#1 Georgia vs #3 TCU

After TCU wins the National Title, billboards around Columbus again

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-784378817-1294433901.jpg

13.5 feels like a lot when they can score and UGA sucks against the pass.
I love Dugan, but he is a terrible passer more often than not. And I think yesterday's game was closer than it needed to be because they were not running him enough. Dude can really hurt you with his legs.

Regardless of how people feel after last night, the National Championship is on January 8th. I’m going with the Dawgs bc of the aforementioned reasoning that Duggins is a much better runner than passer. That said, UGA was gashed all night long last night and should’ve lost, I hope it’s another classic or an early blow out so I don’t stay up all night for nothing. Happy New Year folks.

The National Title was played last night at 8PM ET.

Maybe that's what Georgia will think also.

All week long, TCU was confident while Michigan at times seemed overconfident. Michigan linebacker Junior Colson needed confirmation of TCU's conference affiliation.
“All week, we heard about Big Ten football and how they were going to line up and run all over us. They made some plays, but we stopped the run,” Dykes said. https://www.si.com/college/2023/01/...vation-behind-teams-play-in-upset-of-michigan

Didn't they also open as 9.5 point dogs to Michigan? So they should have played yesterday because they were a larger dog than Ohio State?
They should of played UGA, OSU was only a 6 point dog, and TCU lost its last game, but for some reason did not drop in the rankings.

They should of played UGA, OSU was only a 6 point dog, and TCU lost its last game, but for some reason did not drop in the rankings.
No they shouldn't have. They didn't drop in the rankings because the teams behind them also lost and/or didn't play that week.

No they shouldn't have. They didn't drop in the rankings because the teams behind them also lost and/or didn't play that week.
Not playing doesn't prevent other teams from dropping. The best 2 teams played each other last night, that is how Vegas sees it, along with a lot of other people.

Not playing doesn't prevent other teams from dropping. The best 2 teams played each other last night, that is how Vegas sees it, along with a lot of other people.
Well the Playoff isn't run or organized based on Vegas lines or the general public.

Those weren't the only reasons TCU was ranked ahead of OSU at the end of the year, but we've already done that dance before.

The line about the two best teams playing each other last night is very much debatable. The two most talented teams of the four? Sure. I'll give you that one.

Georgia is nowhere near as good as that Miami team and TCU is nowhere as good as that Ohio State team.
Both Miami and Ohio State were stacked with NFL talent. I'm certain UGA is also stacked with NFL talent, but I doubt TCU is stacked similar to Ohio State in 2002. So it would seem to be a much bigger task for TCU in this game, than OSU in 2002.

Does anyone even care about this game? I don’t.

There’s no juice at all. They have to get the national title game off of Monday night and onto a Saturday night in the future. It always feels like an afterthought compared to the semifinal round.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

There’s no juice at all. They have to get the national title game off of Monday night and onto a Saturday night in the future. It always feels like an afterthought compared to the semifinal round.

So you aren't going to watch? I don't disagree, especially coming off Week 18 of NFL football yesterday with all the Playoff races on the line, but the NFL isn't going to pass on a Saturday night game and give it to college football.

Would a Thursday night game work better for them than a Monday night?

i would like to see TCU win put don't have any expectations of that happening. I won't lose any sleep over the game.