Search results

1. M

A little bragging

Picking up where she left off last year as #1 in the world in the 200 indoors.
  2. M

Lancaster Bob Reall Invitational

I just wanted to give Lancaster some recognition for a very well organized and operated meet. They obviously put a lot of thought and effort into the planning. Areas were spectators were not allowed were clearly roped off, while allowing spectators access to more of the course to spread out and...
  3. M

Teams looking for meets

I want to start this thread to help teams looking for meets to connect. We (Dublin Coffman) had all but two invitationals we were going to canceled, and the dual meet we scheduled to replace one of them in order to give all the kids a chance to run got canceled due to lightning. We are currently...
  4. M

(Indoor) Track clubs on north side of Columbus

Does anyone know of any indoor track clubs in Columbus, preferably on the north side? I know a couple of CCS athletes looking for a team, and both live on the north side.
  5. M

Annoyance about event schedule for regional and state meet

Is anyone else bothered by the time schedule for the 4x200 for the regional and state meets? With the girls getting five minutes between the start of the 100 and the start of the 4x200? We have had an athlete in the open girls 100 for 8 of the 9 times we had a 4x200 relay in the regional this...
  6. M

Why heat winners need to advance

Tonight our #1 100 dash kid ran in the third heat, win his heat by a half second, but a huge wind came up for that heat and he ended up ninth and not in finals even though he was seeded #1.
  7. M

Buckeyes 4th at NCAA Meet

Congratulations to the Ohio State women for their 4th place finish. And in particular to Julia Rizk (mile) and Sade Olatoye (weight throw) for their national titles.
  8. M

Buckeye women win the Big Ten

The OSU women won the Big Ten Indoor Championship today, with 112 points to runner-up IU's 83. The Buckeyes scored across a wide variety of events to win the title. I would like to particularly congratulate Sade Olatoye for winning both the weight throw and the shot put.
  9. M

Steiner runs a 23.23

Abby Steiner ran a 23.23 in the 200 dash tonight. Unfortunately no wind gauge. We will have one of Saturday. Hoping for good weather. You can see the flag showing the (lack of)2i d. Sorry for the crappy video quality, but I was busy with hurdle moving and other hosting the meet duties...
  10. M

Sade Olatoye

For those of us who are XC coaches it is sometimes easy to be down on Ohio State. But the past couple weeks one of my former athletes, OSU alum Rachel Weber, began her pro career as an 800 runner. Another, current OSU thrower Sade Olatoye, just broke her own school record (by over a Meyer) with...
  11. M

Track on Grass?

How much different are XC courses now than back in the day? That question was rolling through my head on a drive this weekend. It started rolling around there because of the discussion about the BG golf course. There are relatively very few XC courses on golf courses these days compared to 30-40...
  12. M

Pole Vault Coach

If anyone knows of someone in the Dublin/Columbus area interested in pole vault coaching please send me a PM.
  13. M

Anna Watson, National Champion

Congratulations to Anna Watson of Olentangy Orange for her national championship in the pole vault. (13' 9" / 4.19 meters) Great performance and great career.
  14. M

Need an official for April 11

We lost our starter for our dual meet on Tuesday April 11 at Dublin Coffman HS (against Dublin Scioto). Any officials out there want to pick up a meet? It is being timed by TimingFirst and clerked by me, so it should be a pretty straight forward gig.
  15. M

Anyone leaving early?

Any coaches planning on leaving early from the meet (have boys only and leaving after race) who might have a bib they could pass along? Trying to get another for my assistant coach (in girls D1). I would be more than happy to mail it back to you after.
  16. M

Clayton Murphy

Bronze for Murphy!
  17. M

Girls D1 4x200 prelim

It's a long shot, but does anyone here have a video of the girls D1 4x200 relay prelim (heat 1) tonight, or know anyone who might? The teams involved were Coffman Warren Harding Withdraw Lakota West Stivers Reynoldsburg St. Joseph Academy Northland Thanks for any help you can provide.
  18. M

Gary Smith Invitational

Thanks to Thomas Worthington for hosting another successful Gary Smith Invitational. In spite of light but steady rain and cool temps the meet went off in good time.
  19. M

Coffman boys run 7:45.27 to win!

Usually don't like to brag, but never coached national champs befor
  20. M

Pickerington North Invitational

A few quick impressions, after noting that the course was in the best shape I have seen, and we have been at this meet and the regional here since the school opened. The first is that Liberty seems to have a pretty tough front three for the girls. Jerome looked goods swell. I did not really get...