Search results

1. C

Native Nickname Changes

Since rock star Rick Derringer was born Rick Zehringer, maybe his hometown of Fort Recovery could dump the Indians nickname and become the Zingers.
  2. C

Midwest Athletic Conference 2021

As has been mentioned, no Versailles-Coldwater game next season kind of stinks.
  3. C

Which State Champs Are Most Likely To Repeat In 2021? --- POLL

I would like to see Versailles (MAC) take on Kirtland in D-V in 2021, or for Kirtland to drop down to D-VI and face the MAC's top team in that division. Also, I was so impressed with NMS's qb Brungard in the final against Coldwater that NMS might be a favorite in D-VI next year.
  4. C

So ML won't play Parkway in 2021 either - is that correct?
  5. C

Would someone please list the MAC teams that won't play each other next season (if all 10 regular season games are played)? I can't remember, for instance, whom ML was supposed to 'skip' this season because of the shortened season - I think it was Parkway. In 2020 ML ended up not facing Anna...
  6. C

D VII State Championship: New Bremen (9-2) vs Warren JFK (9-2)

Ok - we all know that if New Bremen played Fort Loramie five times, the Cardinals probably wouldn't win all five. Same for NB vs ML, and certainly for NB vs LCC. But New Bremen won all of their playoff games against those outstanding teams and are now undisputed state champs. On a somewhat...
  7. C

MAC Daddies again!

In 2019 Anna won the D-VI title, while Marion won the D-VII title. In 2020 Coldwater won the D-VI title, while New Bremen won the D-VII title. That's four different MAC teams that've won state in football in only the last two years.
  8. C

Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

Big congratulations to New Bremen and Coldwater on their state titles - well done guys!!
  9. C

DVI Coldwater vs New Middletown Springfield Updates - 11/22

Maybe Brungard should have been allowed to continue running the ball on the last possession - he was nearly unstoppable.
  10. C

D VI State Championship: Coldwater (11-0) vs New Middletown Springfield (11-0)

Coldwater wins!!!!! McKibben was awesome!
  11. C

Way to go Cavs!!!!! 35-35
  12. C

Fantastic response by CW - go Cavs!!
  13. C

#19 for NMS making some nice defensive plays
  14. C

Division V State Final: AP #2 Ironton (11-0) vs. AP #1 Kirtland (10-0)

How is it possible for Tiger to coach games with no headphones - with no communication, apparently, with his coaching assistants up top? Does another K coach call the offensive plays? Someone else call the defensive formations?
  15. C

Division V State Final: AP #2 Ironton (11-0) vs. AP #1 Kirtland (10-0)

Very impressive win today for Kirtland - congratulations to Coach LeVerde and his team from MACland.
  16. C

Having 17 seniors was almost certainly a big reason for NB's success. How many seniors were on the JFK roster this year?
  17. C

DVII New Bremen vs Warren JFK Updates - 11/20

NB coach Chris Schmidt took over following two 0-10 seasons for the Cardinals (in '13 and '14 I think). Now he's a state champion coach.
  18. C

MAC now has 41 state titles in football. Started with Minster in '89 and now New Bremen in 2020.
  19. C

Way to go Cardinals - you're the STATE CHAMPS!! And did it in dominating fashion!!
  20. C

Hard to believe Schaefer wasn't a varsity player until last week (I think that's right). And holding JFK to 133 total yards is darn impressive. Big congratulations New Bremen - you represented your town and the MAC exceptionally well!!