Search results

1. topperbounce

Avon/Chardon vs. Hoban/TCC

Blue blood Publics vs. Blue blood Privates DIII vs. DI (college analogy) I would imagine the entire public school population in the state of Ohio is rooting for the Eagles and Hilltoppers. They may get blown out, they may compete, or they may win. I’ve never been a proponent of splitting the...
  2. topperbounce

It’s Time for a Shot Clock

I went to a game last night and watched a team who was up 10 with 3:30 left in the game perform the weave and play keep away for 1:00 until the other team had to eventually overly gamble and gave up a lay up. In my opinion this is NOT basketball. In a real basketball game, when there’s 3:30 left...
  3. topperbounce

How Are Neutral Sites Determined?

Some very odd neutral site determinations made today. How is this determined? I could be totally wrong, but I thought it worked like: A school puts in a bid to host a neutral site game. The OHSAA then determines what two teams will be playing at what location. Is this accurate? I’ve read on...
  4. topperbounce

Brush hires Ricky Powers

I agree with him that Brush is a hidden gem of football talent. With the right coach, this could be a program making noise sooner than later. https://www.cleveland.com/highschoolsports/2021/12/brush-names-ricky-powers-formerly-of-buchtel-as-its-new-football-coach.html
  5. topperbounce

Geneva Head Coaching Job

The Geneva head coaching job is officially open. Slightly surprising as Coach Sorber has worked tirelessly to make the Eagles relevant, which he has. Also surprising since he states in the article below that the pipeline has talent...
  6. topperbounce

Chardon @ Mentor - Scrimmage

The Chardon-Mentor scrimmage was called with about 1:30 left in the 1st quarter with Chardon leading 6-0 due to inclement weather. A few takeaways from the very abbreviated game, and obviously difficult to assess: Chardon: Seems like they've reloaded and have the potential to make another deep...