohio State in Wisconsin and Michigan State, but they were even dogs this year.
Who did TCU play that was truly good? Texas and Oklahoma aren't anywhere close to what they use to be. Who did TCU play out of conference?
Kansas State took TCU to overtime and should have won. Kansas State then got boat raced by Alabama. TCU struggled with most of their schedule. The big 12 would be a perfect fit for the big 10 west this year.