Search results

1. G

Western Buckeye League 2023

I've noticed your OG loss predictions have been a bit excessive as you've predicted them to give up 48, 56, and 56 while they actually gave up 28 and lost by a TD to both Bath and VW, then allowed 27 to a very good Celina team. The WBL from top to bottom is probably as good as it's ever been...
  2. G

Size vs Speed

I've found that people who label others as "butthurt" or "crybabies" right off the bat simply because another person DARES to disagree with their position are either trolls or incredibly arrogant individuals. Your tone suggests the later, so I'll go ahead and engage you on this. You are...
  3. G

Size vs Speed

You are either a former member of your school's band, know just enough about football to be dangerous - and are exceptionally bitter towards football coaches OR you are an incredibly arrogant person who has coached, probably at an elite program, and has no respect for their peers. Also guessing...
  4. G

Western Buckeye League 2022

Understood. From a neutral perspective that makes sense. But I guarantee the Saint Marys coaches, players and fans are far more disappointed with that 41-70 loss than OG is with that 14-0 win, lol. Question: Would you feel the same way if the score had been 28-14 or 35-21?
  5. G

OG lost their QB last week vs SM so they had a sophomore get his first start tonight. But they got their first win and pitched a shutout along the way. Not really sure how that is more disappointing than SM giving up 70 in a loss?
  6. G

OG 1995 = 0-10. OG 1996 = 6-4 Just sayin’. Kenton would have to beat either Coldwater, Wapak, Saint Marys, VW or OG to go 6-4. Shawnee and Elida are pretty good too. A tall task to say the least. Has recruiting picked up or something?
  7. G

Didn’t realize Shawnee was this big now. Very proud of OG for being so competitive in this league.
  8. G

Division 5 Region 18

OG is by far the smallest school in the WBL. Over the last 25 or so years under the current head coach Ken Schriner, you could argue they’ve been the best team in the league. Over the last 10 years, Wapak has clearly been the best team in the WBL and I’d say OG has probably been the second...
  9. G

Division V State Championship: AP #1 Kirtland (14-0) vs. AP #8 Versailles (14-1)

Huh. So he's following the rules. Imagine that. Even if he thinks its silly, yet he publicly comments that they can't lift for 30 days. I wonder if even having the trainer in there is appropriate, because some programs will make their kids feel like they have to be there, which is part of...
  10. G

Division V State Championship: AP #1 Kirtland (14-0) vs. AP #8 Versailles (14-1)

Have to admit, I'm impressed with your arrogant and patronizing tone while trying to defend a position that is clearly wrong. I was trying to refrain from making this personal like you are doing with your "says more about you" and "maybe your team could model" crap. But I can be a pompous...
  11. G

I think they should follow the rules. I didn’t make them, and I’m not the one that’s leaking info that my team is doing it either. If you are going to break them, I’d advise against bragging about on a public message board. Amazing how success breeds arrogance and makes people think the...
  12. G

Oh, so 45 football players are in the weight room on Sunday without a coach in the room. I hope for Coach LaVerde’s sake and Kirtland’s in general that nobody gets hurt while these kids are unsupervised, because the liability dangers are pretty clear. Maybe those kids should be resting their...
  13. G

Interesting . I’m pretty sure there is a 30 day no contact rule after the season concludes. If there was a football coach in the room that is an OHSAA violation. Unless it’s baseball or track “conditioning”. Might want to be careful what you post. Also, I’d like to apologize if it was...
  14. G

2022 Western Buckeye League football

Oops. Mods, feel free to delete as I posted the above in the original thread.
  15. G

Bath - Loses a very good senior class from an average, but well-coached football team. Heard they had a strong JV team to build off of, but not sure this is even an average team this year. 3-7 is a conservative forecast. Celina - Has dropped off quite a bit in recent years. Do they even have a...
  16. G

Uh............ Forums Boys HS Sports Football
  17. G

2022 Western Buckeye League football

So how does the WBL look next year? I'll give an alphabetical rundown of where I see things going. Bath - Loses a very good senior class from an average, but well-coached football team. Heard they had a strong JV team to build off of, but not sure this is even an average team this year. 3-7...
  18. G

Kirtland's oline is very well-coached, and good technicians. Their best blocker was their TE, dude was strong as hell. Their skill kids are really what's impressive. Apparently their WR/TE/RB #20 is a D1 commit to Pitt from what I hear? IMO he was the best player on the field against OG...
  19. G

Division V State Semifinal: Kirtland (13-0 (54-0)) vs Ottawa Glandorf (11-3)

Just curious, what video was that? The Otsego game posted earlier? I thought Otsego was a REALLY good team. Super proud we beat them. Their RB was the best I've seen in a long time. Outstanding mobile QB with a strong arm, with a great speed WR and an impressive TE. Swarming, if only...
  20. G

Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 10

Ha ha! Thanks