Search results

1. B

Week 11: Fairfield

Hope they all get D1 offers. Much of that, particularly for QB's will be based on performance at camps. If a school puts them thru the paces, sees the physical attributes needed for D1, likes the recognition capability and the players' fit to the scheme, the offer will come. Penn State got...
  2. B

Week 5: The Evil Empire

Waiting for Bird Dog to respond so he and Reload can battle.
  3. B

Week 2: Loyola Academy IL (ESPN)

Agree with you that LIne biggest issue, doesn't matter who QB, back or WR's are if no time or holes. I'm not knocking the WR's, just mean that they good versus what coaches call a Dawg/Dude/CatDaddy, one that stands out from the pack and makes plays that shouldn't be made. Sharpe seems to be...
  4. B

Been a while since we've seen X have less than stellar talent. There is no 'difference maker' other than Hammonds. The type that the other team and coaches always has to know where he lines up. When that's the case you really have to rely on system, scheme and fundamentals. With a young team...
  5. B

Agree, seemed like tried rugby style but blocking scheme not set up for that. I hope Steve isn't special teams, not because he can't do it, he can, but does he have the time to address the nuances?. the last yr before Coverdale showed up the then OC who was fired year end really struggled play...
  6. B

Probably already mentioned, St. John Bosco in '16 state yr at UC also on Espn 2. Lost about 34-0, but several guys hurt or out. SJB finished 2nd in nation that year, mostly D1 players in all spots since CA allows open transferring.
  7. B

Remember those are off the laser & not by hand, the laser times are historically higher than 40 times by hand. I can think of a few recent X grads and wish your take was more aligned with their recruiting experience. I think about the Devine boy a couple years ago. Classic X kid, tough...
  8. B

Reload, what is the take on Special Teams. Coach Tim Banker, who coached Special Teams forever and was really good at it, retired and I'm not sure who is coaching that unit now? While there were probably a half dozen plays that if the Bombers made them would have resulted in victory, a...
  9. B

In today's spread world it all comes down to speed. 4.5's he goes any place he wants, high 4.6's lots of FCS and lower level D1, 4.7's is D2 or perhaps academy since they play 2 other academies with run oriented offenses. LB's in college either come off the edge or have to cover the back in...
  10. B

St. Xavier Football 2022

My take from the stands: Graduated 17 starters so lots of new guys in key roles. Also No D1 receivers (TE does have offers), so there isn't a guy who is going to win 1v1 coverage matchup regardless of the Defense. I think they'll need to rely on the system more this year on both sides of the...
  11. B

St. Xavier Football 2022

That is one of the tough things about being a player at X, there is so much talent at times kids have to move. I don't like what college recruiting has become, now its all about the camp circuit and performing when there. That actually helped a kid like Nolan who go to work as a QB at those...
  12. B

Week 8: LaSalle

Thanks for the scouting report. Hope the leaf being turned over isn't a fig leaf, there is stuff we don't want to see........ Have to admit, and like the people who say they don't like reality shows but always watch anyway, I did used to enjoy the PBoy/Omar/Reload/Birdog sparring back and...
  13. B

Trinity

2020 Dad is back, glad for the insight. Yep, even the '85 Bears said they wanted to go undefeated but the Miami loss did send a message, per the 30 for 30 show. March to state will need wins over LWest, Springfield, Pick Central and/or Eds. Will need to play better than against Trinity to...
  14. B

Week 8: LaSalle

Dam fellas, this is like a flashback to the Yappi battles a few years back. We only the GBM guy Birddog guy for a good old fashion WWE Battle Royal, like with Fridge, Hulk, Junkyard Dog, George the Animal Steel, Rowdy Roddy Piper etc. Reload, I'm an X homer but a strong LaSalle team makes the...
  15. B

2021 Ohio Mr Football : McCaughey & Kellom Convo w/stats

The same pollsters that we make fun of for lack of true knowledge vote for these, and the reality is long playoff run equates to exposure and name recognition correlates to votes. Same happens with all-state voting. 2016's run resulted in 1st team for Brady Stoll and 3rd for Carl Grimm, last...
  16. B

Elder

Loved the score and unfortunately it has gone both ways. In 2018 the Bombers led 14-10 at half, have finished 51-14 Elder. One of the reasons OC has fired at end of season, leading to Coverdale hire. Thank goodness.
  17. B

Elder

Someone asked about White & Blue (A&B). Been a few yrs for my kids but the Program tries to blend development and the athletic experience. Blue is made up of 1st and 3rd string. White is 2nd, 4th, 5th etc. They want everyone to get to play and this allows for that. Development wise, the...
  18. B

Elder