Search results

1. G

Week 8: LaSalle

Good assessment of football at the lower levels. Many of the smaller schools use football as a means of recruiting students to the school. It is why Xavier is currently considering adding football. This has become more true as the number of males enrolled in college continues to fall. This...
  2. G

Week 9: St. Ignatius

It is out of the ordinary at St X. The coaching staff has a good feel for juniors at their ability to contribute as seniors without playing them in JV games
  3. G

Week 8: LaSalle

As a fan of the program for the past 30 years and someone who has had multiple kids play football the comment above is not unique. Parents of every class have the expectation that their senior class is going to win state. Parents who are unhappy with their son's playing time or position often...
  4. G

St. Xavier Football 2023

Good click bait post to fire up the Moeller faithful. Obviously X will not refuse to play Moeller. I am not sure why Specht would refuse to play in Dayton, but I think the right decision is to play wherever Moeller schedules the game.
  5. G

Scholarships and Commitments

This posts raises a point that I have debated with people over the years. It is the question of when a parent should strongly discourage a kid from playing in college. In my humble opinion there are two compelling reasons a kid should pursue playing in college: 1. When they are receiving a free...
  6. G

St. Xavier Football 2023

While Steve Specht is a successful and passionate football coach, he is also one that maintains a proper perspective about where the game fits in the big picture for any student athlete. There are numerous stories of his conversations with parents who believe there students should get some type...
  7. G

2023 Football

Moeller (or any high school) does not need a coach with D1 college experience. Odds are if they have that background they won't stay around a high school for long. This guy has a very solid background coaching at the DII and III level for 15 years. One year as a high school head coach so he...
  8. G

St. Xavier Football 2023

I can provide a host of great 8th grade football players that did very little at the high school level. It is a bit earlier to proclaiming 8th graders and freshmen as state title favorites. Rather than touting them as state title contenders I would be wishing them luck and encouraging them to...
  9. G

Posthumous Papal Bombshell

Appreciate the feedback. I certainly did not mean to imply that any non Catholic Christian church is Christianity lite. I also understand while Catholics leave the church but some leave because they don't like the gospel of accountability. God doesn'twant us all to be rich, beautiful and happy...
  10. G

Posthumous Papal Bombshell

Spot on assessment. The decline of membership in the Catholic Church coincides with the rise of the non denominational mega churches that some label "Christianity lite". Think of pastors like Joel Osteen and others who preach a "feel good" version of the gospel where God wants everyone to be...
  11. G

36 StX Grads Playing College Football in 2022

Chase announced that he is coming back for a 6th year. He is enrolled in the masters program in real estate. He will have a shot to start although Wisconsin signed Tanner Mordecai who posted impressive numbers at SMU the past two years as a starter. Even if Chase doesn't start he continues his...
  12. G

couple days from now.... could be 18,000 illegals could be coming into America everyday

While I agree that Biden has done a poor job at the border and we need tighter border security, fentanyl is not being smuggled in the backpacks of illegal immigrants. The cartels are not going to risk their valuable supply in the hands of some random immigrant. Fentanyl is smuggled across...
  13. G

36 StX Grads Playing College Football in 2022

Had some time to kill this weekend so took a look at how some of the Bombers on this list did this season. Sean Clifford ended up setting multiple records at Penn State and led the team to the upcoming Rose Bowl. Noah Taylor was the third leading tackler (52) for Cornell this season Marshall...
  14. G

Trump superhero cards

Which specific policies and how did it help them?
  15. G

Trump superhero cards

He is one of the greatest snake oil salesman the country has ever seen. He continued to convince banks to lend him money in spite of multiple (5-6) bankruptcies. He got smarter in his later years by simply selling his naming rights (condos, liquor etc) rather than assume the risks associated...
  16. G

Sports Betting / Gambling

Nothing better than sitting in a sports book during the first weekend of March Madness placing some wagers. Gambling, if done responsibly, is another form of entertainment. While I enjoy some sports betting I certainly understand the argument that it often attracts those who can least afford to...
  17. G

Sports Betting / Gambling

Yeah, very bad analogy comparing gambling to meth (even if it was tongue in cheek). Gambling responsibly (not betting more than you can afford to lose to meet your financial obligations) can be another form of entertainment. Im pretty sure there is no such thing as doing meth responsibly.
  18. G

Trump superhero cards

Only $99 a card quite a steal. Each card comes with a chance to win a prize (if you can call them that) such as golf with Trump, dinner with Trump etc. It really is embarassing that a former (and possibly future) US President is pitching ridiculous trading cards of himself.
  19. G

From yesterday you know what the saddest thing was?

I am curious as to the values you espouse that you believe qualifies someone as a true Republican vs a "RINO"? The best I can tell from you and a number of other Yappi posters is blind loyalty to Trump is the only value that matters. Rush Limbaugh and Roger Ailes made millions off of people...
  20. G

From yesterday you know what the saddest thing was?

HAHA....... you are so smart....but wrong. I cast my ballot for DeWine but not for JD Vance. I have voted for two Democratic Presidents in my lifetime and at the state level probably vote Republican 75% of the time. I did not vote for Sec State Frank based on the fact that he (along with the...