Search results

1. A

DIV 2 STATE FINAL Massillon 15-0 vs Akron Hoban 13-1

Yeah the problem is Timmy boy playing favorites and not giving those QBs who transferred out a fair shot at winning the job. He guarantees the “recruited” guys to come to Hoban and the job is theirs. It’s pretty obvious just watching their games. Good recruiter, not a good game day coach. He’s...
  2. A

Not at all. Hoban, Iggy, and Ed’s never pulled from the same area with the exception of maybe a Richfield family or 2. Iggy’s downfall is the loss of Coach Kyle and the Ed’s machine.
  3. A

No not the beginning of the end. Still have a great recruiter as their coach and best facilities in Summit. Plus there is the chance to play for titles. The limiting factor at Hoban is their all star recruiter. He is not an X &Os kind of guy. They seemed to run the same 3 plays over and over...
  4. A

Tyrell is a good recruiter but his offensive play calling is too predictable and 1 dimensional. He’s a good assembler of talent but not good coaching. Saw it against WW and TCC last year. Seeing it against Massillon this year. Congrats Massillon on the win! No more paper Tigers. TIG!
  5. A

I think you’d be surprised about how the community around Hoban supports and even some kids from the Arlington area sends their children to Hoban. At the end of the day it’s still an Akron area team with a lot of Akron kids on the team. Support isn’t an issue add in the fact the alumni in the...
  6. A

Lol wtf. The reason Tim has been successful and this defense is what it is, is from the staff. They are some dudes and can guarantee that they go to clinics and could coach anywhere as well. It’s not groundbreaking coaches going to clinics and being innovative. Every coach goes to them. Lol I...
  7. A

Fluke? Or they just weren’t good or the best team in their division. Is it a fluke ND hasn’t won a NC game or a fluke the Browns haven’t won since prior to the 1st Super Bowl. Come on now. They have a great shot at winning Thursday, any team does but if they lose it’s not a fluke that Hoban won...
  8. A

Also have been past state champs in Mock Trial, last year was a top program in the state.
  9. A

While I love getting the Massillon fans worked up. I agree with the above posts. Massillon has the edge over Hoban all because of the QB play. These are 2 equally matched teams. I will say I think Hoban has an edge in the coaching department all because of Coach Parnell and have had success in...
  10. A

Like this isn’t the majority of Massillon fans? Lol
  11. A

Even in bad years Hoban never had a band… usually have their cheer and dance teams perform at halftime. The dance team was state champs in hip hop so don’t think they only care about athletes.
  12. A

This. I have said before and will say it again. Timmy is a good recruiter but relies heavily on talent to win, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Parnell on D is one of the best DC in Ohio. Always has his guys ready to play. Even back to the Orsini run in the early 2000s.
  13. A

New year same story. Massillon fans yelling out how they’re gonna beat Hoban and come Thursday night same result as past? I remember vividly 2020 when they all said how great they were and unbeatable in their own house. Whoops! 🫣
  14. A

We playing this game at Massillon again?
  15. A

You sure about that? Akron has been the hot bed for all your talent.
  16. A

DII State Semifinal: Akron Hoban vs. Avon

0 state titles. Don’t think I’m wrong. ;)
  17. A

DII State Semifinal: Akron Hoban vs. Avon

A lot forget the good Hoban teams of the early 2000’s with Tyrell Sutton and then the ‘08 team that went to the state semis. One could say Massillon was the definition of average from 1970-2015. Very similar to ND football.
  18. A

St. Edward vs. Archbishop Hoban

No. The battle of Holy Cross or battle for Archbishop Edward Hoban. (For the people who understand the unique connection between the 2 schools) ;)
  19. A

Hazing Incidents

Dude. You’re acting like a diploma from Hoban is a diploma from Oxford. Yes, they set you up and help you succeed in college, but no one gives 2 over where you went to high school, outside of this website.
  20. A

Hoban '23

I mean max preps says Walsh’s football roster is at 141 kids, I assume including freshman. So if there are about 15 kids on vouchers that’s 10%. I don’t see more than that tbh