007 is dead

Loved Sean Connery on SNL.
9f750fbf341721bd6947b66198c69f67.png

My absolutely favorite film starred Connery and Michael Caine,"The Man Who Would Be King." For some reasson, it's rarely shown on TV. If you get the chance, I would heartily recommend that you see it.
Id just put that on my bookmark last week for weekend watching.

Private Flanagan and The Hill were my favorites.

Last edited:
The Hill was definitely worth-watching. No glamorous Bond in that one. My first Bond viewing was in high school when for some reason they let everyone out early. A theater in down town Cleveland (doubt there are any more there) was showing a double feature of Dr. No. and the next one in the series. Something that always will be stuck in my mind will be Ursala Andress walking out of the ocean in that white bikini.

I was going to put this in my Just-for-fun thread...

10 funny 007 commercials...

Bond woman then and now (2019)
Reprise...

Bond Then and Now (2019)

The 007 cars...

:>---

EGA

2 other roles... Pre 007...

Hitchcock...

Disney...

Post Bond...

As King Richard (Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves)

EGA

Last edited:
I was brought up in a fairly strict Catholic household...no drinking, no smoking, no cussing, sex only after marriage, etc. My parents would not allow me to watch any James Bond movies. The movies were a bad influence. I was bummed.

RIP Sean Connery

Last edited:
I was brought up in a fairly strict Catholic household...no drinking, no smoking, no cussing, sex only after marriage, etc. My parents would not allow me to watch any James Bond movies. The movies were a bad influence. I was bummed.

RIP Sean Connery
Fairly strict? Did they tie your arms to the bed at night so you could not pleasure yourself?

RIP Sean Connery
I come from a Catholic family and I call BS. My family drank, smoked, cussed, and womanized. I don't know about you but we had something called confession. ;):D

BlackHawk said:

RIP Sean Connery
I come from a Catholic family and I call BS. My family drank, smoked, cussed, and womanized. I don't know about you but we had something called confession. ;):D

and now that you're grown, you don't drink, smoke, cuss or... well that's between you and Mrs. Buffalo. Besides,

I was raised Baptist and it's the etc-ering that gets you into the real trouble.

Most Catholics are drinkers (Catholic wedding receptions, anyone?), but my parents were heavily against drinking. Maybe my wording was off.

Most Catholics are drinkers (Catholic wedding receptions, anyone?), but my parents were heavily against drinking. Maybe my wording was off.
I just found a reason to knock my Catholic upbringing is all. If I learned one thing it was that confession absolves everything. lol

I just found a reason to knock my Catholic upbringing is all. If I learned one thing it was that confession absolves everything. lol
Questioning confession, with an old nun, got me in trouble in 8th grade. I sincerely asked, "If God knows everything, why do we have to tell a priest that we're sorry?" Her answer was, "Blasphemy! Sacrilege! You're a Beatle!" I didn't even know what the first two words meant, but I did know The Beatles sang about love and peace. That was truly an eye-opening moment in my life.

Watching The Rock.

Even though Connery doesn’t gave a big part in it, I’d still say the shower room scene is one of the most intense scenes on film.

Amazing how a thread about Sean Connery turned in to a discussion of growing up in Catholic households.

Last edited:
“You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That’s the Chicago way! And that’s how you get Capone.”

Robin and Marian (1976)

Connery as Robin Hood / Audrey Hepburn as Lady Marian Fitzwater
this film also featured Robert Shaw as the Sheriff of Nottingham

EGA