Search results

1. F

D7 R25 2022

A couple of observations. It is good to see Champion playing us every year. Most area schools, for whatever reason, still harbor grudges against JFK and refuse to compete against the Eagles. Western Reserve may be the latest example. However, it is good to see CCC remains an annual opponent...
  2. F

D7 R25 2022

I thought I’d point out an interesting factoid for this group: When I was a student at JFK we had football, boys basketball, boys tennis and boys golf. That’s it, just four sports offered. Nothing for girls. Athletics have certainly evolved over the years since my high school days.
  3. F

Division VII State Championship: Maria Stein Marion Local (15-0) vs. Newark Catholic (14-1)

Let’s not shortchange this school’s athletic prowess. In addition to their football championships the Flyers have also garnered 3 boys basketball titles, 1 girls title and 5 volleyball crowns. Not bad, huh?
  4. F

Division VII State Semifinal: Warren John F. Kennedy (10-2) vs. Newark Catholic (13-1)

congratulations to Newark Catholic from your friends at Warren JFK. You face a tall order next week against MSML, but this is why they play the game. Good luck Green Wave!
  5. F

D7 R25

If I remember correctly from the Hudl days you’re a JFK guy, but also an objective high school fan. I agree that Marion Local is the overwhelming favorite to take home the DVII crown. That said, the game still has to be played.
  6. F

D7 R25

is there a reason you cannot mention their names?
  7. F

D7 R25

Yeah, it was. Theodore’s.
  8. F

D7 R25

My senior year at JFK we were winless. Very poor recruiting ?
  9. F

Dalton vs JFK

In high school sports tradition counts for much. No disrespect to Dalton intended, but Kennedy has the edge here. Admittedly, I haven’t seen Dalton play and, as a JFK graduate I am biased. This promises to be a close game with the winner being the team that makes the fewest mistakes. I’ll...
  10. F

Dalton vs JFK

I’m a JFK guy and I’ve posted about sportsmanship in the past. Some people may believe such thinking is outdated and it’s okay to take shots at opposing teams, fans and officials. Some posters on here have taken me to task for stating that, but I let it go. I don’t know Jaws and I won’t judge...
  11. F

D7 R25

What the hell, you’re on a roll.
  12. F

D7 R25

Does anyone know if the JFK game will be streamed?
  13. F

D7 R25

A friend of mine from Steubenville Catholic Central warned me about Toronto before we played them the first time. He said SCC played them frequently and Toronto played dirty football. He added that their coach encouraged such antics. I saw both playoff games back then and there is no doubt...
  14. F

D7 R25

You and I are on opposite ends with this topic. We’ll have to agree to disagree on this issue.
  15. F

D7 R25

Apologies accepted. LOL.
  16. F

D7 R25

I’ll never understand the comments about whose team is not very good or which ones are overrated. To me, this is just being disrespectful to high school kids and the schools they represent. I am undoubtedly the oldest (in my seventies) Warren JFK fan on this site so yeah, I’m old school...
  17. F

D7 R25

JFK should easily take care of Monroeville, but both Cuyahoga Hts. and St. Paul are tough matchups for my Eagles. I also would add that Dalton v. Lucas, assuming both teams get there, might be the best game prior to the title contest.
  18. F

D7 R25

Pretty poor of the Warren Tribune not to cover the JFK game against Southeast. My God, it was played in the next county over, not exactly a long trip From Warren!
  19. F

D7 R25

This is JFK’s Homecoming Week…..and with no football game.
  20. F

St. Thomas cancelling games now

One school that comes to mind is Mansfield St. Peter. They’ve had terrific basketball teams over the years, but they do not field a football team.