Search results

1. D

Bassett just teched former NCAA champ Ashnault

What is the age limit to compete at US Olympic Trials for wrestling? Why do we have an age limit?
  2. D

State tourneys prior to high school

The part where he asked his son if he would give up 6 years of his childhood to be a state champion. He didn’t start until he was 11.
  3. D

State tourneys prior to high school

Was he a state champion or not? You conflicted yourself in your story. Which was it?
  4. D

Lets change OT in high school.

1:30 on your feet. Another change to add. In the 1:30 only a takedown immediately ends the match. A penalty point does not immediately end the match. It can win the match but only after the 90 seconds if still winning. No one wants to see a penalty point end the match in the 1st OT.
  5. D

Let’s give it up for D1 Southwest District wrestlers

The topic only reads D1 SW wrestlers. Nothing wrong with giving the girls some praise here. kbiz also wrote Fairborn District so you guys are all wrong.
  6. D

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

I am sure the OHSAA does not care. They are counting attendance to see how much money they can make. They are supposed to be a non profit organization, but the more money they can bring in the more money they can pay their directors. Will they issue an apology, and a plan to fix for next year?
  7. D

Losing on purpose

Taking top 5 also solves this.
  8. D

Disqualified wrestler advances, while 2nd wrestler is Disqualified after tournament (same weight)!

That is the point. The girl should have been notified before Pre Regional that she lost her eligibility for that weight class and given a chance to enter a weight class she was eligible for. Opposing coaches should not be able to challenge after the Pre Regional. The rule needs adjustment...
  9. D

Disqualified wrestler advances, while 2nd wrestler is Disqualified after tournament (same weight)!

Why is this guy Rugg in charge of wrestling? Wouldn’t a wrestling state rules interpreter be a better person to be making rule violation decisions?
  10. D

It’s poorly worded, but it currently is a rule the coaches should know and understand. The punishment is forfeiture of that weight class not forfeiture of postseason. The girl should have been given the opportunity to compete in a weight class she was eligible for. It’s a rule that needs to...
  11. D

Maybe it is not for you, but it obviously is still an interpretation issue since it happens every year. There’s also some that are unaware of the rule. Where in this rule does it say punishment is forfeiture of postseason? The OHSAA and every coach saw the entry list prior to Pre Regional...
  12. D

They really should get rid of the descent rule. New coaches come in often and don’t really understand the rule. A lot of wrestlers unintentionally violate this rule, and every year someone loses their chance at postseason. The rule should simply be this is your minimum weight class. You...
  13. D

Maybe, this girl had a “biological” reason for being heavy that day and an exception should be made like there was for the Sandusky girl.
  14. D

Improper weight descent? I trust there was some kind of rule violation with her weight loss plan, however, the girl gets the death penalty for that? Why isn’t there an option for this girl to compete at another weight class? The time to report or challenge something like that would be...
  15. D

What about the 2nd girl? How is she still disqualified, but this other girl is allowed to wrestle? 1 made weight and qualified in her team assigned Pre Regional. 1 did not make weight initially and qualified at a Pre Regional different than her team. 1 will not be wrestling this this weekend...
  16. D

2024 Boro Fan Almanac

I think 99% of yappi has stopped reading this thread by now.
  17. D

The board of directors maybe. The board approves the rules if I understand correctly.
  18. D

How is she out then? Is OHSAA ignoring the proof? Wrestling really needs new leadership in the OHSAA.
  19. D

I don’t think it’s about girls wrestling as much as it is about the rules. Some wrestlers get a pass while others have seasons and careers sometimes ended when the rules are enforced on them but they were not friends with “decision maker” to get a pass.
  20. D

Northwest 105

I don’t like seeing wrestlers disqualified, but I don’t like the OHSAA picking and choosing which rules they want to enforce/not enforce that they signed off on. I don’t like the OHSAA picking and choosing what school or what wrestlers get special treatment per the buddy system and good ole...