Search results

1. P

Wal$h - Who knew?

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/ohsaa-11-walsh-jesuit-student-athletes-must-pay-back-prohibited-athletic-scholarships Is that wrong? Are they not allowed to do that? Glad the coaches are being retrained on how to recruit.
  2. P

Can February 22 get here fast enough?

My biological clock is trashed. My biorhythms are so off it's not funny. 23, 28, 33... I don't know what grade anyone is anymore. How different will practices be?
  3. P

SW D2 District

Why on earth did they run two races for D2 boys at VOA? How unfair is it that 3 teams and individuals in top 12 advance from a field of 5 teams and 50 total runners with the same number of qualifiers from the other section with 10 teams and 72 total runners? Both boys and girls should have been...
  4. P

METRO Athletic Conference results.

Woodridge boys and girls win the inaugural METRO Athletic Conference championships. Boys. Woodridge 20, Field 73, Cloverleaf 75. Woodridge boys are deep. Their 6-10 would have placed 2nd and Field and Cloverleaf are good teams...
  5. P

Like Marlon Brando... but BIGGER!

Stan Stammen built the Woodridge cross county program into something to be proud of. Three decades of excellence can be torn down in two short decades though. Coach Stammen would be rolling over in his grave if he were not alive and well living the good life in his beautiful home in even more...
  6. P

Interesting Early Math-ups

Billy Goat (McDonald) has Cloverleaf, NDCL and Woodridge in the Large School Race. 3 of the top 6 boys teams from NE last year D2.
  7. P

How do we make this work?

Some hurdles. My daughter's school has decided on distance learning. No decision on sports yet. Just like here, the fate of all sports seems to rest with the fate of football. They seem to have figured out guidelines for all sports except football and the complaints were so great, that they...
  8. P

What to do for kids / Seniors?

Up until about a week ago, I really thought there would be some sort of season for the kids. (Edit out all the stuff I had to say about who I'm disappointed in and why) Now that the dream is dead, what are some ideas of what to do for the kids and especially the seniors? I'm not big on stuff...
  9. P

Track and Field relay question

I'm wondering if my memory is correct or not. I remember as a kid watching the olympics even as late as 88 when Butch Reynolds anchored the 4x400 and I think they just random drew the lane assignments. USA won from lane 2 or something. I remember them being in lane 8 or 9 too. In high school, I...
  10. P

What will next year and years after look like?

What do you think private school enrollment figures will look like going forward? Will people be able to afford the price tag or will the private schools have to run in the red for a while to keep enrollment up? Is there the capacity for public schools to properly handle a big influx of kids...
  11. P

NE REGIONAL

D2 GIRLS LOOKS TO HAVE 7-8 TEAMS FOR 6 SPOTS. $V$M CHAGRIN FALLS TALLMADGE BEAUMONT POLAND WOODRIDGE HAWKEN EDGEWOOD D2 BOYS MAYBE 7 TEAMS FOR 6 SPOTS. WOODRIDGE BAY $V$M POLAND SALEM NDCL. WEST G.
  12. P

CVNP - Things that make it the best invitational in the state.

Is it the inconvenient parking 2 miles from the course? The way it takes you back to your childhood riding a packed bus up and down hills and around curves with the heat cranked and no air? The way it forces you to make decisions like port-o-potty or the woods! The 18 foot difference between...
  13. P

Issue with the pole vault

I was going to write to Dale Gabor/ OHSAA about pole vault poles and ask why we can't move to a multiple weight rating on poles. We vault and have pretty good vaulters at times. However, we do not have the pole stash or the money to purchase every pole we might need. We have purchased poles...
  14. P

Injuries and Athletic trainers

It has gotten to a point where our athletic trainer determines workouts more than I do as a coach. Our CC kids seem to be able to get through a season without constant visits to the trainer. However, our kids from other sports are constant fixtures in the trainers room. I can't do more to have...
  15. P

Who makes Varsity

I got into this a little last year and would like to again. How do schools/coaches determine who to give Varsity Letters too? It's obvious for the top 7, but do you just leave it at that? At our Conference, we might have 17-20 boys that would be top 7 on any other team in the League. Should...
  16. P

NE Regional Meet

I have been to the other Regional meets over the years. It's been a long time since I was at Pickerington, so it might have changed. The awards ceremony and announcing of results etc. at Boardman are terrible. Especially in comparison to the other 3 Regional meets. The concession trailers need...
  17. P

Interesting situation

In North Carolina, they do things differently than up here. They just go Regional and then the state meet. They take 4 teams minimum from each regional and then may add a team or two based on 25% formula. So teams may chose to show up to the Regional or not. If 8 teams show, 4 go. But if 20...
  18. P

D2 Boys - State

Heath looks very Strong coming out of the Regional. Shelby looks just as Strong. $V$M, Bay and Woodridge are very good as well, with Bay slipping a bit after making it real tight at the District. Is Shelby the favorite based on such a good top 2? $V$M might have as good a top 2 and Woodridge...
  19. P

Today vs Yesterday

I just got back from a meet where Woodridge, Crestwood, Field and Rootstown ran against each other. Nice little meet. When I ran in the 80's it would have been a dual meet, but that is a thing of the past and it's now super duals where you get the league stuff out of the way early and in one...