Search results

1. Brooksie

Divisional Assignments by the OHSAA

I only ask because I honestly cannot remember..... Are schools assigned to their respective divisions by the OHSAA on an annual basis? Or is it a biannual cycle? I don't remember it being any longer than every two years. Thanks in advance for the 411.
  2. Brooksie

OHSAA Football Finals remain in Canton

At least until 2026. Announced this morning. OHSAA Football State Championships to Remain in Canton Through 2026 New three-year contract executed between OHSAA and Pro Football Hall of Fame keeps finals at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio High School Athletic...
  3. Brooksie

Battle of the Irish 2023 Ursuline 6-0 at SVSM 4-2

This has been a back and forth series over the years. I can remember driving out to Stambaugh Stadium many times with a feeling of dread because SVSM was about to get their head handed back to them. The current cycle is in favor of SVSM. But I remember watching last year's game at Stambaugh...
  4. Brooksie

SVSM Irish 2023-24

We are within a month of two a days starting, so I thought this was a great opportunity to retire last year's thread (and all the twists and turns that went with it) and focus strictly on football for the 2023 the season ahead. Our schedule is what it is for 2023. Whatever side of the Holy War...
  5. Brooksie

Rudy Sharkey passes away

A day many in the Magic City were dreading for a long time has come to pass. A legend in Barberton has passed away. A member of several hall of fames, Rudy Sharkey made an impact at Barberton High School as a football coach, teacher and administrator for the Magics...
  6. Brooksie

Browns with another community donation

The Browns are donating $50,000 for bleachers to be replaced at Elyria Catholic's Dan Reaser Field.
  7. Brooksie

Ryan Montgomery, QB, Findlay HS 2025

I guess I should not be surprised by this. This young man is ultra talented. Going into his junior season - he already holds TEN offers from major D1 programs - including THE Ohio State University. He recently announced that he will have in person workouts on Jan 19th and 26th for any other...
  8. Brooksie

Regional assignments

This should be a quick thread. Looking for confirmation here. OHSAA reassigned teams to current or new divisions just last year. Those are done on a two year cycle, correct? So, if true, all assignments would hold for the 2023-2024 school year. Next adjustment cycle would then be the...
  9. Brooksie

Week 13 - Division 2 Region 5 Semifinal - Holy War 2.0 - Hoban (11-1) vs SVSM (8-3)

The Irish earned the right to another shot at Hoban with a hard fought 21-14 victory over Fitch tonight. It will have been 5 weeks since these two squads faced off in week 8 at Green Street - a 28-14 Hoban victory. I am sure the Irish will enter this game with their confidence in the...
  10. Brooksie

Senior Nights

With the schedule hitting week 9, Senior Nights are going to be in full swing across the state tonight. Some schools have already had theirs, a lot will have theirs tonight, and the remainder next week. These ceremonies are ever so important. I don't care if you were an athlete in a fall sport...
  11. Brooksie

Teams pages on Arbiter

Has anyone been to Arbiter lately to check out their team page? Don't know when this happened, but they have installed a new look to the pages. Looks cleaner, I like it.
  12. Brooksie

Court renamed at LeBron James Arena

Yesterday, the basketball court inside the LeBron James Arena at St. Vincent St. Mary HS was renamed in honor of 21 year veteran head coach Dru Joyce. Well deserved honor...
  13. Brooksie

Favorite HS FB stadium?

Good morning all. Several years ago, my best friend and I started what I called The Friday Night Express. Since all of our kids were finished with high school, we decided to just pick "a game" every week somewhere in Northeast Ohio and attend. It really became something to look forward to each...
  14. Brooksie

Hoban's Tim Tyrrell to the University of Akron?

News broke this morning that University of Akron head football coach Tom Arth has been fired, effective immediately. So, why is this news on a HIGH SCHOOL football forum? Because, according to reporter Zac Jackson, one of the first names to seriously consider is highly successful Hoban HS head...
  15. Brooksie

Former Norwayne and Northwest HC Joe Harbour passes away

39 is way way way too young. https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/2021/07/02/former-norwayne-northwest-football-coach-joe-harbour-passes-away/7839700002/?utm_source=beaconjournal-News%20Alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news_alerts&utm_term=news_alert&utm_content=OHIO-AKRON-NLETTER01