Search results

1. Basement Bias

Folkstyle or Freestyle

Prefer folkstyle but don't mind freestyle. Mostly because I learned folkstyle first & competed in it more. I don't really want some of the freestyle thoughts to be adopted by folkstyle. Think the better solution is to be better at addressing stalling. I like both being separate styles. I...
  2. Basement Bias

Coverage of High School Sports

Would like to see an OHSAA TV app like Indiana's IHSAA TV app. Just a collection of affiliates with their live & recent broadcasts for replay. Usually semi state (Final 4 known as State in Ohio) & state championships are controlled by them & have to pay to watch.
  3. Basement Bias

Midwest Athletic Conference 2024

Having 11 teams by adding Ft. Loramie while playing a 10 week schedule & Ohio going to an all in playoff with more divisions seems to cure those problems 😆
  4. Basement Bias

Rephrase it to the following: Too close to Jay County. Good people in Jay County but it's a different world there compared to surrounding areas to the North, Northwest, and East. Seems the Fort Recovery issue is a similar issue to Jay County.
  5. Basement Bias

That's the beauty of wrestling. It's an individual & team sport. Not sure how Ohio does things, but it could work out. They may struggle to win any duals, but if you have just enough individuals, you could win some events. My example would be little Southern Wells a few years ago. They almost...
  6. Basement Bias

Per Dave, Ft Recovery is possibly starting a wrestling club. Hope to see it happen. A sport the MAC could do exceptionally well in. Plus closer schools to compete against.
  7. Basement Bias

Northwest Conference 2024

Marion Local fans are split on if they are D7 or D6 it seems.
  8. Basement Bias

Bearcats & Knights facing MAC land would be brutal.
  9. Basement Bias

Wouldn't surprise me. Makes me hope LCC sticks around, especially for basketball.
  10. Basement Bias

The NWC needs to get over LCC possibly dominating. Use it to work to match their level and make everyone better.
  11. Basement Bias

As you know, I'm not a fan of the basketball (boys) program. The lack of attendance to me is for 2 reasons: 1st they weren't going to have the caliber team of last year (diehards); 2nd is the way others not in the program feel like 2nd rate citizens (everyone else). That's basically Van Wert &...
  12. Basement Bias

You & I have had private conversations about Crestview. We both know the reason for enrollment dropping. Sorry to go off topic a bit here. I will say, that this past winter has softened me on Crestview a tad, but it's just a small group. Those involved with the youth wrestling club and the...
  13. Basement Bias

@BirdDog10 Z Martin did some damage to his knee. I'm not sure when he's going to return to football or wrestling action. Sucks because I had just mentioned to his & A Martin's dad about offseason wrestling before the injury. The hope was to get them in great football shape & put in more work to...
  14. Basement Bias

Still bugs me that my AC Jets didn't get them at least 1 of the 3. Also bugs me SA didn't beat Covenant Christian before that. Now both are rebuilding so to speak.
  15. Basement Bias

Think so, as I believe he left in the summer of 2022 for Springfield before they played SA. SA went to state in 2020 and AC in 2021, 2022, & 2023.
  16. Basement Bias

No SA went in 2020 but I believe the QB had left for Springfield.
  17. Basement Bias

Spot on! Though my AC Jets will not be as good as the last 3 years which probably would have been mid pack at best in the MAC. They will be much worse after the next 2 years. Only thing I'd tweak is some of the mid to lower NWC schools wouldn't be as strong as you suggested from what I've...
  18. Basement Bias

Really wanted them to play Indy Lutheran & smack them around.
  19. Basement Bias

Long drive. They are solid in Indiana. Not sure the schedule but think Marion Local can & will beat them. Is early in the season though with that long trip. Heard the Miners like to roll coal with their Diesels.
  20. Basement Bias

Northwest Conference 2023-2024

Which is why I mentioned they might not have been cleared until after NWC on a previous post. Which is the smart move on their part.