Search results

1. H

Howland Duals 2/12/22- Looking for teams

Easy enough- Weigh-ins at 9:00 and wrestling to start at 10:30.
  2. H

Howland Duals 2/12/22- Looking for teams

Howland High School in NE Ohio (Trumbull County) is looking to add 5 teams to a Dual event on 2/12/22. Weigh-ins at 10am with wrestling starting at noon. Please contact matthew.zakrajsek@howlandschools.org if you're interested.
  3. H

Weight Question

Ok great. thank you
  4. H

Weight Question

Let's say a kid at 106 wants to go 113 for the sectional tournament. He has never weighed-in at 113 but has wrestled that weight in a dual 1. Would he have to make scratch? or 2. Would he get the growth allowance for being under that weight already? It would make sense for him to get the 2...
  5. H

Deadline for Alpha and Hydration Testing

From Tyler Brooks "The assessment period ends on January 15, 2021. If you school has paused athletic activity and you are concerned that you will not be able to have your team assessed prior to the January 15 deadline, please email me! I will work with you to extend the deadline to get your...
  6. H

County Shutdowns? Please no politics

Trumbull County has shutdown athletics till at least 12/22. No practice/no completion. Have any other counties done the same?
  7. H

DI Girls High Jump Question

Heard they are taking top 4- plus 2 best heights to State. Anyone know who the bonus DI state qualifiers are for Girls High Jump?
  8. H

Proper "Wrestling Culture"

The term Culture has increased in popularity over the years. In sports it is defined as "The way we do things around here". I am curious if any programs can put their "Culture" into words or give their opinion of the perfect "Wrestling Culture"- does this "Culture" stay consistent from youth...
  9. H

Event Cancellations? 1/18 and 1/19

Curious how many events will be canceled this weekend due to weather. Or projected weather
  10. H

2nd Annual Dave Whisler’s Memorial Camp

https://goo.gl/forms/V5vIFfF4szazZCeB2 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. H

Subfloor for wrestling mats?

My program has recently purchased new mats for the practice room (1-1/4" resilite classic mats). We had previously used two layers of 1" mats. I was curious if any programs have a subfloor, Pros and Cons and construction ideas. Thank you
  12. H

Camp w/ Kyle Conel, Matt Hill and lunch for $40

Howland Wrestling (NE Ohio) will be hosting a One Day - Two Session commuter camp with Kent State University on May 19th. Matt Hill (Associate Head Coach) and Kyle Conel (All-American) will be counseling the sessions. The cost is $40 and includes lunch. Camp Flyer...
  13. H

FREE Camp in NE Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. H

Two Day Folkstyle Camp for $50 (Northeast Ohio)

Howland High School (Warren, Ohio) will be hosting a two day commuter camp May 19th and 20th. Camp Clinicians: The Kent State Coaching Staff Friday: Session 1 5:00pm-9:00pm Saturday: Session 2 9:00am-12:30pm Session 3 1:30pm-5:00pm Camp Groups (Incoming)...