Search results

1. T

What has happened to the State Tournament

The quality of the girls wrestling will improve...give it time. According to the latest FLO Rankings, there were 11 Nationally ranked wrestlers competing on the girls side (one division) vs 19 competing on the boys side (3 divisions): 100- Makennah Craft 5th- State Champion 100 100- Riley Banyas...
  2. T

Kettering Fairmont District Predications

Kettering District appeared way down this year! Can't fault Josh for the facts. Problem will just get worse if things don't change. Ten years ago the kids all got together in the same room at least 3 nights a week to get some good live matches. (Not "technique"...Just solid live matches) Iron...
  3. T

New Ohio HS Girls Rankings

Having had multiple sons wrestle both OHSAA HS BOYS DI and DII, and in some years WIN on that big stage that many of you are referencing above, I feel like I may be able to add a little more context to the conversation. 4 of our sons wrestled at the Schott, 2 of them multiple state champs (DI...
  4. T

No Ohio Girls Freestyle U14 or Junior Duals teams??

I doubt that’s the reason, I have yet to see a Girls version of “Team Ohio” entered in any tournaments this year. Whoever is the director of the Women’s USA Wrestling program in Ohio may need some help it appears? I know a few that are willing to step up and volunteer!
  5. T

No Ohio Girls Freestyle U14 or Junior Duals teams??

USA National Junior duals and U14 duals are taking place currently in Oklahoma and Ohio is not represented. There are 21 teams competing in the Junior division and 6 in the U14. Do we not have enough girls in our state to fill teams? If we are trying to sanction the sport in Ohio for girls, one...