Search results

1. S

OHIO’s ALL-TIME GREAT HS MILER LISTS

well kudo’s to xcrunner69 and ram on for updating this project of mine. All eyes are appreciated as it’s hard to keep up with this stuff! You hear a lot about super shoes being responsible for the latest rash of sub 4’s and while it is true these shoes will shave off time compared to runners...
  2. S

Arjun Jha (3:59.24) becomes our 32nd sub-4 miler! Congratulations, Arjun!
  3. S

CLUTE RUNS 17:02

Olmsted Falls standout, Katie Clute ran 17:02 in winning the Seneca East Stars, Stripes, and Lights meet yesterday. Her main competition came from last years 8th place finisher at the State CC meet, Evelyn Prodoehl of Lakota West. Clute went out in 5:12 and Prodoehl was already well back...
  4. S

Elizabeth Whaley 4:49.11(now 4:39.71 All-Time State & Cincy record @ Regional)

I'm sure many of you know this, but some of the viewers may not, but this was a one mile race. The 1600 conversion foe Whaley is 4:41.82 and for Clute 4:44.91. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this very well could be the fastest dual finish in one race by Ohio girls ever. Anyone know...
  5. S

Amazing quadruple by Katie Clute

Good point. Doing it on the biggest stage is impressive, to say the least. But for me, my protocol for judging was based solely on quality of performance. “Best quadruple”, regardless of venue. For me, if someone had run 2:14, 4:50, 2:12, and 10:30 in a dual meet on a Tuesday in April, they...
  6. S

In your reply to another poster, regarding the All-Time record for 1600/mile for Ohio girls….I did not think your comment was negative in any way. You were just stating facts. It didn’t take anything away from anyone’s performance. I, for one, appreciate your insights, especially when it comes...
  7. S

Amazing quadruple by Katie Clute

Wow, Whaley is crazy talented! For sure. She’s like Emily Infeld. Emily undoubtedly could have pulled off a similar quadruple as Clute, but she rarely ran the 3200. She ran 4 x 4 instead. Like Elizabeth did. In fact I looked on Milesplit and it looks like Whaley never runs the 3200. It’s just...
  8. S

I noticed on Mile Split that she hasn't run a XC or track State Meet since sophomore year. Is it because of injuries (I would suspect)?
  9. S

Successful miling by former ohio champs!

Gofast.edu wrote...The kid from St. X Nathan Mountain ran 3:40 last week as a freshman. A matter of time before he breaks 4. I agree. Just a matter of time. He has the advantage of great talent plus great coaching. Vin Lananna and Trevor Dunbar form a fantastic coaching tandem for Nathan. But...
  10. S

Ohio schoolboys who have gone on to break 4 minutes for one mile

I agree. Just a matter of time. He has the advantage of great talent plus great coaching. Vin Lananna and Trevor Dunbar form a fantastic coaching tandem for Nathan. But even tho a sub-4 mile is more common these days than back in the day, it"s still a significant achievement, and never a...
  11. S

COLBY AND SAM AT THE USA INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS My post (above) on the latest US rankings, forgot to mention Colby and Sam and their efforts at the USA indoor Championships at the end of February in Spokane, WA. Colby went in as a favorite to make the World team based on his previous indoor...
  12. S

COLBY AND SAM AT THE USA INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS My post (above) on the latest US rankings, forgot to mention Colby and Sam and their efforts at the USA indoor Championships at the end of February in Spokane, WA. Colby went in as a favorite to make the World team based on his previous indoor...
  13. S

ALEXANDER AND PRAKEL IN THE TOP ECHELON OF U.S. 1500/MILE RANKINGS World Athletics is the organization responsible for all rankings in the sport of track & field. They use a scoring system that awards points for performances. The points you are awarded are based on the quality of your effort...
  14. S

ALEXANDER AND PRAKEL IN THE TOP ECHELON OF U.S. 1500/MILE RANKINGS World Athletics is the organization responsible for all rankings in the sport of track & field. They use a scoring system that awards points for performances. The points you are awarded are based on the quality of your effort...
  15. S

You sir, are correct! Estwanik was 9th overall in 3:43.03. He had a banner year in 2004. That was also the year he first broke 4:00 for the mile…Thank you for the heads-up!
  16. S

Here is the updated list of top milers in Ohio History: UPDATED 2/4/22 TOP MILERS IN OHIO HISTORY 1) Tom Byers 3:50.84 run in 1982 2) Sam Prakel 3:50.94 run in 2019 (indoor) ** Currently #7 All-Time performer in US indoor history 3) Clayton Murphy 3:51.99 run in 2017 4)Colby Alexander 3:52.84...
  17. S

revised 3/19/22 TOP 1500 RUNNERS IN OHIO HISTORY... UPDATED 3/19/22 (All sub 3:37 runners) 1) Colby Alexander 3:33.65 run in 2021 ...converts to 3:50.74 mile and currently18th fastest performer in US history. 2) Rob Myers 3:34.89 run in 2005 3) Cory Leslie 3:34.93 run in 2013 4) Jeff See...
  18. S

OHIO SCHOOLBOYS WHO HAVE GONE ON TO BREAK FOUR MINUTES FOR ONE MILE UPDATED 2/5/23 (Athlete, race year, who they were running for at the time of their sub 4, Ohio HS they competed for) 1. Bob Schul 1964 Miami (Milton-Union) 2. Dave Wottle 1970 BGSU (Canton Lincoln) 3. Reggie McAfee 1973...
  19. S

**OHIO SCHOOLBOYS WHO HAVE GONE ON TO BREAK FOUR MIN FOR ONE MILE **TOP 1500 IN OHIO HISTORY **TOP MILERS IN OHIO HISTORY I have these lists included in two different threads..”Ohio Schoolboys who have gone on to break four minutes for one mile”, and “Successful milling by former Ohio champs”...