Search results

1. F

Millersport 2021

I simply see a myriad of practical issues related to a joint FC/FCA team proposal. The philosophical/cultural issues may or may not exist, but the fact is, a "joint" team is just is not going to happen. If somehow you made that work, even the the "joint" team plays all Canadian- and Columbus...
  2. F

Springfield Catholic Central Coaching Vacancy

Wishing SCC good luck in getting the program back on the rails. Have been kvetching about Fisher Catholic's football future in a separate thread. 26 on the roster this year, but 13 were seniors. Two years of PO's and solid play. And yet facing 13 returnees immediately after. The "news"...
  3. F

Fisher Catholic Football after 2019

Sports is not the primary mission. But sports, and for me football in particular, are or should be a part of achieving the mission of getting our kids ready for the world, within a Christian-based education. Maybe those 2 things are mutually exclusive at a small school in today's world. I...
  4. F

My issue has been the disconnect between all 3 Lancaster parishes and FC all these years. FC is not THE next CATHOLIC school - it's just out their waiting. I just don't get it; maybe the change in pastors at St B of 2 years ago will start a change there. And maybe you are right, it won't...
  5. F

What will drive those families (or yours) to move to Lancaster (or thereabouts)? I say "move" because the real estate taxes don't change without a move, and there is that $7,000+ tuition bill for FC on top. So there needs to be that SOMETHING(S) to get them to either move their residence or...
  6. F

A. Agree on football being a way to break the mold - but that's true at Hartley, or anywhere other than maybe X, Eds, etc.... If you are one of the 30 freshmen (or even 10), if there is a freshman and/or JV team, the "grind" is more tolerable for the freshmen group, whether at Hartley or at...
  7. F

All good points, Dock, good discussion. I'm not sure there is enough time to figure out which is the "best" approach. The more relevant question, based on current numbers coming back to FC's roster and no 8th grader from SMS having played football this past year (now 4 years running), seems...
  8. F

Thanks dnis30, you make a great point. Tying your point into the FC situation, unless/until peewee happens within the FC family, there will not be a groundswell of demand from parents for a football team at SMS middle school. Unfortunately, my take is that the SMS administration has no...
  9. F

In posting on the FC/HP game, I wanted to be upbeat about a very solid 2019 season - because it was every bit solid. However, I also started to post about future years - and decided a separate thread was more appropriate. Maybe too early, and do not want to take away from 2019's...
  10. F

Harvest Prep (9-1) vs Fisher Catholic (8-2)

Good year, at times great year, for the Irish. Congrats to the boys! IMO they showed they belonged on the field with Lucas and HP. They were fun to watch all year. They lost both of those "big" games handily on the scoreboard, but they were not physically embarrassed or outclassed - they...
  11. F

#8 vs. #1 Seed Upsets

Agree with both statements. 8 seems about right - 12/16 not so much. The 14% winning percentage for 8th seeds is just enough to make that worthwhile, and you need that in order to get the 7, 6 & 5 seeds in - with 24%, 31% and 43% winning percentages, those games clearly matter. Yes, there...
  12. F

#8 vs. #1 Seed Upsets

"The keys, as always: win the turnover battle..." Well, you certainly hit the nail on the head Dock - FC lost that battle too early and too often. Not sure it would have made a difference in the ultimate outcome, but it sure hurt to have the game essentially over early. Good year for the...
  13. F

Playoff attendance

Agree, the football played on the field at D-3 level is actually quite good, other than limited speed. The players, however, create the atmosphere. It is a bit different to hear 19-22 year olds getting juiced, rather than 15-18 year olds. There is little outside interference - and you can...
  14. F

Playoff attendance

I may be ancient, but I recall OSU games being televised only 2-3 games per year (well, other than WOSU running a replay on Sunday morning). There was no OSU vs Myld at noon, ALA-LSU at 3:30, Clemson-NC State at 7:30 and 47 other games on most sports packages (streaming or cable), taking this...
  15. F

2019 Mid-State League

Starting to have the same thoughts about the Cardinal and lack of identity. At least as far as football is concerned. Not sure what adding Miller to the mix accomplishes for football, other than just getting another game on the schedule. The core for football, for now, appears to be FC and...
  16. F

2019 Mid-State League

Dock, or anyone else following the MSL-Buckeye and Ohio... what is going on with Liberty Union? Never would have thought 0-10. I look at their game-by-game results/scores and they may be the best (most competitive) 0-10 team in some time. Just a tough-luck year playing up a bit too high, or...
  17. F

#8 vs. #1 Seed Upsets

Agree - hard to tell. Could not find any common opponent, which surprised me. Not that results against common opponents are always telling in a head-to-head matchup, but thought there would have been something. The one thing that is worrisome for FC is that HP did not play a single D-VII...
  18. F

Coldwater's Shane Homan Named Honorary All-MAC 1st Team Member

from the link to the article in RD's post: "In a very special move the MAC honored Coldwater’s Shane Homan, who suffered a severe spine injury last season, by naming him as an honorary 1st team member. He continues to work hard in his recovery process."
  19. F

Are The Best Schools In Ohio Playing For State Football Titles?

No phobia, practicality. D-VII schools have a) limited budget for travel; b) a propensity for local rivalries (as do some big schools); and c) when a home game is likely to attract 1000 fans at most, how many are going to travel 200 miles for a high school football game? Most of Ohio...