Search results

1. P

What's going on over at LaSalle?

Id say both. Seton basically mirrors Elder's drawing power now. The closing of Mercy really devasted traditional Mercy families. They have zero allegiance to McAuley and many more are choosing Seton and Ursula. Visitation was likely the top traditional feeder to Mercy, but McAuley attracts...
  2. P

What's going on over at LaSalle?

I’m told Mercy Mcaulay is considerably below 100 for next year (freshman).The good news is if you are one of those girls, the school should have $$$ for you. The bad news is, a few more years like this, and they won’t have a school.
  3. P

Elder Baseball 2021

I was told today the OH 2nd baseman was an Elder transfer and said "See Ya" as he was making what he thought was the final put-out of the game. If you re-watch the highlights, you can hear many Elder players yelling "See ya" once the game was over in jest. It's all in good fun and what a...
  4. P

Mark Miller & Peyton Ramsey Podcast

Elder fans will really enjoy this. You can tell each still has a strong affinity for Elder and the impact it had on them. Near then end, Peyton mentions a big GCL game carried the same emotion/feel as playing at any of the big-time college venues he has also experienced.
  5. P

Incoming Freshman Class

Don't take this as exact, but the incoming class sizes at Seton since Mercy closed its doors are approximately as follows... 190 for 2021 (expected current 8th graders) 165 for 2020 (current freshman) 155 for 2019 (current sophomores) 150 for 2018 (current juniors) 135 for 2017 (current...
  6. P

Elder Basketball 2020-2021

Thanks. I had no idea Keehan fouled out. At one point in the 4th the fouls were 8 to 1 in favor of Centerville and then 10-2. The refs then called 3 BS calls to make it not look so extreme.
  7. P

Centerville pressure defense was the difference in the 2nd half. Elder could not handle it. They pushed Elder's offense so far out, it kept Elder from getting looks. Elder coaches did not adjust. CVille had NO ANSWER for Larkins, but Elder did not make any effort to get him the ball. Never...
  8. P

Incoming Freshman Class

I've no idea on that one.
  9. P

I find myself saying this nearly every year with Elder basketball, but I really do feel like no matter what happens against Centerville, this season was a success. This team deserved more of a following and support but given the uncertainty around COVID, just having a season has been a plus...
  10. P

If Elder shoots it like they can, they will win. If they are average from three, they lose. How is Centerville defensively? How many did Moe score against them?
  11. P

GMC 20-21 Basketball

Down year for the league no doubt.
  12. P

I'd guess no. He has been teaching at Fairfield for 20 years.
  13. P

Not a surprise. Good for him. With the proximity to Moeller (and X, Mason, etc.) I'm not sure how successful long-term anyone can be at Sycamore but Austing is a great coach. I hope Elder hasn't burned to many bridges and he considers taking over for Joe some day soon.
  14. P

Incoming Freshman Class

I’ve no idea the validity of the following but this is Yappi so it should fit perfect on this board... I’m told LaSalle’s defensive coordinator (8th grade son going to Elder) will now not be returning next year. Could be LaSalle told him the optics was such a bad look they had to make a change...
  15. P

Biden reneges on campaign promise.

Biden is not making it four years. He is not mentally fit to be president. I think the far right are just as crazy as the far left. I do not believe people "fell for" Biden's campaign promises, just like I do not believe people "fell for" Trumps. Voting for Biden had nothing to do with...
  16. P

Incoming Freshman Class

Yes, Visi is getting smaller. Going from 100 kids per grade and dropping to 60-70 in some classes. LaSalle D Coordinators kid wants to try for QB and the LaSalle head coach's kid has that position locked up. Elder is very excited to have him.
  17. P

Incoming Freshman Class

200 is good. That should be the target goal each year. It's going to be more challenging b/c Visi (after this year) will be sending 15-20 less kids to Elder each year. Hopefully Elder continues to fill the gaps with an increased presence from public school kids. Also, I'm told Ignatius is...
  18. P

During back to back trips down the floor early in the game, Browne hit a 3 and then ran the court for an athletic layup in full stride.
  19. P

6 three pointers in the first quarter. I believe it was 10-13 at the half from three. Team can flat-out shoot it, but good teams won't leave 'em open. Gets harder from here on out. Nice to see Busam and Browne contributing. Future is bright for this team.
  20. P

Moeller AD

My bigger question is “What was he doing there in the first place?”