1/5 NFC: Minnesota Vikings vs New Orleans Saints (1:05pm)

Who wins: Minnesota Vikings vs New Orleans Saints

• Minnesota Vikings

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
Probably. That’s a bad match up for Minny. Nobody knows how Jimmy G will do in a playoff, though.
I think Jimmy G. is going to surprise people, and lead the 49ers to the Super Bowl. 49ers have a lot of speed for options

Jesus Christ what a game! I almost lost my mind when Cook lost yardage on 2nd down. Then totally lost my mind when Kyle caught the TD ?

Stefanski will be rewarded for that ballsy call by probably getting a HC job this week. Since Shurmur is out of a job they should be able to bring him back as OC next year.

I'm expecting the Vikings defense to get crushed. The DBs have been awful all year and I don't expect that to change tomorrow unfortunately. 34-17 Saints
DBs actually played well until the final Saints drive when they gave up ten yards every play to avoid giving up a TD. Vikings D- line won them the game

Brees, and Brady both need to hang it up now
Why? Brees finished with 27 td 4 int and was a pro bowler. Still a top 5 QB. Brady finished with 24 td 8 int and 4000 yards while losing receivers left and right. They both were pretty meh in the playoffs but for the time being there’s no reason for either team to move on yet. With where they’re at in the draft they won’t draft someone that’ll go in and do better and they won’t find a fa that’s better.

Why? Brees finished with 27 td 4 int and was a pro bowler. Still a top 5 QB. Brady finished with 24 td 8 int and 4000 yards while losing receivers left and right. They both were pretty meh in the playoffs but for the time being there’s no reason for either team to move on yet. With where they’re at in the draft they won’t draft someone that’ll go in and do better and they won’t find a fa that’s better.
I just feel they are about done. Just getting too old. I thought Brees still might have something left, but this playoff game today, it shows he can't get the ball down field that well

It’s being overlooked by the Rudolph TD controversy, but, that was an absolutely beautiful pass by Cousins to Thielen.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s being overlooked by the Rudolph TD controversy, but, that was an absolutely beautiful pass by Cousins to Thielen.
That’s where Cousins beats Baker. Cousins will trust his receivers and let it fly for them to go get. Beckham and Landry are surely as good as Thielen and Diggs, but Baker won’t put it out for them to make plays.

I don’t really get why that play was controversial. Pretty standard on that lob into the end zone. Saint fans like to be the victim I guess.

I don’t really get why that play was controversial. Pretty standard on that lob into the end zone. Saint fans like to be the victim I guess.

agreed. that's routine coverage/hand-fighting that never gets called on either side.

Exciting finish. I was curious whether the Vikings would have kicked the FG from the 4 or if they would have gone for it on 4th down?

It is a situation that rarely comes up and even more important if a playoff game with the new rule for overtime.
FG.
Hold em and win.

I am glad they didn't overturn that last play. That is something that happens so often all season long and that shouldn't get reversed. Open that can of wax and I think it becomes unwatchable.

I love the response of the head of officiating:

“We looked at all of the angles that Fox afforded us, and Fox gave us some great views,” NFL head of officiating Al Riveron told a pool reporter after the game. “There is contact by both players, but none of that contact rises to the level of a foul. This is consistent with what we’ve done all year long, we left the ruling on the field. We let it stand.”

Translation- "we've effed it up all year, why change now."

I love the response of the head of officiating:

“We looked at all of the angles that Fox afforded us, and Fox gave us some great views,” NFL head of officiating Al Riveron told a pool reporter after the game. “There is contact by both players, but none of that contact rises to the level of a foul. This is consistent with what we’ve done all year long, we left the ruling on the field. We let it stand.”

Translation- "we've effed it up all year, why change now."
If the regular season was any indication, that was not going to get overturned.
Brees had a chance with 2 minutes to go to drive them down and win it,and only got them to a tie. It is those sort of games that keep him from being spoken in the same sentence with the top 1-3 of all time