Search results

1. Basement Bias

Northwest Conference 2020

Yeah it's still a long haul going up to 30. Spencerville isn't too bad for the west teams of the NWC. Be nice if Parkway, the 2 Delphos schools, Spencerville, Crestview, Lincolnview, and the 3 Paulding schools would have joined up. Never will happen due to the ties of NWC, MAC, and GMC.
  2. Basement Bias

So are those of us in the Crestview area of Willshire Township in the village of Wren. The village of Willshire is in the same township obviously and is Parkway School district! Grove not a big deal but getting through Lima or around to the other 3 looks like a pain. Much easier from experience...
  3. Basement Bias

I'd like to see some realignment with the GMC and NWC. Be nice if Edgerton could go with others up north like Edon and such. Wish Crestview, Delphos Jefferson, Spencerville, and Lincolnview could go move into the GMC like Paulding did. Give you 10 football schools and 11 basketball schools.
  4. Basement Bias

Good luck to him. I didn't realize he was that much older than myself. I don't really know him, but know of him. His wife just lived a couple miles to the east of where I grew up in Indiana (on the line) and was my age. Actually had a college course she was in. Graduated high school with her...
  5. Basement Bias

Will the 2021 season be back to the old norm?

I liked seeing the Buckeye state have an all in tournament. I think having a 8-9 game regular season and then an all in playoffs would be nice to see. Once eliminated teams could play 1 or 2 games for the 9-10 game season to get those kids playing time from the running clock playoff games. I...
  6. Basement Bias

Rules question -- Double pin??

Note where the official is standing in that pic. Doesn't look to be in a good position to call much of anything.
  7. Basement Bias

OHSAA coronavirus rules: Students can wrestle, but can't shake hands

I thought the same thing for football. Now in football if the players dressed and didn't play, then yeah it made sense. However if you're tackling each other during the game, what difference did it make. Same with wrestling. I've saw in Indiana where some schools shook hands but didn't clean...
  8. Basement Bias

Is Jake the high school wrestling coach? I noticed that the first match is tonight. I couldn't find any information on the school website.
  9. Basement Bias

Midwest Athletic Conference 2021

Yeah but Ohio City is part of Van Wert and east of Glenmore is Van Wert.
  10. Basement Bias

I can help you with the school boundaries. That needs some fixing.
  11. Basement Bias

Luers had so many chances to put that game away and didn't. It was sickening. Watch Center Grove and the size of those linemen. Though, I wasn't impressed with their line play overall. Those are some big boys from Johnson County Indiana.
  12. Basement Bias

I just had that feeling that South Adams was going to South Adams and sure enough that was the cruel fate they encountered. Eerily similar to when their last wrestler went for the first state title and ended up getting beat in OT in a scramble. Like I said, even this rival Jets fan feels bad for...
  13. Basement Bias

@StateChampion2012 Well NE/EC Indiana just couldn't get it done this weekend. Bishop Luers blew a 9 pt lead and lost on a last second FG to Western Boone (Webo) to give the Stars their 3rd straight 2A final. They split their first 2 titles in 2 different SF periods so they did the rare 3 peat in...
  14. Basement Bias

MAC question, curious re: Parkway

It's culture within the school. Parkway is baseball first for men's athletics. Last year they had a great year for basketball and who knows, they could have won it all. So that puts football in #3 or worse. They are one of the few MAC schools to offer wrestling, so maybe that could help in a...
  15. Basement Bias

Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

Grudgingly I'll have to agree being an AC guy. I think SA will have their hands full though. They're playing a Christian school that's a couple blocks from Ben Davis and I believe another large 5/6A school. They knocked off a really good squad that were state runner ups last year by a point...
  16. Basement Bias

Congrats to the Cavs in another exciting game today! Way to represent MAC & NW Ohio teams!
  17. Basement Bias

DVI Coldwater vs New Middletown Springfield Updates - 11/22

Springfield matched Coldwater punch for punch compared to the previous year against Anna. Congrats to the Coldwater Cavs on #7. These local teams except for NB in the 2nd half made it very exciting. I'm not sure how many more close games I can take watching this weekend after Van Wert & Coldwater.
  18. Basement Bias

D IV State Championship: Lake Catholic (8-2) vs. Van Wert (10-1) — Sunday at 12:00pm

Wow what a game! Those Cougars are fighters (for both sides)! 2 down and 1 to go for the area! Congrats on the first state title for Van Wert!
  19. Basement Bias

Panthers you are now on the clock (unless 8 man starts and then New Knoxville is then)! Congrats to New Bremen! 1 down and 2 to go (well 1 MAC to go)!
  20. Basement Bias

Games Cancelled Maybe

Why is he possibly unknowingly spreading the virus by leaving the state? Why did he venture into my beloved homeland of Indiana in my birth town that is 45 mins from my Hoosier hometown? It's also 45 or so minutes from my current Ohio residence as well. Just didn't get why he's trying to bring...