Search results

1. S

Saturday Updates 3/23 (23-24 Season)

I'm sure they did. I guess I should clarify because it happens so often especially at close games where there is a large/vocal student setting that it's almost the norm and doesn't bother me because usually the opposing student section deserves it. I also wasn't trying to make it an Ignatius...
  2. S

Saturday Updates 3/23 (23-24 Season)

After Ignatius got the steal and slam to clinch the regional final game against Brunswick, one Ignatius player decided to turn around and start waving goodbye to the Brunswick students before heading to the other side where the rest of the team was celebrating. Two games in a row that Ignatius...
  3. S

St. Ignatius basketball 2023-2024

I have been a big proponent of a shot clock at the HS level, but can guarantee it will be ridiculously long once it is finally implemented, probably 45 seconds or more. So outside the fourth quarter, Brunswick played within the limits of a hypothetical shot clock. That being said, I'm not sure...
  4. S

Tuesday, February 13 Final Scores

Medina 75 St. Vincent-St Mary 70 OT
  5. S

Tuesday, February 13 Final Scores

Strongsville 72 Brunswick 39
  6. S

Greater Cleveland Conference

I think Mentor will be in decent shape. The win over East Tech (who appears to be the RPI version of a Harbin cow in football, lol) looks like it bumped them up from I believe 22 to 16 and they have two winnable games this week. Win those and worst case, Mentor stays around where they are (but I...
  7. S

Medina got a big win tonight over Mentor 73-62. The Bees looked a lot better than the couple other times I've seen them. They handled Mentor's press, attacked the rim and controlled the glass. They also were knocking down 3s, something they struggled with at least in the losses to Brunswick and...
  8. S

I saw that Heights outscored Strongsville 45-15 in the second half. That was one heck of an adjustment lol. That was the only league game tonight but in non league play you had: Brunswick 75, Nordonia 57 Norwayne 55, Medina 52 (Norwayne played Medina to the wire last year and hit a buzzer...
  9. S

Does anybody know if there will be a stream of tonight's Brunswick-Mentor game? I have a feeling with the way Mentor wants to get up and down and Brunswick being a team that can also play at that pace that this will be a fun game to watch on top of being for all intents and purposes a chance...
  10. S

Strongsville 60, Shaker 52
  11. S

DI Northeast District

It's easy to pick apart the system because it's pretty bad, but there are going to be some interesting decisions during the draw. For example, if Strongsville stays at No. 5 and Brunswick at No. 6, I think that Brunswick would forego the top seed in whatever district hasn't been selected and...
  12. S

In the other two GCC games: Cleveland Heights 55 Medina 54 Brunswick 82 Euclid 61 Heights had a 55-51 lead late and Medina hit a 3 with 20 seconds left and then stole the inbound. They called TO with 7 seconds left but turned the ball over and fouled. Heights missed both but there was only...
  13. S

Mentor 114 Strongsville 100 Cardz, were you there? From looking at the updates from X, seems like a huge 3rd quarter by Mentor was the difference. Crazy that Mentor had exactly 57 points in each half while Strongsville had 51 and 49.
  14. S

Shaker has fallen off compared to a couple years ago, but they still are decent, with a win over Glenville and no real bad loss before tonight. And losing to Mentor isn't exactly a bad loss, though losing by 25-plus is somewhat surprising. Euclid, for that matter, also isn't horrible and they...
  15. S

Strongsville beat Medina 72-64 in OT. I didn't realize this thread existed until a second ago, but Strongsville being vastly improved shouldn't be a surprise. They returned 11 of 12 from last year (though still missing Nolan Beard).
  16. S

Elyria’s Coach Fox steps down

Hmm, I wonder if Chase Farris goes for the EHS position again after getting passed over for it for Fox a year ago.
  17. S

Brunswick hires Kole Carter as HC

This one was way off the radar. Looks like he beat out 27 other applicants. I don't follow Southeast Ohio football so can't say I ever heard of him before, but looking it up it seems like he could be a big-time up-and-comer. He's 26 years old and already has two years of varsity coaching...
  18. S

Berea-Midpark vs. Strongsville incident/ramifications

Also what exactly is the allure to playing a varsity game in that gym (outside they made a movie there 40 years ago)? That gym looks like Eastern Heights MS in Elyria lol.
  19. S

I get that but there was nothing flagrant in this game. This is a tough one because I think the ref completely went overboard, but doesn't sound like the teams would have played paddy cakes if the game went on. I'll go back to playing the game in Indiana. Local refs probably could have played...
  20. S

I'm not defending Berea but there was not anything flagrant from what I saw from the video posted. It was, if anything, should have been a warning. Maybe the potential for escalation (on top of a T happy ref) was why the Berea administration thought it was best to pull the team. But really...