1/19 NFC: Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers (6:40pm)

Who wins: Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers

• Green Bay Packers

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

It always amazes me when the sports media picks and chooses their heros and chumps. Aaron Rodgers has had a pretty mediocre season, compared to a lot of his seasons, and struggled yesterday with turnovers, yet the recurring theme will be that he doesn't have enough weapons???

It always amazes me when the sports media picks and chooses their heros and chumps. Aaron Rodgers has had a pretty mediocre season, compared to a lot of his seasons, and struggled yesterday with turnovers, yet the recurring theme will be that he doesn't have enough weapons???
Say what ? 4000 yds., 26 tds to 4 ints. yeah that might be mediocre for Rodgers but for most NFL QBs. that is a dream season.

SF is how to build a football team, good line both sides of the ball. QB is avg. to slightly above QB. could put anybody at rb. But NFL owners want that flashy object QB's and receiver's and that why most fail despite the NFL rewarding mediocracy.

Well it is true, he doesnt have many weapons....

This was like the worst 13-3 team ever....

SF is how to build a football team, good line both sides of the ball. QB is avg. to slightly above QB. could put anybody at rb. But NFL owners want that flashy object QB's and receiver's and that why most fail despite the NFL rewarding mediocracy.

I agree in principle, but I still think QB is the most important position. Look what happened to SF last yr when they didn’t have JG. KC isn’t anywhere close to the SB without Mahomes. Neither team has a “super star” WR but they have the 2 best TEs in the NFL.

I agree in principle, but I still think QB is the most important position. Look what happened to SF last yr when they didn’t have JG. KC isn’t anywhere close to the SB without Mahomes. Neither team has a “super star” WR but they have the 2 best TEs in the NFL.
Oh, QB is the most important single position there is absolutely no doubt about that.

Oh, QB is the most important single position there is absolutely no doubt about that.
You can certainly win SBs w/o a star QB, but the rest of your roster has to be loaded, especially on Defense and the OL. Washington in the late 80s/early 90s, ‘00 Ravens, ‘02 Bucs, ‘07 and ‘12 Giants, ‘15 Broncos (Manning was over the hill at that point).

I wonder what youll see if you look back at the SB winning QBs and how many are or will likely be HoFers.....

It is the most important because teams rely on their QB's so much. The 49er's don't. Who was even Tampa Bay's QB when they won the Super Bowl ?
Brad Johnson. However, Gruden was the Raiders coach the yr prior. The Bucs already had a stacked Defense and on top of that, they knew the Raiders playbook. There’s highlights of John Lynch calling out the Offense’s play pre snap.