Search results

1. C

College Football 2013 Season Predictions

With the college football season starting up next Thursday, I figured that it's time to get some predictions and banter going on the upcoming season. Post your conference champions ("Big Six" conferences at least, others if you'd like), Heisman Trophy winner, national title game participants and...
  2. C

Reid Worstell to walk-on at Ohio State

After first being reported by 1480 WHBC Sports Director Sam Bourquin, I can confirm that GlenOak QB Reid Worstell will be a preferred walk-on at Ohio State this Fall. As a preferred walk-on, Worstell will have a spot on the team and is eligible to practice when Fall practices start in August...
  3. C

Chip Kelly to the Philadelphia Eagles

Soooo, this happened. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8849699/chip-kelly-bolts-oregon-ducks-coach-philadelphia-eagles-sources So much for wanting to stay in college, Chip.
  4. C

2012 NCAA National Championship Game: Kansas vs. Kentucky

Who wins it all: Big Blue Nation or Rock Chalk Jayhawk?
  5. C

Gator Bowl - Ohio State vs. Florida

Discuss the game here. One of these teams will finish the season with a losing record. One will end an otherwise disappointing season on a high note. Either way, Urban Meyer will be mentioned a hundred times during the broadcast. Go Bucks!
  6. C

LSU @ Alabama

Everyone's been talking about it. Who ya got? I'm taking Alabama, 20-17.
  7. C

The Official 2012 Cleveland Indians Thread

With the 2011 World Series now over, it's time to focus on the 2012 season. Use this thread to talk about anything regarding the 2012 Cleveland Indians!
  8. C

National Championship picks

With college football beginning tonight, I am wondering who everyone is picking to go to, and ultimately win, the BCS National Championship Game at the end of this season. Also, state a sleeper team you think has a chance to win the national title if you have one. There is a lot of parity in...
  9. C

Michigan loses three players in one week

According to ESPN, three Michigan football players have left the program this week. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6894742/chris-barnett-leaves-michigan-wolverines I'm of course not trying to start trouble, but am just surprised that three players from Michigan would leave the...
  10. C

Jadeveon Clowney to South Carolina

The top high school recruit in the land, Jadeveon Clowney, selected South Carolina earlier today on SportsCenter as the college he will be attending this fall. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6118985 This is a huge pickup for the Gamecocks. I've only been...
  11. C

The Rose Bowl - Wisconsin vs. TCU

TCU 14 Wisconsin 10 0:36 1st quarter Pretty high scoring so far. Lots of big plays by both teams. This one should go down to the wire.
  12. C

Conference Power Rankings after week 3

With three weeks of the season completed, and conferences already beginning conference-play, what are your power rankings for the conferences in FBS college football? How you determine your rankings and what criteria they are based on is your choice. However, please provide a small explanation...
  13. C

Reggie Bush to forfeit 2005 Heisman Trophy

2005 Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush will voluntarily forfeit his Heisman Trophy. This is the first time a Heisman winner will lose his award in the Heisman's history. http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5572827 Because of this, do you feel as though Vince Young should...
  14. C

Big Ten fans.....Re: Nebraska

Will you choose to support the Nebraska Cornhuskers this season? With Nebraska joining the Big Ten beginning in the 2011-2012 academic year, it seems to me as though many Big Ten fans across the country are excited that Nebraska will be the 12th addition to the conference. With UN having to...
  15. C

Nevada, Fresno St. to join MWC

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5474774 With Nevada and Fresno joining the Mountain West Conference, I believe that if BYU decides to stay in the MWC instead of going independent in football and joining the WAC in all other sports, the MWC would have a legitimate gripe if they...
  16. C

GlenOak Roll Call

With football season soon beginning, the number of GlenOak posters on this site will surely increase. Since the number of GlenOak posters fluctuates depending on the season, I am just wondering who the G.O. fans/alumni/posters are on this site. Please post below if you are. Also, if you would...
  17. C

Iowa @ Ohio State

I figured we could get some discussion on this game a little early, before Saturday. Saturday is essentially the Rose Bowl play-in game. Whoever wins this game will own all tiebreakers over the rest of the Big Ten and will represent the conference in the Rose Bowl. Iowa is limping into this...
  18. C

Ohio State @ Penn State

Huge game today in Happy Valley. Both teams needs to win, and the loser probably kisses their Big Ten title and BCS bowl chances out the window. Hope the Bucks can play their best game of the season today, because they'll certainly need it. Both of these teams have good defenses, neither have...
  19. C

Matt Barkley named USC starting QB

Although it is unknown whether freshman Matt Barkley will start the game versus Ohio State, Barkley has been named the starting QB for USC for their season opener vs. San Jose State..... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4426998 As an OSU fan, I think it will be very tough for...
  20. C

GlenOak grads in NFL

A little late on this, but I would like to congratulate GlenOak graduates Brian Hartline and Brandon Long on being drafted/signed into the NFL last weekend. Hartline, a 2005 GO graduate, was drafted in the fourth round by the Miami Dolphins. Long, also a '05 grad, went undrafted but shortly...