‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ Release Date Announced in First Teaser

Yappi

Go Buckeyes

Netflix has finally confirmed the Breaking Bad movie release date — and it’s going to be here sooner than you think. It’s time to start re-binging the essential episodes, read all of the refreshers, and making sure you do everything else in your power to prepare properly because this new Breaking Bad tale is going to be one tense, wild ride.

Both the release date and the official title for the Breaking Bad movie were confirmed in a short teaser released late on Saturday afternoon. The teaser features Skinny Pete (Charles Baker, returning to the role) telling a room full of cops he’s no snitch and he has no idea what Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) is up to these days. It seems the cops are all very keen to know where Walter White’s (Bryan Cranston) former associate is and Pete is just the latest person to get a good shakedown. After Pete tells the fuzz to bug off, the screen cuts to the title — El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie — and reveals the new Breaking Bad movie lands on Netflix October 11, 2019.

I agree. BB should be a blueprint on how you have a plan from the start to finish (Walking Dead & GOT could have learned). Simply make multiple spin-offs which do far less to tarnish the original product.

Am I the only one worried about this falling short of expectations? Vince Gilligan talks about this being more of a coda to the series which might mean just tying up Jessie's plot line by the looks of the trailer, saves Netflix $s on the acting talent. What drove the series to me was the various relationships between the key characters and the tension created, I could care less about 3rd tier folks like Skinny Pete or Badger. Now if Skylar "breaks bad", and enlists Jessie that would be cool. Also worried that Mike comes back from the dead because Jonathan Banks is listed in the credits.

Am I the only one worried about this falling short of expectations? Vince Gilligan talks about this being more of a coda to the series which might mean just tying up Jessie's plot line by the looks of the trailer, saves Netflix $s on the acting talent. What drove the series to me was the various relationships between the key characters and the tension created, I could care less about 3rd tier folks like Skinny Pete or Badger. Now if Skylar "breaks bad", and enlists Jessie that would be cool. Also worried that Mike comes back from the dead because Jonathan Banks is listed in the credits.

Seems like an awful lot to tie up in a couple of hours. I hope Gilligan won't see the franchise as a chance for a paycheck every couple of years.

Walter White Is Dead

'Breaking Bad' Creator Vince Gilligan Finally Confirms Whether Or Not Walter White Is Dead

According to Gilligan (and he would know):

"Yeah, I’m going to give you that one, Rich, because I love you so much. Yes, Walter White is dead. Yes."

Well, that settles it, moderators of Breaking Bad Reddit threads. While we won't be seeing any more of Walter White, El Camino is sure to scratch the Five Years Of Missing Breaking Bad Itch. Catch it on Netflix October 11.

Didn't Walt and Todd dissolve Mike's body in a barrel of acid?

I think Mike will only be seen in flashback scenes, same with Walt.

Yeah Walt is dead, but is Heisenberg? Seems like s good way to screw with the audience.
I hope not. I really enjoyed this show. The ending was perfect. I don't want some miraculous save for Walt (or Heisenberg).

I think we'll see some flashbacks but Gilligan isn't the silly surprise or dream sequence type of hack.

I disagree, if done well they can be great in moving story arcs along and Gilligan used them a lot in BB. By the way all the top notch 2nd golden era TV shows used them; Soprannos, Mad Men, The Americans, etc... all used them. Notably The Wire did not. One of the more famous flashbacks from Breaking Bad>

I disagree, if done well they can be great in moving story arcs along and Gilligan used them a lot in BB. By the way all the top notch 2nd golden era TV shows used them; Soprannos, Mad Men, The Americans, etc... all used them. Notably The Wire did not. One of the more famous flashbacks from Breaking Bad>

I think you misunderstood me Auggie. I think he will use flashbacks and use them well, I just don't think he'll bring Walter back from the dead.. I agree that a flashback can be very effective, I just don't see Gilligan being gimmicky to the point Walter actually survived.

Last edited:
Very good way to round out the series. It was more of an epilogue, but held up well. It also didn’t damage the finale in any way.

I watched it tonight. Thought is was good, not great. I must admit though that I so looked forward to it that it would have had a hard time living up to my expectations.

It was good. Didn't feel like a bunch of fan service scenes, which is always a win for these types of things

I watched it tonight. Thought is was good, not great. I must admit though that I so looked forward to it that it would have had a hard time living up to my expectations.
Will watch later. Netflix always seems to disappoint IMO. Every time I watch something that looks like it has huge potential I come away with the "meh" feel.

It was ok. Worth a watch to see some of the characters again. I wanted more but only so much you can pack into a two hour movie. Todd’s face took me out of all the scenes he was in. Too much soup and Pizza I guess.