Search results

1. westa-k-ron1

Friday Updates 3/22 (23-24 Season)

Can someone explain to me why or how RH was nationally ranked?
  2. westa-k-ron1

Saturday, March 16 Final Scores

It’s not NW Ohio.
  3. westa-k-ron1

Summit County Basketball 2023-24

Will they be in their new conference next year for Basketball?
  4. westa-k-ron1

Opting Up to Division I Among Referendum Items Approved for Spring Vote

I don't see the upside in opting up other than to impress a bunch of yahoos like us. Very few people in the real world care if their local high school is winning a D1 or D3 state championship.
  5. westa-k-ron1

Recruiting our Middle School players...stay away

Historic powerhouse Norton is being poached!
  6. westa-k-ron1

Darryn Peterson now of Huntington Prep First Ever High School NIL Athlete for Adidas

Good for DP and any other athlete who can take advantage of these financial opportunities. We wouldn't bat an eye if he were a Swimmer, Golfer, or Soccer player. The feigned outrage is saved for Football and Basketball players.
  7. westa-k-ron1

Rocky River at Mansfield at Rocky River

It's not, it's how you described it. Not perfect, and with issues that come with deindustrialization. It's violent crime rate is 4 times lower than Cleveland, a third of the violent crime rate in Canton and about half that of Akron.
  8. westa-k-ron1

Saturday Finals (9/30/23)

No it's not. It's the Akron East Dragons now and has been for a while .
  9. westa-k-ron1

STVM 23-24

Due to the tax evasion or something more sinister?
  10. westa-k-ron1

2023 Glenville Football

Isn't Glenville's district the whole City of Cleveland?
  11. westa-k-ron1

All Time Summit County Team

No, I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If that's the case, we can add all the great players that played for the Cavs when they played at the Richfield Coliseum.
  12. westa-k-ron1

He played all 4 years at St.V. Therefore he's not a transfer.
  13. westa-k-ron1

Yes, he's originally from Columbus. While recent he would need to be on the list recently, having won State Championships, being named Mr. Basketball, Big Ten Freshman of the Year, and showing the promise of having a successful NBA Career.
  14. westa-k-ron1

This list is pretty insane when you start 2 Hall of Famers, the NBA's all-time leading scorer and one of the greatest players ever. You add in very productive and decorated pros in Robertson and Posey, and if you're making a starting 5, you run out of room quickly.
  15. westa-k-ron1

He had a long and productive NBA career, he certainly would be on a short list to be on this team.
  16. westa-k-ron1

Ironic thing about Richmond Heights !

Then start you own High School Athletic Association where the only schools in it exist in complete isolation from other high schools and any kid that moves for any reason isn't allowed to participate in sports. This is what freedom in the US looks like.
  17. westa-k-ron1

Ed Choice hands Richmond Heights D4 basketball title

I agree, and I think it's silly to try and move Richmond Heights...or whatever school gets hot in Boy's Basketball for a few years to another division.
  18. westa-k-ron1

And they dominate and beat higher Division schools...so move them up, right?
  19. westa-k-ron1

Thank you! The fact that people want to change the whole system when Richmond Heights exists in Boys Basketball but not when a Kirtland exists in Football is mind-boggling.