Search results

1. J

GMC 20-21 Basketball

Offense is going to get the benefit of the doubt on that. He was also fouled so it couldn't have been a travel. I think it was a good call.
  2. J

Elder Basketball 2020-2021

Hamilton is dangerous no doubt but they will play at a fast pace which Elder loves. I like this matchup for Elder as long as they shoot it well. They will get plenty of open looks.
  3. J

OHSAA visited UD last weekend, I'm hearing UD or Vandalia Butler will be the host.
  4. J

Southwest Districts thread

There are some fantastic 2nd round games: West High - LaSalle Hamilton - Princeton Oak Hills - Turpin Walnut - Mason FF - West Middletown - Mt Healthy
  5. J

GMC 20-21 Basketball

The Hamilton kids were out due to transfer issues but they were just ruled eligible by OHSAA a few days ago. I think both KJ and Zongo will be D1 kids but Zongo has a long way to go in the classroom and from a maturity level. That was a terrible fit from the beginning, the OH community wasn't...
  6. J

Big Moe Basketball

You make a fair point but so do I. Moeller has been loaded with high level D1 and D2 kids for years not to mention NBA talent. Anyone and I mean anyone could have won State Titles with that talent. I will be very interested to see how they are next year with only 1 D1 kid on the roster. Carl is...
  7. J

Big Moe Basketball

Moe will be down for Moe next season but I still expect them to finish 2nd in the GCLS behind Elder. I would think they go 16-6 or in that range depending on schedule. The soph/jr kids are ok but they have a loaded frosh class that may be able to help at Varsity next year.
  8. J

Dayton D1 Tourney.....

Elder will have to beat some good teams to get to the Regional in the first place. If they do match up Centerville imo will beat Elder. Elder could handle any of the other Dayton teams but Centerville is well coached and will run E off the 3pt line. Thats when Elder struggles and becomes a very...
  9. J

Dayton D1 Tourney.....

Last 5 games X has beaten Wayne, Elder, LaSalle, Moe, and Cov Cath. They are the hottest team in the state.
  10. J

Big Moe Basketball

It amazes me that Coach doesn't just let those kids use their athleticism and play basketball. They can win it all but for me they play to many close games or let teams hang around because of their style. I still think they win the Region but i just dont see them winning State.
  11. J

OK, you are moving all over the place at this point. First of all Elder and every other Cincy team can only play in the 5 Cincy Sectionals. It was not an option for Elder to jump in with Miamisburg. The Dayton schools can play in Dayton only and are not allowed to jump into a Cincy Sectional...
  12. J

It's not Elder's job to make Moe's route tougher to reach Regional. It's Elder's job to pick the clearest path for them to get to Regional. You didn't answer the question: Which route is easier Hamilton/Princeton - LE - Centerville or Moe - Miamisburg - X/Wayne??? It's obvious Elder chose the...
  13. J

Elder would be the favorite vs all of those teams outside of Centerville and that's a pickem IMO. So to answer your question, yes it would be much easier for Elder to beat LE and Centerville than to just beat Moe to make a Regional Final. Let me ask it this way: Would you rather play...
  14. J

IMO West would have about a 1% chance of beating Moe and that's in a perfect storm. Mahaffey would be all over Dudukovich leaving 1 scorer left on the floor. West IMO has about a 33% chance of winning the sectional they are in. The odds tell me it's much smarter to leave Moe alone.
  15. J

Moe would beat West by 20+ they are waaay to small to give Moe any problems. West is also in the most open bracket there is with FF Walnut and Mason. You have to remember there are 5 sectionals for the Cincy area. If there were only 3 or 4 I would agree that jumping in with Moe would be smart...
  16. J

CHL Basketball 2020-21

I think they beat OH in Rd 1 of the tourney and can beat Turpin in Rd 2. They are long, athletic, and well coached but have trouble finishing games.
  17. J

I'm with you on this.... I understand the point they are making but it doesn't hold water for me. There were two teams in this years draw outside the top 5 that I thought had even a chance to beat Moe and that Was West High (Length, athletic, and wont back down) and a full strength Hamilton...
  18. J

CHL Basketball 2020-21

Harrison and Ross fans are notorious for being awful! I'm not sure what's in the water in that area but they all need to just chill. Especially when Harrison is as bad as they are.
  19. J

Great draw for Elder... Elder plays Harrison and Winton Woods, will get Princeton or Hamilton in Sec finals. Hamilton has been very good lately. Should play East in District if they are not upset by West High or LaSalle winner. Avoid Moe and X until Regional final. Would have tough game vs...
  20. J

Other scenarios... Hamilton if they get back their 7' hops in with Moe. East goes in with Elder Princeton goes in with FF