Search results

1. B

District Brackets are posted

Look people I am not a participant award parent. The fact is that Ohio is one of the top 5 states for wrestling in the country. To make it up to state is an awesome accomplishment. Not everyone can win or will ever place but I can't tell you how many proud kids I have seen that announce they...
  2. B

District Brackets are posted

True 4th is silly not to have. That would make everything legit.
  3. B

Program "recovering" post Covid

The fact that you come on here asking for advice is just too amazing for words. Most people would not humble themselves like that, which shows you truly care. The world needs a lot more people like you. The impact you have on these kids has got to be pretty special. Wrestling is a struggle...
  4. B

Districts

I've seen like 32 mats at the TOC. Could easily get a district or a state tournament done in a day except for that pesky matches limit requirement. Separate into two sessions and boom you are done.
  5. B

Districts

Brain Fart ~ I think I actually get it now. Since it is held at a high school then school would be in session during the day. So doing two sessions (one Thursday night and one Friday night) makes a little more sense now. If you want to do two days maybe you run weights 106-126 from start to...
  6. B

2021 Boro Fan Almanac

You are the man. Thanks for all of the effort and time you put into this. Gives us something nitpick apart as parents, coaches and fans. It also gives the wrestlers something to try to attain. I often hear them mention the rankings. Amazing some of the numbers you have listed for accuracy.
  7. B

Districts

Seriously stop using the excuse of "its better than not having one". Drives me nuts hearing the excuses from everyone these days. Is it better then last year with it being canceled. Yes of course it is. Does that mean everyone should get a free pass for doing things half way because it was a...
  8. B

D1 Kettering Fairmont District

Ok that is fair. The way you worded it confused me. In the past it has been a very loaded weight class for Southwest Ohio. However, it was always top heavy. Hopefully everyone gets out of sectionals and districts healthy so maybe SW can surprise some people on the podiums.
  9. B

Districts

You made a great point about work for the coaches as well missing more days. I just don't like that it is different from the other districts and seems to be an unfair advantage to the lighter weights from SW Ohio. Of course life is not fair but I feel like this is a controlled situation that...
  10. B

I find it amusing you picked out 106, when a few other weights have less ranked wrestlers with some not having anyone with a ranking above 11. I'm not going to point out other weight classes because that is not fair to those kids, parents or coaches. Anyone on these list, in my humble opinion...
  11. B

Maybe you could give some more indepth information on why you think that is. I know for a fact a couple of these weak 106 pounders has been wrestling up in weight class to challenge the studs at 113 and 120 and holding their own even up north!
  12. B

Bracket Draws for Districts and State

Is it already noted how the brackets will align for districts? Like which district gets the top spot on the brakcets or is that determined after sectionals? Just figured they had to have some sort of rotation or something year after year. Thanks,
  13. B

Hollis is a very good wrestler. Same can be said for everyone on that list. Lot of very good wrestlers on that list. I just think Spaulding and Cochran are Excellent wrestlers but they fall one notch below the Stud wrestlers (aka top 6) Going to be some very good close matches at 113...
  14. B

Yeah I think Mitchell has that 113 weight class under control even though it won't be easy for him. Spots 2-4 are up in the air though. All 8 of those ranked kids could finish in the top 4. Would be interesting to see Cochran or Spaulding up at 113. I think either one of them would take the...
  15. B

SW D1 District Tournament - WHAT?????

Whatever scratch is ... it should be the same for all weights.
  16. B

I believe this is the only D1 district that is doing this. Consistency should be the goal here across the Districts. Equal playing field across the state.
  17. B

So using Borofans rankings here is a quick list of whose who. To keep the weght classes balanced I just did the top 30 for all weight classes and it is very possible I missed a couple of wrestlers because I did this super quick. Some classes are deep with 9 ranked wrestlers like 106 but not...
  18. B

How about the more important point that they will be missing two days of school as well. This is just stupid. Covid numbers are going down. Just do it like normal but with sessions. Tournaments are still going on people.
  19. B

District ranker! Where are you?

I will personally pay for a dozen bills doughnuts from the Columbus area.
  20. B

Thank you Clinton Massie

I would also like to second youngmanmom on what she said. It was very classy for Clinton Massie to step into the vacated spot. We all know that scheduling is crazy right now and things happen so it was awesome CM was able to step in. It also shows that they are seeking out good competition...