Search results

1. M

EBC Football 2023

If you look at where Minerva’s program has been the past 8 years this is a fair assessment. But when the decision was made to boot Louisville, Minerva’s program wasn’t in bad shape. The 2013 team was a playoff caliber team that lost several games by narrow point margins. The 2014 team led by...
  2. M

EBC Football 2023

That ‘91 Minerva team had an undefeated record until they got shellacked by Louisville at the old Leopard Stadium. But since Minerva beat WB and Louisville lost to WB it led to a 3-way tie with three 9-1 teams. I still have a plastic cup and ball cap from that league title year. Minerva...
  3. M

EBC Football 2023

Indeed!
  4. M

EBC Football 2023

There were many games between Minerva and WB in the 90s where Minerva lost close games despite having more talent. But that ‘91 WB team that Minerva beat at home was better than the Lions. Here’s an interesting fact - in ‘91 Minerva, WB and Louisville shared the NBC title and all three teams...
  5. M

EBC Football 2023

The ‘71 Minerva team still holds the Stark Co scoring record and was led by Michigan QB recruit Roger Bettis. I recall Minerva traveling to Louisville on a frigid Fri with a superior team and being out coached by Louisville’s staff. Minerva had never punted that season and Louisville attacked...
  6. M

EBC Football 2023

I recall that WB - Minerva game and had a nephew on the team those two years. You could argue WB was better than Minerva in ‘97 when Minerva got them at home and won a close game. In ‘98 Minerva had the better team. In that game Minerva drove the ball up and down the field but fumbled the...
  7. M

EBC Football 2023

I also recall Minerva having a couple teams in the late 90s capable of winning a state title. The ‘97 team was 10-0 and beaten by an eventual state runner-up in the first round. The ‘98 team fumbled the game away against WB and missed the playoffs with a 9-1 record. That year Minerva played...
  8. M

The Official 2021 EBC football thread

It sounds like Minerva has made a great hire. Now it’s time to get to work.
  9. M

Minerva Applicants

I remember him from his playing days many years ago. From what I’ve been told this is a great hire and Minerva is fortunate. Now he needs to reach out to the coaches in district because there are good coaches in the buildings who haven’t been on staff the past few years. And they need to start...
  10. M

There was size, speed and athleticism on that Minerva team but they looked poorly coached. The skill players were excellent but the line simply did not block and the defense was porous.
  11. M

I recall before the ‘94 season it was Minerva and Louisville getting most of the attention. Both teams returned a ton. West Branch was not expected to be as good as they turned out to be. The ‘94 Minerva/Louisville game was one of the best football games I’ve ever attended. I believe...
  12. M

Minerva had playoff appearances following the ‘87, ‘89 & ‘91 seasons. Before that the ‘85-‘86 teams were very good. So between ‘89 and ‘91 Minerva won or garnered a share of two out of the first three NBC titles (after the league was formed). Before that In the late 60s-mid 70s Minerva had a...