Search results

1. rt4falcons

MVL 2022

Have to agree. Stebbins is still a team on the rise. Not so long ago the Indians would be easily last in whatever conference they played in. Now I see them as sort of "best of the rest" in the MVL, which is a massive improvement. Piqua, Tipp, and Troy are still better programs. And Xenia (by way...
  2. rt4falcons

MVL 2022

Troy bullied Stebbins. Pushed them around in the trenches, and kept Norton and Harris-Belle from creating much of anything (just the one 46yd TD pass). It was surprising to see the Indians keep trying to run inside with a small back while the line was a sieve. Credit to Troy for sticking to...
  3. rt4falcons

MVL 2022

Get up, it's gameday! The Troy Trojans come down to Riverside for a potentially historically relevant matchup. Stebbins have not beaten Troy since 1973, have lost 15 straight to Troy, and are just 2-19 all time in the series. But the last two years have been close games - both 28-21 losses...
  4. rt4falcons

MVL Pick Em Week 4

Sidney vs. Butler Greenville vs. Fairborn Troy vs. Stebbins Tippecanoe vs. West Carrollton Piqua vs. Xenia Versailles vs. New Bremen Mason vs. Colerain
  5. rt4falcons

MVL 2022

I'm not entirely sure of that, but the Trojans will need to be fast. Stebbins has the 2nd fastest player on the team running around throwing to the fastest player. Adrian Norton (Akron commit as a WR) mostly operated a zone read offense in the Greenville game. Senior running back Damir Dewberry...
  6. rt4falcons

MVL 2022

No stats have been posted on the MVL website for Stebbins @ West Carrollton. Anyone know why? I didn't go down to the game and wanted to see how the D1-committed wide receiver was progressing at QB for Stebbins.
  7. rt4falcons

Division I State Championship: Springfield (13-1) vs. Lakewood St. Edward (13-1)

I would like to see a GWOC school finally get it done. I worry they won't be able to match the discipline and scheming of St. Ed's defense. My head says Ed's by ~10, but it'd be cool to see Springfield close - and it's entirely possible.
  8. rt4falcons

Who are the best 16, 15, 14 or 13 seeds?

you were 100% right on the blowout. 3rd quarter will start with a running clock (38-7). Indians can't block a front 3 and the drop 8 is confounding the receivers and QB. This Edgewood offense is efficient, but it's the defense that is impressing me. But I would bet Adrian gets another deep ball...
  9. rt4falcons

#7 Tippecanoe (9-2) vs #15 Alter (6-5)

This thread has been amazingly entertaining for someone who often finds themselves rooting against each of these teams. Tipp has another good team. Alter has a down year, but still is pretty good and capable of winning playoff games. I think Tipp controls the line of scrimmage and the game...
  10. rt4falcons

GCL vs. GMC playoff games 2021

One thing not talked about in these sorts of threads (while tangential to the thread title, it is being discussed anyway so I am adding my two cents) is that private, religious schools are trying to pull in kids/families not just for butts in seats, but to educate and form them in their...
  11. rt4falcons

Point of order: Sidney beat Stebbins 35-20 with the final score coming on a defensive touchdown in the final minute. Stebbins turned the ball over multiple times and had a FG attempt and PAT blocked - by far the sloppiest game Stebbins played all year. I'm not saying the Indians won't get beat...
  12. rt4falcons

I will say Stebbins has a shot against Edgewood. Stebbins can score quickly and from anywhere - there are three receivers who would be the top WR in a normal year. Edgewood will move the ball without a doubt (because Stebbins has the worst run defense in the MVL and gave up 340 rushing yards...
  13. rt4falcons

What is the plan for the Mapfre Stadium

It's true. Pro soccer is bad on turf and players/fans love to mention it (like me, right now). Though it does lead to some of the best kept grass being soccer fields. But with new turf installed, I really think HCS could host playoff football games. I am not sure I am convinced on every facet...
  14. rt4falcons

They have already converted the field to a turf field. There is a proposal (I believe pending funding) to bubble it as well - not sure how that impacts the seating tbh.
  15. rt4falcons

The Crew built the new performance center - which is attached - and they have installed fields adjacent to Historic Crew Stadium (HCS) for outdoor training. I believe they are going to train on the new turf field at HCS, but Columbus will be using the facility as a "community sports park". I...
  16. rt4falcons

#7 Tippecanoe (9-2) vs #15 Alter (6-5)

I mean...they're still playing football! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  17. rt4falcons

MVL Pick Em Week 12

Alter @ Tippecanoe Withrow @ Piqua Stebbins @ Edgewood Winton Woods @ Kings LaSalle @ Anderson Sycamore @ Princeton Wapakoneta @ Bellbrook Chaminade-Julienne @ St. Mary's Memorial Milton Union @ Eaton Centerville @ Whitmer
  18. rt4falcons

D2 Region 8

This matches my thought. With the receivers Stebbins has, I knew they could keep pace in the game simply by scoring. But the game was very close to getting out of hand several times - then the Indians would fail to capitalize and TV hung in there. The TV crowd was right with them late in the...
  19. rt4falcons

How many games do 9-16 teams need to win to validate 16 teams?

Not quite - it was 16 wins out of 128 games for lower seeds. My post was wins and losses, not wins out of number of games.
  20. rt4falcons

How many games do 9-16 teams need to win to validate 16 teams?

Record by seed (D1-D4): 9: 6-10 10: 0-16 11: 1-15 12: 2-14 13: 2-14 14: 3-13 15: 1-15 16: 1-15 underdogs overall: 16-112 (12.5% win pct - or more clearly 1 out of every 8 games)