“Being trans has not affected my ability to do this sport and being able to continue is very rewarding.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not more than .00001 in college athletics. It is documented. The NCAA has identified roughly 30 individuals (both boys and girls) since 2010.
there is no valid documentation bozo. You'd also have to count females transitioning to males competing against females without the use of hormonal STEROIDS. Like the girl who won a state wrestling title against other girls but was "ROIDED" Up on testosterone. You have no clue what youre talking about you have no debate ....it's UNFAIR AND RIDCULOUS PERIOD ...The majority dos not have to be put at a disadvantage by the trans people who have ZERO COPING skills and need MENTAL HELP NOT A SURGEON. It's also the family ......the friends ...the coaches and the thousands of other girls being subject to the RIDICULOUS unfairness to pacify a community of less than 1% GTFOH! I'd tell everyone of them to GFT ...quit taking opportunities away unfairly from REAL WOMEN . Larry "Lia" Thomas got shredded ......and we the majority will shred anyone else that attempts this bulls!

there is no valid documentation bozo. You'd also have to count females transitioning to males competing against females without the use of hormonal STEROIDS. Like the girl who won a state wrestling title against other girls but was "ROIDED" Up on testosterone. You have no clue what youre talking about you have no debate ....it's UNFAIR AND RIDCULOUS PERIOD ...The majority dos not have to be put at a disadvantage by the trans people who have ZERO COPING skills and need MENTAL HELP NOT A SURGEON. It's also the family ......the friends ...the coaches and the thousands of other girls being subject to the RIDICULOUS unfairness to pacify a community of less than 1% GTFOH! I'd tell everyone of them to GFT ...quit taking opportunities away unfairly from REAL WOMEN . Larry "Lia" Thomas got shredded ......and we the majority will shred anyone else that attempts this bulls!
Hey bozo. The NCAA has year around testing that includes excessive levels of testosterone. Athletes of both genders try to cheat with performance enhancing drugs. That has nothing to do with TRANSGENDER participation in NCAA sports. When I was in college in the 80's, players were shooting up test right and left and we had never seen a transgender in our lives. You are conflating two things that have nothing to do with one another. The assertion that there are boys all over girls sports is ridiculous.

Violent little tantrum when debate doesn't go you way. If the animal preformed the act it's consensual dog. Let's get married dog. I love you.
Did you guys solve the massive CRT problem ruining the country? Seems it went from a code red to an afterthought in 24 hours.

My wife says I'm too nice to progressives. Perhaps (as usual) she's right! ;)
I believe in being nice, but the Kentucky in me doesn't allow me to tolerate foul-mouths spouting sophistry and inanities.

I love my left of center friends because they teach me things and help me think outside of my box. But some you are engaging with here have nothing like that to offer. Lol. You will find out who is worth your time and who isn't.

Violent little tantrum when debate doesn't go you way. If the animal preformed the act it's consensual dog. Let's get married dog. I love you.
Yeah, I just ignored that childish tripe, but this guy does occasionally give me an insight to something or has a legit point, so I sift for them.

This is not about the protection of feelings. You are just making that up.
Then why allow Lia Thomas to compete vs actual girls? They shouldn’t have to step aside to validate the identity of narcissistic sociopath. And I’m not saying all trans people are narcissistic sociopaths, but if you enjoy kicking the crap out of lesser competition to boost your ego, you’re not right in the head. A rational person should be able to look at the broader picture and realize it’s a f’d up thing to do.

Evolution relies on detailed and well-defined processes such as mutation, natural selection, etc. Intelligent design fails to offer descriptions of the design process or, more importantly, the designer. IMO, most proponents of ID can't even agree amongst themselves as to which biological phenomena were designed and which were not.

Anecdotally, these debates always seem to circle back to ID proponents simply working to poke holes in evolution. And correspondingly, these same folks can't seem to fill in the details to advance their theories.And if there is no way to scientifically test or make predictions from it for future research, I can't take it seriously.

Yes or no...

Does the theory of evolution even begin to explain the origin of life?

Please "fill-in" the details if you actually believe a biogenesis is possible.

Hey bozo. The NCAA has year around testing that includes excessive levels of testosterone. Athletes of both genders try to cheat with performance enhancing drugs. That has nothing to do with TRANSGENDER participation in NCAA sports. When I was in college in the 80's, players were shooting up test right and left and we had never seen a transgender in our lives. You are conflating two things that have nothing to do with one another. The assertion that there are boys all over girls sports is ridiculous.
Maybe you didnt hear what I said DumbA deflector......The female wrestler was transitioning to Male, it was KNOWN she had been on steroids which is the only reason she won fool. LOL Do I need to school you on Lia ...LARRY Thomas the u Penn. swimmer jag off? This cheating RIDCULOUS travesty to ALL the REAL women...and ALL THE REAL WOMEN WATCHING ...who dont want to waste their time only to lose to a man! It affects thousands ....and we will NOT TOLERATE IT!

