Search results

1. EagleGuy

Phrases you detest?

From a technical report writing class I took twenty-five moons ago: "exact same" was noted as an unnecessary redundancy. ;) I understand the intent but, something can be exact or it can be the same. Or, it can be nearly exact or nearly the same. Simply "exact" or "same" suffices. Stop it...
  2. EagleGuy

What Movies Did You Watch in September 2022?

Whistling in the Dark (1941) - I must have missed the whistling. Red Skelton. Slapstick. Imagine that. I fondly remember Red's nearly twenty year long run on tv, but did not know he started in radio (ten years) and movies (30). Shouldn't have been a suprise, I guess. Also, a painter, iirc...
  3. EagleGuy

Top Ten TV Shows

The Jerry Springer Show Hogan's Heroes Hee Haw Honeys The PTL Club Babewatch Howard Stern Homeboys in Outer Space The Flying Nun The Ropers Barney & Friends No honorable mentions.
  4. EagleGuy

Memes, funny picture thread

True dat. The last day of Summer it was 90 here in the Old North State. The next day the high was 70. Low at or below 55.
  5. EagleGuy

Hurricane Ian

As they are saying, this appears to be the real deal. I understand the brunt of the storm spared Tampa, hitting the area to the south of it. A brother lives in Ocala (Orlando area) so he will probably get some heavy wind and rain. Ian will come our way Friday; football games moved up one day.
  6. EagleGuy

Youngstown area pick ‘em week 7

Fitch Beaver Local Harding Mooney Champion Chaney Howland Girard Hubbard Mineral Ridge Jefferson Lisbon McDonald South Range Salem Springfield Ursuline JFK West branch Pymatuning Valley Alliance
  7. EagleGuy

I believe you missed picking the Harding game. Cheers!

I believe you missed picking the Harding game. Cheers!
  8. EagleGuy

Hubbard at Jefferson week 6

I believe two or three of Jefferson's penalties came later in the game. Maybe, Hubbard's just seemed like more because they hurt more. Much more. I dunno.
  9. EagleGuy

Money Saving Tips

Dave Ramsey tip: dry off your razor after use with a blow dryer, then stand it up. I (carefully) use tissue and stand it up for a day or so. The water/moisture is what dulls the blades. I can use the same five-blade for six months or more with good results.
  10. EagleGuy

2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

Denzel Ward!!! 🤪
  11. EagleGuy

What Movies Did You Watch in September 2022?

The Hucksters (1947) A we don't need money as long as we have each other film, starring Clark Gable and Deborah Kerr. Clark loves Deb while stringing along Ava Gardner before giving Ava up to Purplemojo. Everyone ends up happy. 5.5/8.0.
  12. EagleGuy

Memes, funny picture thread

I don't often channel surf but, when I do I'll pause on mtv sometimes to see the video that killed the radio star.
  13. EagleGuy

Phrases you detest?

As in entitlted?
  14. EagleGuy

YOUNGSTOWN AREA PICK EM WEEK 6

Massillon Beaver Local Benedictine Brookfield Liberty Canfield Mooney Garfield Lisbon South Range Howland Hubbard Newton Falls Struthers Mineral Ridge Poland Alliance JFK SVSM Ursuline
  15. EagleGuy

2022 Cincinnati Bengals

Knotted up.
  16. EagleGuy

Struthers at Hubbard week 5

He was in a boot at the game. Maybe, just a precaution.
  17. EagleGuy

NE8 season thread

Yes, there was nothing there on most of those carries, including the td run until..... Very exciting!
  18. EagleGuy

College Football 2022-2023

Well, they did have pink hankies.
  19. EagleGuy

Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

TD TC Caffey. I don't think he was happy about being stuffed on the previous play. No homer here. lol