Search results

1. I

State Title Talk

Since this thread is State Title Talk, who can retell the story of the wrestler with the “I am Not #100” t-shirt Late 80s maybe 90s. Think the wrestler with the t-shirt was from Twinsburg or Solon?
  2. I

Losing on purpose

This thread is right on cue every year before State and daylight savings time. Just a thought. carry on…
  3. I

Kenston DII District 2024

FWIW: SportsDad73 comment was after District responding to my earlier post about Bowser who won the EOWL and looked really slick vs McCracken. Per earlier posts, apparently Mozden was recovering from football injury and got a late start to the wrestling season in time for postseason. Looks...
  4. I

Another Rough Day for Officials

Mr Red: Great post! I was an official for a few seasons after coaching for 15 years and I can relate to your 5 lessons. With a pause between bashing officials & Following your lead, My 5 are as follows: 1. I really didn’t know the rules like I should have before I became an official. Always...
  5. I

Division 1 State Tournament 1st round upsets, #4 over #1

215: #4 Cayden Spotts (Ashland) over #1 Aidan Weimer (Springboro).
  6. I

Division 1 State Tournament 1st round upsets, #4 over #1

Wrestlingfan21 Pick a #4 seed over #1 seed in the D1 State bracket without considering anything else, like rankings. I get it buddy. I will look at the D1 brackets then submit my pick Carry on…
  7. I

Kenston DII District 2024

285: Bowser Dec 3-1 over Luce in semis at the EOWL. Could meet again in goto. I haven’t seen Feister wrestle but all reports say he is a freshman phenom and I don’t doubt it. I do know Bowser is one slick HWT from what I saw at the EOWL. Bowser won by decision over McCracken from United...
  8. I

D3 state duals final eight - 2/10 at Versailles

I can see bonus points from the Waynedale lightweights being a “wash” vs the bonus points from Barnesville middleweights leaving it up to the upper weights where I think slightly favors Waynedale. Cliche’ but which team gives up less bonus points. Waynedale in a squeaker of a final over...
  9. I

North Canton Holiday Tournament

Check out “Stark Media Team” on Facebook. I see they had a link for live quarterfinals today perhaps they will livestream more tomorrow.
  10. I

OSU vs VT

Heard he was big move guy. Did Rogotzke hit a throw or ?
  11. I

OSU vs VT

Possibly 4? former St. Eds wrestlers could take the mat tonite in this dual. Pretty awesome!
  12. I

Airing of Grievances

Luc nailed it. Ditto. Way to summarize
  13. I

Garfield Hts Districts.....

Not so much wrestling related, but there is an old world deli called The Vienna Market literally right across the street from Garfield Heights high school at 4797 Turney Road that has delicious hot corned beef and pastrami sandwiches. you will enjoy stopping over there for food when they clear...
  14. I

State wrestling tournament schedule details

I thought you were going with a Jeff Foxworthy theme there (and you may be right).
  15. I

State wrestling tournament schedule details

If you ever had wrestling practice in a high school cafeteria, any place for the State Tournament is an improvement. Roll off the mat and get a rogue tater tot with ketchup stuck to your face. Seriously though, if they can’t do the raised mats platform “stage” for time or liability reasons, then...
  16. I

Maumee Bay Classic

From what I saw at the JC Gorman finals Ray was winning the match then Neitenbach came on strong late then won it it OT. Kudos to Neitenbach, but Ray can flip that result. Who do I got winning 190? Somebody in your list. Neitenbach because it looks like he has another gear he uses in case of...
  17. I

Beast of the East

bigbeeg: so were you at Barnesville Tournament when Moxley was wrestling?
  18. I

Beast of the East

MPhillips: what is this witchcraft? Whole new level of pot-stirrin’. 😆
  19. I

Beast of the East

Another member above mentioned McCourt Wreckers were at another tournament instead of The Beast. I agree that Barnesville/Beast shouldn’t be compared, but it is in the conversation because they chose to go to The Ironman & Barnesville (for whatever reason) and Not The Beast. Barnesville has...