Search results

1. Auggie

Let's enjoy the Music!

Always liked the opening riff to this tune by one of Ohio's own:
  2. Auggie

2024 Benedictine Football

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39660673/source-dolphins-releasing-starting-lb-jerome-baker
  3. Auggie

School Levy's and property taxes.

14Red is right this thing can go sideways really quick, especially if the teachers/coaches that peck around the HS sports forums see this thread. As a person who lives in the highest taxed district in the state, Shaker Heights, I can sympathize. Last fall the district just rammed through a...
  4. Auggie

Cavs 2023-24

5. Auggie

Concerts. 2021 and beyond.

A lot of tribute acts which is OK if that is your thing. Emmylou Harris is a solid choice and worth seeing. What caught my eye though was that 1st week of September, Del McCoury, Sam Bush, Ricky Scaggs, and Marty Stuart are all big time Blue Grass names and I could also see some cross...
  6. Auggie

Nation/World Cup Chatter

Ranking the top 50 USMNT players on current form: https://www.espn.com/soccer/insider/story/_/id/39654772/usmnt-player-performance-index-ranking-top-50-americans Top 10: Pulisic McKennie Dest Robinson Weah Brooks Turner Maloney Scally Musah
  7. Auggie

Let's enjoy the Music!

The best of the 5 versions that played before each season:
  8. Auggie

Cavs 2023-24

Mitchell out at least 3 more games: https://www.yahoo.com/news/cavaliers-star-guard-donovan-mitchell-222945824.html
  9. Auggie

Let's enjoy the Music!

Keith had to cover this Velvet Underground tune, basically a song about copping:
  10. Auggie

Cavs 2023-24

Terrible game and unless Mitchell plays tomorrow they lose by double digits to the Celtics. Some take aways yesterday: This is just a soft team. While the current NBA is not the thug era it is still a physical game and these guys, especially the bigs, just don't stand up to physical play...
  11. Auggie

COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2024-2025

I want them to bring back the gun to signify the end of the Quarter. 69 is divine!
  12. Auggie

Taylor Swift

I read somewhere that this is the single highest rights fee paid for 1 show to be exclusively streamed, something like $75 million.
  13. Auggie

Let's enjoy the Music!

I dig most of his music but have to be in a certain mood to listen to it. By the way this is a cool video on his music told by one of his key musicians, xylophone player Ruth Gordon. The amount of crack musicians that played with him is incredible, probably the best of any modern "rock"...
  14. Auggie

Let's enjoy the Music!

That’s great, that stuff is super complex and the band nails it.
  15. Auggie

Notre Dame College in Ohio Done?

The personnel at these places has exploded over the past couple of decades. Students expect support services and it’s not just academic but also mental. Tons of new admin jobs have been added too. Funny thing is that the tenured faculty have stayed roughly the same yet adjunct profs numbers have...
  16. Auggie

Notre Dame College in Ohio Done?

Also something to think about, what becomes of the campus and buildings? While not huge there is a decent footprint that will be sitting there in the middle of South Euclid empty.
  17. Auggie

Notre Dame Closes

No surprise if you go to the General Board here :) https://yappi.com/forum/index.php?threads/notre-dame-college-in-ohio-done.368345/ Not only do these small schools with poor endowments have $s issues but the demographics are against these types of schools. The numbers for children born...
  18. Auggie

Cavs 2023-24

A key stretch coming up for the Cavs. The Pistons tonight; they have decided to start playing a little better and will not just roll over. They played the Knicks tough in NYC and Cade Cunningham has really picked up his game. After that they get a rested but reeling Knicks team at home, they...
  19. Auggie

COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2024-2025

Seen a couple things come over this past week through various credible NCAA media types; The 14 team playoff proposal has a lot of folks worried that it really is becoming only about the B1G and the SEC. Many schools have concerns that the '23 FSU situation will become the norm and not an out...
  20. Auggie

Top recruit daring OHSAA to suspend him

Not to be mean about it but they get tossed by aside by the staff and because they are an Academy and not and educational institution that is a much easier thing to do.