Search results

1. Red14

Big Ten Conference has voted to cancel football and fall sports for 2020, according to reports

I still can't believe the Big Ten threw in the towel this fall. Makes zero sense.
  2. Red14

The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

I'd bag the testing. So what if someone tests positive? I've not ever heard of anyone even getting sick. If someone has some symptons, then pull them and test them, but stop testing all these guys and just play ball.
  3. Red14

Possibly the best hitter in the history of the Reds. Yep, he's awful...smh...
  4. Red14

Here we go!!!
  5. Red14

I think Reds fans need to take a deep breath... Fact #1 - in Gray, Castillo and Bauer, we and roll out 3 starting pitchers that give us a great chance to win every time out. Fact #2 - the offense can't get much worse. This team has hitters and they will hit. Fact #3 - There is 55 games left...
  6. Red14

Actually, ignore EP, D4, he's never much for conversation, he just shouts people down for their opinion...on an open message board no less...
  7. Red14

D4 I completely agree, this notion that a game is worth 3 games is nonsense. EVERYONE is playing 60 games (except maybe the Marlins). One game worth one game. This is where in sports talk, someone got cute and made this statement and everyone ran with it.
  8. Red14

NBA restart - what's your interest level?

I thought Oladipo wasn't going to play? I think we'll find out in another year that many of these players will see their "brand" has been damaged by off court stuff and we'll go back to athletes acting like athletes, and not politicians.
  9. Red14

While that may be true, the way sports grow fanbases is by making their games more attractive, not less. I think the NBA is dangerously pushing alot of fringe fans away.
  10. Red14

Nuggetts are an interesting matchup for teams. Unfortunately due to marketing, we get very little info on teams outside of the Lakers, Rockets, Celtics, Warriors, Sixers (my team) and now the Pelicans. I still think many don't remember that the Raptors won the title last year. NBA/ ESPN/ TNT...
  11. Red14

How is Summer Softball Going?

That's very interesting to me. So far, we take all the data from the Govenor and the health department as fact, but should we?? I mean I would think if there was an outbreak for these softball/ baseball / basketball tournaments that's been going on for a couple of months now, it would be...
  12. Red14

How is Summer Softball Going?

So now that everyone is 6 weeks to two months into this, has anyone got COVID from a softball tournament, or heard of anyone who has??
  13. Red14

Some Potentially Very Good News: Hydroxychloroquine and Z-pac

So a question I'm having is the reliability of the testing? Supposedly, Juan Soto of the Washington Nationals has tested negative 6 times over the weekend, but not two consectutive negagtive tests, per MLB rules? So what do we make of this? Are the test largely speculative? Are they even...
  14. Red14

The NBA players are, I feel, trending into dangerous waters with all of the off court, political things that keep being mentioned. As a fan, I'm most interested in their basketball games and how it affects my team. Could the NBA players be sabotaging their own careers and the future careers of...
  15. Red14

Does the Reds players taking a knee for the National Anthem affect how you feel towards the team?

i think you'll eventually see the national anthem done away with at sporting events. Right, wrong or indifferent, you are not going to host events where there is controversy. We turned something that was normal into abnormal. And remember, there is no law or mandate that everyone has to stand...
  16. Red14

Miami Marlins postpone game as coronavirus spreads

Baseball players are being tested every other day. Of course the positive cases are going to be up. But has anyone been sick, and sick enough to be hospitalized?? No. We now have guys not coming to the park because they don't feel well? Back up a few years. What if your favorite player...
  17. Red14

New Name for Washington Franchise?

Saw a cute meme the other day of an offshoot to the Washington Football Club, as they've announced. It's the monogram version on the helmet... "WTF" Ha!!
  18. Red14

What is this all about

Racism is in the eye of the beholder...there will never be a complete end to racism.
  19. Red14

Well, that weekend kind of stunk, but it's live baseball, so we can't be too mad. Great starts from Gray, Castillo and Bauer. If we keep getting those, we'll be just fine. The offense will come. However, the bullpen is a big concern at this point. I think Lorenzen needs to be moved back...
  20. Red14

Does the Reds players taking a knee for the National Anthem affect how you feel towards the team?

I support the Reds as a baseball team, I don't care about their philosophies in life. However, I think pro athletes are dancing very dangerously with what I feel they don't really understand. Much of the salaries that these guys get are driven through the massive TV contracts that the teams...