Maybe you didnt hear what I said DumbA deflector......The female wrestler was transitioning to Male, it was KNOWN she had been on steroids which is the only reason she won fool. LOL Do I need to school you on Lia ...LARRY Thomas the u Penn. swimmer jag off? This cheating RIDCULOUS travesty to ALL the REAL women...and ALL THE REAL WOMEN WATCHING ...who dont want to waste their time only to lose to a man! It affects thousands ....and we will NOT TOLERATE IT!
Taking steroids is against OHSAA regulations unless medical prescribed by a doctor. I have no idea why a girl would take steroids to transition. If you are talking about testosterone, there are guidelines about the levels of test that can be present. In short, it can not be higher than the average boy. BTW, how do you know thats why she won? I have seen girls kick the crap out of boys on the wrestling mat multiple times. Finally, if you want to now include high school, the rate of occurrence is even less than .0001.

Parents are in charge of a minor’s medical decisions. Sometimes they make bad decisions like leaving their meth in the middle of the double wide for their kids to get.
And that parent would get hauled off to jail for child endangerment.

Nobody has ever disenfranchised me from making decisions on behalf of my kids. I would not allow that. You should do the same.
As they call parents who show an interest in their childrens education domestic terrorists...but no nobody is disenfranchising parents.

No it won't get materially worse. Once it becomes a statistical issue worth responding to, policy will be implemented to address it. The only reason you are concerned with it now is because it allows you to verbalize your hatred for people that you despise under fake cover.

Drug overdoses are a big problem. If Fentanyl was .00001 of all overdose deaths, there would not be a year long thread about it on Yappi.
You don't wait till it becomes an issue, you nip it before it does. If your furnace only kicks on every couple of days you go oh well wait till it completely dies then I'll do something about it. If your roof has a leak do you wait till the ceiling below it is ruined before you repair it?

Much harder to enforce policy once something becomes mainstream.

None of that has to do with being elite. Elite is a right wing political term that has no practical use in a discussion about diversity on college campuses. What you describe is people in authority having deep rooted opinions and prefer not to be challenged because they are weak. That is an individual decision and one the occurs in every organization or people. See Elon Musk.
Academia looks down on anyone who doesn't participate in academia...hard working blue collar Jill's and Joe's. If you have dirt on your hands at the end of the day you are beneath them, a rube.

That's the definition of elite.

That's fine. In fact, I don't recall a single instance of anyone in this thread advocating that biological men should be permitted to compete against biological women.

The problem is there is a sect of people here who have used this topic as a springboard to all of their transphobic thoughts and feelings (see the Pizza Hut meme a few pages back).

There are those of us too that see politicians making the topic a major component of their campaign messaging. As Prov pointed out, it is exceedlingly rare, so why are people driving this narrative that girls and women's sports are under attack.
It might be rare today. 5 years from now? 10? You kill it before it reaches critical mass.

And trusting the science is not transphobic. A man cannot genetically be a woman and vice versa.

It isn't cheating. It's a person who wants to feel comfortable in their own skin who also happens to want to compete and being allowed to do so.

The NCAA, its member conferences, and the various state athletics associations should adopt policies to ensure that any sex change procedures would not present a competitive advantage in order to allow such athletes to compete against their desired sex. OHSAA already has such a policy.
A man inherently has an advantage over women in athletic competition.

Enabling mental illness is not a noble endeavor. They want to feel comfortable in their own skin, go see a therapist not a surgeon.

Maybe they should attend an institution that better represents their cultural values? No large collection of humans that create a culture are ever going to be equally diverse. Colleges are no exception and given that college educated people tend to be more liberal thinking that these without that level of education, it is something to be cognizant of if that is a huge concern for you.
They are more liberal thinking because diversity of thought is discouraged. And it's not an accident.

I hate the Yankees. I think that MLB has helped them cheat for the last 50 years. Why do I care about them cheating? Just interested I guess.

I do not believe anyone changes sex just to cheat. But I believe that anyone that transitions from male to female and tries to play female sports is cheating.

There are alot of considerations that go into a person's choice to change sexes. One of those considerations should be that male to female transition will not give them access to female sports. Simple as that.
F the Yankees.

Totally false. Participation rates in colleges are up and in high school they consistently rose until 2021/22. In the last year, woman declined by 3.2M but mens declined by 25% more over the same period. Data does not lie. Girls have more opportunity and have much better participation than 20 years ago. making up .00001% of participants is a non issue. It will never be a material issue. It’s just a smokescreen.

It's not an issue to the girl losing a roster spot/scholarship? It's not an issue to the girl losing her opportunity at honest competition? It's not an issue to the distortion of the record book?

Sexual assault is exponentially more common among clergy and Cub Scout leaders than .

Further, your Virginia story was a heterosexual boy and his girlfriend who had been banging each other all over the school for a couple of weeks when they mutually agreed to meet in the bathroom to get it on. Look it up.

This is another example of this thread having nothing to do with girls sports but a general hatred for a class of people.
Or a general dislike for the dismantling of society through liberal falsehoods.

"Trust the science!" Until it's inconvenient to the liberal agenda.

There is not a hard rule. But .00001% of the time does not warrant a 5 alarm response. As I said earlier, performance enhancing drugs needed to be a statistically relevant impact before it was addressed. The wild gyrations and verosity of this thread is only because it enables a platform to spew about hoe much you hate the people that you hate.
And if they would've taken it seriously and nipped it much sooner the effect on competition would've been much smaller. You don't let something fester until it becomes a real problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.